You know what?  Fuck google.  I want watmm's answers to all my questions first.  There was a time when if someone didn't know something, you had to ask your friend and hope they knew something.  And even if they didn't, they pretended like they did and you'd either believe them or fight.  Those were the good ol' days.  Let's bring them back, watmm.

Is there a difference between "nurse" and "registered nurse"?  If not, why do they always add that little bit of redundancy?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Registered nurses are a relic from older communistic societies where people were numbers on the payroll of the central government. Or, as Zeff would put it, slaves for the central government. 

Thank you both.  Now I've got some opening lines for these dating chats, like "I'm so sorry about all the debt and wage slaving you must suffer for a chance at freedom.  I hope the central government takes mercy upon you soon.  What did you think of Syro?"

4 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

No, 37.  But ask me again in 5 years.

marx.jpeg

My friend dressed up as Groucho and she was very proud as her picture was towards the top when you google image searched him. She died and it doesn’t seem to be anymore. 

10 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Is there a difference between "nurse" and "registered nurse"?  If not, why do they always add that little bit of redundancy?

Then there are also "LPN"s, licensed practical nurses, or as they can sometimes be called, "let's pretend" nurses.

50 minutes ago, StephenG said:

I imagine someone somewhere at some

point has fucked a nurse yes. They’re not nuns. 

there's no proof of this. nurses as a species have been dwindling for years, that's why they now have to recruit and train normal people to become nurses and pay them top dollar to do so. 

edit: have you ever seen a baby nurse? nope. think about it. were any of your friends when you were a child nurses? of course not. 

Archived