IGNORED

George Floyd and the emergent momentum of revolutionary masses

zlemflolia

4 minutes ago, very honest said:

don't argue for the overthrow of government. work within established channels for change, if you are actually serious. if you want to improve living conditions in impoverished nations, there are a lot of ways to do that. it's hard for me to believe that you think overthrowing american capitalism by means of rioting is the path to a solution to the global problem you claim to be trying to solve. that argument would seem more like a pretense for simply attacking america. if you were serious then you should work on establishing yourself as an academic and formulate a body of work in which you layout arguments for a path to improvement. when you post on the internet trying to get people to fight cops in order to overthow capitalism to help low wage earners in other countries, it really smacks of some weak bullshit.

intellectual masturbation and the academic appropriation of radical political analysis is nothing more than a bourgeois infiltration of the movement.  it's all there, bigger geniuses than I or you could ever aspire to be have ALREADY LAID IT ALL OUT

I appreciate your post which you intend to be constructive, and I understand the areas of truth to it, but I reject this as liberal idealism.  nobody's going to listen to some dude writing a book explaining a path to fucking improvement, the books have already been written, it's pretty fucking clear what needs to be done

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, very honest said:

zeffo i'm still waiting for you to tell me where you get your info, what country you're from, and if you're coordinating with the other foreign entities stoking unrest in the states

He is probably coordinated with muslims and other hostile invaders of the precious USA. Thanks Obama

1 hour ago, Zeffolia said:

intellectual masturbation and the academic appropriation of radical political analysis is nothing more than a bourgeois infiltration of the movement.  it's all there, bigger geniuses than I or you could ever aspire to be have ALREADY LAID IT ALL OUT

I appreciate your post which you intend to be constructive, and I understand the areas of truth to it, but I reject this as liberal idealism.  nobody's going to listen to some dude writing a book explaining a path to fucking improvement, the books have already been written, it's pretty fucking clear what needs to be done

I feel you, man. Seems like the same papers are being written by good folks from each successive generation who go the academic route, but, altruistic as they are, nothing much ever seems to come of it. It's totally frustrating to witness.

Same seems to go for people going into politics with the best intentions of bringing change, but end up getting swallowed but that something or other, system? i dunno.

Do we have the balls to initiate real upheaval of thangs, or we still just comfortable enough to endure?

48 minutes ago, dingformung said:

What needs to be done?

what is to be done is that we need to end capitalism by eliminating private property rights and implementing decentralized commodity production and transportation networks based on need first, desire second, to which everyone contributes only to the best of their ability.  very difficult but everyone needs to contribute and at least give voice to it

it encompasses everything.  from materialist ecology to ethics

You're at a riot and this little man shows up... wyd? (where's the mag in his rifle lol???)

XqrawvG.png

3 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

also marx is not lenin, please back up your claim of me posting leninism

I admire the effort mate but this forum is filled to the brim with starbucks harry potter funko pop liberals, I wouldn't bother.

I'd love to see the grand ole oligarchy crash and burn, but I doubt this will be the revolution zeff is looking for. 

28 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

all i know is, whenever i need a take that is in touch with the black community, i turn to watmm

ain't many (if any tbh) people of color regularly posting here that i know of. nonetheless there are black voices all around right now speaking if you're wanting to hear what they've gotta say, just gotta look.

I might be wrong on this because I'm not a USA citizen, but I hope the protests remain mostly non-violent (from both sides) and that the outcome of these protests is:
 - the demilitarization of the Police (leaving armed interventions to other Law Enforcement Agencies)
 - a stronger regulation of the Police (train to be helpful righteous honourable cops serving the people)
 - and most of all discourage and stop all forms of racism inside all Law Enforcement Agencies (and in general in the entire nation)
 - moderation

I personally think a revolution, armed conflict or civil war is something to be avoided, as it probably wouldn't have the desired outcome and would probably be accompanied with too much suffering.

Superstar DJs going through the 2020 and trying to stay relevant is some next level cringe.

1 hour ago, MaartenVC said:

I might be wrong on this because I'm not a USA citizen, but I hope the protests remain mostly non-violent (from both sides) and that the outcome of these protests is:
 - the demilitarization of the Police (leaving armed interventions to other Law Enforcement Agencies)
 - a stronger regulation of the Police (train to be helpful righteous honourable cops serving the people)
 - and most of all discourage and stop all forms of racism inside all Law Enforcement Agencies (and in general in the entire nation)
 - moderation

I personally think a revolution, armed conflict or civil war is something to be avoided, as it probably wouldn't have the desired outcome and would probably be accompanied with too much suffering.

i hope for non-violent resolution, but recognize that it may not be possible. all of the points you mention are goals essentially everyone here in America desires, but they're also very difficult to enact. there are some places that are taking steps towards all those things, but each city, county, and state is run differently at almost every level with conflicting actors, conflicting ideals, and a general lean towards the status quo of 'treat cops as infallible, excuse any mistakes, protect those with money and power first and foremost' 

but ultimately the outcome of these protests will likely be

• some slaps on the wrists at the city level in Minneapolis/perhaps a couple other cities
  • Chauvin being martyred, given a 'harsh' sentence of a few years in jail, which he'll probably released very early on for 'good behavior' because he'll be protected while he's in there
  • lots of blaming of black communities and youths and 'liberals' to amplify the Republican base
  • but mostly, almost entirely: a whole lot of nothing

a true civil war is nigh impossible in America now, so it's really not worth considering as any possible outcome. just logistically, it basically couldn't happen, given the distribution of people. there'd have to be a perfectly coordinated mass of literally hundreds if not thousands of individual 'civil wars' in every single city, all at once. anything less and it would be squashed almost immediately. local, state, and federal power is absolute. it's essentially impossible, but also it's not the way forward. there are ways to fix this, but they require long term planning...and the problem i've seen more than once is that young people turn into old people before any revolutionary changes happen. their age and complacency and steadiness and hopes of security for their children and grandchildren takes over and they turncoat, essentially. their long term plans from when they were young fall to the wayside and they lose their hearts because they fear the sacrifice and pain of losing what's grown up around them, their families, friends, communities, their safe and happy lives. 

Americans should be embarrassed that this is causing a riot while the constant mass surveillance that happens every day is barely even talked about.  What a pathetic "rebellion."  It has nothing to do with rights, and everything to do with showbusiness and feeling important.  Its like a little kid raising hell for his parents' attention.

6 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Americans should be embarrassed that this is causing a riot while the constant mass surveillance that happens every day is barely even talked about.  What a pathetic "rebellion."  It has nothing to do with rights, and everything to do with showbusiness and feeling important.  Its like a little kid raising hell for his parents' attention.

White person detected

5 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Isn't this about racism?
Isn't racism one of the biggest issues in human history?

Archived