IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

Atomic number 14 (album #14) is Si (Silicon).

Silicon-based products can tend to have that charcoally metalloid aesthetic. The fire bricks in kilns or the charged interaction of semiconductors to control electrical signals might be a way of meaningfully visualising the artwork? The Si Grey also provides a link between both album #14 releases - the fiery and the lush green. And of course, the IDM relevance of the 'silicon age'.

Ae have history with this sort of thing, probably plays a small part of the title/art meaning.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

gotta say the more i see the art the more it looks a touch lazy. idk, i like it well enough but something about it just seems...cheap. maybe it's better in person of course. tDR gets ripped a bit but i generally like what i've seen of theirs, and their stuff with AE as well. and some of the tDR stuff is really good and really nice imo. this one seems like someone trying to imitate tDR almost. 

anyway as long as the music is good who cares :music:

• Like 4

Agree!

but for me a cover just needs to be ‘good enough’ and for that it should be aesthetically pleasing enough (not obnoxious would be good) and undistracting in meaning, not giving any wrong (or even worse, stupid) connotations. In that regard, this cover art is ‘good enough‘ imo

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR REDDIT ROCK THEN! WATMM PROPERTY (until proven otherwise)

Ours and already a classic!

...reminded me of another classic, remy lacroix hula hoop video ?
Sorry sean

Edited by xox