IGNORED

George Floyd and the emergent momentum of revolutionary masses

zlemflolia

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

turns out mr floyd was an actor in 1 adult 'video' in 2016. 

this either helps focus on the bigger picture of this fallout and the results of our current society or we move on try to get back to "normal"

oh dear...

4 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

you are a fucking idiot. hardly the first time you've said something so dumb it's astounding, so i don't know why i'm surprised, but here we are.

I think he's onto something when he says 'showbusiness and feeling important'. I'm from a smallish town called Sarasota, FL., I moved to Milwaukee 2 months ago. It's a large city with a much larger black population than my hometown. Protests are going on right down the street from where I live, literally. Now I stepped outside to take a look because it's hard not to with all the noise. It reminded me of something I've only seen just once, from a trip I took to Colombia. A local sports team had won some special soccer championship (I know next to nothing about soccer). This and that are strikingly similar. I don't agree with everything drillkicker said in his post but there's a grain of truth to everything.

Wanna see my pain motherfucker?

Here:

Bildschirmfoto_2020-06-01_04-19-50.thumb.png.2ec27923632ab59886498321d924a56d.png

I was running around at that street a few months ago. I urged my GF to leave the city and the country. I'm so glad she did. Still my heart bleeds to see that violence, even thought i support the cause, also being very left wing for ages. It still just hurts man... it hurts. And i hate the fucking cops. But violence is not the way... it just doesn't work. It never did.

40 minutes ago, diatoms said:

i was raised mormon

35 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I was raised moron

you too?

i knew we had something in common:)

32 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

you're a fucking moron too

Well, a lot of people are justifiably pissed about cops murdering civilians, but within the crowds are people that just want to start shit and aren’t very noble. Some of them may be there to make all protesters look bad, and some of them do that unintentionally. It’s a great opportunity for provocateurs or people who prey upon the situation with looting or getting some violence out of their system. 

I don’t think it’s controversial to notice it. People fucked up college campuses and SWAT teams were called in when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004 and again to a lesser extent in 2007. Cars got flipped over, helicopters flying by, riot gear, etc. And that was over a sports team winning, not a civilian getting murdered on camera. 

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

Well, a lot of people are justifiably pissed about cops murdering civilians, but within the crowds are people that just want to start shit and aren’t very noble. Some of them may be there to make all protesters look bad, and some of them do that unintentionally. It’s a great opportunity for provocateurs or people who prey upon the situation with looting or getting some violence out of their system. 

whoa, it is? hadn't thought of that! you should probably go on Facebook and tell everyone!

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

People fucked up college campuses and SWAT teams were called in when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004 and again to a lesser extent in 2007. Cars got flipped over, helicopters flying by, riot gear, etc. And that was over a sports team winning, not a civilian getting murdered on camera. 

i would've thought you had enough sense to make the distinction between the useless pissfit that's a riot over a sports team and a riot over the latest blatant murder of a POC by a cop, but i'm starting to wonder. yes, both can attract outside actors who just wanna fuck shit up, of course. duh. one of them is worth that risk, one of them isn't. 

31 minutes ago, son_of_delet said:

it's not about 'a civilian getting murdered on camera'

it's decades upon decades of systemic racism and having society view you as a second class citizen. this is pent up rage, a defense, biting back. i'm not necessarily pro rioting, looting, etc. but i'm sure as fuck not finger wagging from a place of incredible privilege and making terrible cringe comparisons to sporting events. so some elements are superficially similar? cool, great fucking point, you dismissive fuck. i drank coffee this morning and then pissed, both are liquids. does that mean i drink piss?

candiru i appreciate your patience while i am losing my shit over this btw. this anger is directed more at the others.

You’re giving the guys who committed arson to walk away with three bags of chips too much credit, I think. I do feel privileged that I don’t own that business or work there. There was also a peaceful protest earlier. 

Wokeness as an ersatz religion is getting a bit out of hand, I’d say. 

2 hours ago, Ethel said:

I think he's onto something when he says 'showbusiness and feeling important'. I'm from a smallish town called Sarasota, FL., I moved to Milwaukee 2 months ago. It's a large city with a much larger black population than my hometown. Protests are going on right down the street from where I live, literally. Now I stepped outside to take a look because it's hard not to with all the noise. It reminded me of something I've only seen just once, from a trip I took to Colombia. A local sports team had won some special soccer championship (I know next to nothing about soccer). This and that are strikingly similar. I don't agree with everything drillkicker said in his post but there's a grain of truth to everything.

the entire act of a protest or a riot or any demonstration is to be seen, to show, to assert importance and light upon a subject or cause or what have you. so, yes. there is an inherent portion of that....literally, by design.

Minneapolis police are on their shit tonight.  Just after curfew they corral about 100 protesters from all sides, funneling them into a parking lot with flash bangs and eventually surrounding them with an intimidating amount of police and National Guard.

2 hours ago, Candiru said:

I don’t think it’s controversial to notice it. People fucked up college campuses and SWAT teams were called in when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004 and again to a lesser extent in 2007. Cars got flipped over, helicopters flying by, riot gear, etc. And that was over a sports team winning, not a civilian getting murdered on camera

In Canada, post-Stanley Cup finals are when the biggest riots happen - win or lose. (2 Ls for Vancouver and 1W for Montreal)

2011 - Vancouver (I was downtown in a bar drinking with some friends from out of town for this one - we got locked in the bar for like 3 hours)

1994 - Vancouver

1993 - Montreal

and a few more even before the finals...

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/heres-a-list-of-significant-hockey-riots-in-canada

Archived