IGNORED

Spotify CEO Daniel Ek says working musicians can no longer release music only “once every three to four years.” Spotify's stock value hit all-time highs of $50 billion this summer.

ignatius

• 1 month later...

Looks like Spotify is having a very bad time and people are leaving in droves. Celebratory post.

• Like 9

On 1/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, Silent Member said:

Looks like Spotify is having a very bad time and people are leaving in droves. Celebratory post.

this should have happened years ago, but i'm glad it's finally happening now, even if it is a blatantly manufactured exodus.

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1

almost irllol at all the twitterers tweeting their approval at spotify for supporting free speech and being #american and not realizing that their decision is most likely based on the 300 million dollar contract that's involved. Gotta say though that even though Ek's an asshole and Joe Rogan a fool I'm glad that money was able to be a force for good once... seems really short-sighted to support censorship, it sets a dangerous precedent and drives the poor souls who've let themselves be hypnotized further into the clutches of populists and solipsistic demagogues. imho  

between these clowns getting heat and Facebook eating shit in earnings/stonks (short-lived, who knows), it's been a little bit of good news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

just a heads up... 

I know I'm in the minority, but i much prefer choosing a record and listening to it. Never know what mood I'm going to be in after the current album finishes.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I know I'm in the minority, but i much prefer choosing a record and listening to it. Never know what mood I'm going to be in after the current album finishes.

you have that option already.. so it's not like they're taking anything away. ? 

i often make playlists of albums from the same artist. will be nice to be able to do that if i ever stream from bandcamp on my phone which i have never done because ipods are my thing. 

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

you have that option already.. so it's not like they're taking anything away. ? 

i often make playlists of albums from the same artist. will be nice to be able to do that if i ever stream from bandcamp on my phone which i have never done because ipods are my thing. 

Oh I know, just don't want bandcamp to start focusing on streaming any more than they already are - they wanted to be a record store, and they're darn good at that.

2 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Spotify 'fucking over artists' was never really and is still not an issue for people.

People didn't care when it was record labels fucking over the artist, not sure why we expect that to change??

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Oh I know, just don't want bandcamp to start focusing on streaming any more than they already are - they wanted to be a record store, and they're darn good at that.

People didn't care when it was record labels fucking over the artist, not sure why we expect that to change??

can only stream what is purchased right? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

The fact that everyone is upset about a Joe Rogueman podcast and this is what is making people want to 'quit spotify'/clog up my feeds with their declarations about said exodus, despite there being 1 million twitter posts about artists earning some arbitrary fraction of a cent per play makes it clear that Spotify 'fucking over artists' was never really and is still not an issue for people. 

If Spotify users ever cared about the artists or remuneration arrangements on the platform then the Swedish bald motherfucker would have never had enough capital to pay the American bald motherfucker in the first place. 

I think this does show us what the real issue is; bald people.

And short people. I don't know Daniel ek's height but he's probably short.

Actually we're doing a disservice to short bald women by saying 'people'. I'm sure there are lots of lovely short bald women. Gail Porter always seemed nice. The problem is short bald MEN.

Lets chuck 'white' into the mix too.

• Haha 1