IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

2 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

idk M4, lema think about M4 only being a half of a mate

was thinking that that title might have something to do with M4L.

And also, si00 and 1 1 is are quite similar.

3 minutes ago, IOS said:

was thinking that that title might have something to do with M4L.

And also, si00 and 1 1 is are quite similar.

you mean mate for life, right? a bromance song about the relationship between Sam and Bob

• Like 1

esc desc 

r cazt

love those tittles

Hope this is as next level as sunn said ?

????

i remember first listen of Untilted was something else, even not sure it was from the rochdale lads

• Like 2

9 hours ago, eye said:

Yeah, in the mixlr chat Sean mentioned that only about 1 in 3 tracks they do together, and it's been like that for a long time. So most tracks you would call 'solo tracks'. At the same time, they're both working on the system, they're playing around with each other's patches and they're imitating each other in creating patches. So I guess it's always going to be messy and it's  going to be autechre.

I agree. always see it like that. this make sense to me. I have the same experience with music I make in duet with a friend, some few of our  tracks are comopsed just by one of us, but it won't be "us" if not played or recorded together, or would be different if created without thinking about what the other half would react to it / feel it/ like it. long-time running cross-influence / cross-motivation / shared real live experience :this  give some things that is different than a total separate solo experience.

(well a bit different of Ae, because at the end we play live (or record) the track together, while Ae could entirely produce and record separately) but still, i mean, it's still a duo work anyway. for example, as you said, about creating and managing the system together,  emulating each other.....)

beyond production it's a relationship going on that influence each other, and you sort of get it in the result, wich would be different if  we would make solo tracks without knowing / sharing each other

ps : i'm not saying there we're on the same level as Ae of course. just saying I feel ok with some of the tracks being produced by even mr booth or mr brown solo but presented as autechre,and still  it will be autechre and nothing else. and total solo (like solo-minded going) stuff won't be autechre ( could also be very  good, but different)

........I hope this won't be messy to read from a (low-vocabulary, barely-english-speaking) french dude ?

Edited by neurone
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Draft78 said:

even if often the songs are of one or the other, are the result of a common work that is the basis of the idea, both for the technical line and for the aesthetics they decide to follow: I think they have a fairly precise notion of what is collected under the name autechre (not surprisingly, the ideas that do not fully represent this form are diverted to Gescom). At this point, a solo album would consist in a systematic division of the pieces composed by R or S, giving up those composed together: an option like this, even if possible, I think makes little sense, and ultimately the only difference from the standard, would be to lose the closest collaborations: not a great advantage

ah, @Draft78 I did'nt read your post before posting mine.... :emb:  looks like we feel exactly the same about it (along with @eye that i've just quoted)

along with some more dude ?

Edited by neurone
  • Thanks 1