IGNORED

will richard put out a good record ever again?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to wonder if most of you are even fans of RDJ's work from reading these comments. While I'm not crazy about all the material he's put out in the past couple years, none of it is outright terrible or anything. As I've said before it's more like he's kind of on autopilot and not really focused on creating the next monumental Aphex Twin album as he did in the first half of his career. For me his peak creativity was everything he did from his start up to and including I Care Because You Do. Everything after that I've liked a bit less in varying degrees. Autechre's output on the other hand for me has been dogshit for quite a while now. I also went to see them on their last tour and I thought the entire set sucked. Couldn't believe it was the same group that put out all those great albums and eps in the 90's, early 00's. It was an hour of completely substance-less and directionless noodling bleeps and bloops. A far cry from when I saw them in 99-00. In my opinion Autechre or Boards of Canada never once comes close to touching the music of RDJ at his best so perhaps I'm a little biased.

I have to wonder if most of you are even fans of RDJ's work from reading these comments. While I'm not crazy about all the material he's put out in the past couple years, none of it is outright terrible or anything. As I've said before it's more like he's kind of on autopilot and not really focused on creating the next monumental Aphex Twin album as he did in the first half of his career. For me his peak creativity was everything he did from his start up to and including I Care Because You Do. Everything after that I've liked a bit less in varying degrees. Autechre's output on the other hand for me has been dogshit for quite a while now. I also went to see them on their last tour and I thought the entire set sucked. Couldn't believe it was the same group that put out all those great albums and eps in the 90's, early 00's. It was an hour of completely substance-less and directionless noodling bleeps and bloops. A far cry from when I saw them in 99-00. In my opinion Autechre or Boards of Canada never once comes close to touching the music of RDJ at his best so perhaps I'm a little biased.

flol mods ban pls

Field Day LP is lush weirdness.

The unreleased track from Houston is fucking amazing.

And Syro,which is a beautiful album,was not that long ago.

I'm not worried.

as a wise man once said:

Alberto Balsalm is his finest moment.

False. Read the rules, asshole.

Field Day LP is lush weirdness.

The unreleased track from Houston is fucking amazing.

And Syro,which is a beautiful album,was not that long ago.

I'm not worried.

yeah it seems a bit silly to question his creativity after listening to that imo

if it's not for you it's ok but saying he's not able to put an album together at this point kinda sounds like a joke, idk.. such a weird sense of entitlement lol

Indeed> Bear in mind it's a fantastic track and he didn't actually put it on the album.

when DOES he ever put his best tracks on 'the album'?

on every album before syro

touché.

those ICBYD extras could give the core album a run for its money though. i mean holy hell those are good.

edit: also majorly preferred the mike & rich reissue bonus disc to the main stuff

Archived