Joyrex

On 4/23/2020 at 11:30 AM, oscillik said:

I don't understand, how is that a drum machine?

Yeah, it makes a sort of regular typewriter noise, and then he types rhythmically to a hiphoppy instrumental. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe everything is wrong.  

3 hours ago, Candiru said:

Yeah, it makes a sort of regular typewriter noise, and then he types rhythmically to a hiphoppy instrumental. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe everything is wrong.  

The mechanical clicking at the beginning is just the normal typewriter sound before he turns it on. Then, there's a cut, and after that, he uses it as a controller. The O is the snare and so on.

This video is a little clearer:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Braintree
      So with all of the streaming going on, I've been looking to up my video skills. I found a decent Max for Live video plugin that should work fairly well.
      Is there any way of getting video output from Ableton Live? Specifically, out of Live and into OBS?
    • By Joyrex
      https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/live/
      Ableton Live 10 Intro only $70 USD
    • By Joyrex
      Ableton announced they have launched a new, free resource for learning synthesis, Learning Synths: https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/learn-synthesis-in-your-browser/

• By user
      Maybe somebody can shed some light on the following issue, it's a weird one and quite annoying.

This is what I'm doing:

Drumrack with 16 instances of a max for live device into live external instrument plugins sending notes and midi cc to my Machinedrum.

I'll make a nice boring 4/4 pattern using push, all fine and dandy, now add some per step automation, everything is ok but of course the automation needs to be shifted a bit because latency/pdc/etc issues, so the automation is shifted a bit to the left. Now weird things start happening, everytime I send a cc to the machinedrum live's timing starts slowing down. I twist a knob, there's a bunch of lag in the pattern, and it catches up again, doesn't matter what cc is being sent or on what channel.
      To make sure I wasn't going crazy I added an LFO in live controlling one of the parameters of the m4l controller device, timing goes completely nuts, it seems to sort of pulsate in time with the LFO, it's like space and time are melting...

If I delete the clip all is well again, I can jam out a new pattern on push, add some automation and then after a while control of  local space time continuum via midi cc is regained.

There's no midi loops going on anywhere, and besides this issue midi timing/jitter on my current setup has been pretty great.

Probably there's something super obvious or simple I'm missing but I haven't gotten that far troubleshooting this issue yet, sort of expected it would be a known bug or something but I've searched to no avail (possibly due to lack of searching skills).

Any ideas?

I'm using live 10 on a not super old mac. The m4l device is a slightly modified version of the Machinedrum Haters device (added level control, removed a few things), used midi monitor to check if maybe I was accidentally sending extra cc's or whatever to the md but don't see any weird things. It's as if the cc's are eating up all the available bandwidth but this seems unlikely with just 2/3 parameters being automated.

Also; why I mentioned shifting the clip envelopes's timing; it doesn't seem to happen until they are adjusted and also unlinking and linking the clip envelopes seems to help?! Completely lost here.  
    • By Joyrex
      Interesting little drum machine that uses a neural network:

https://codepen.io/teropa/full/JLjXGK/