IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

33jkzut.jpg

Liking the 3 bar fire, handy footstool.

all those cables dangling in front of it are a bit of a fire hazard though.

Ah, we never turn in on so tis' no trouble

In terms of the TB3 - i have no experience with the clones or real deal, but for me it does what I need it for - the occasional '303' sound or riff thrown into a track

it definitely feels extremely limited and paired back, but if you're not looking to delve too deep, its nice and cheap :D

Huh... so kind of like a guitar pickup that you can point at stuff I suppose? I can see that being fun to experiment with-- I was once considering making a "pipe-bomb" mic (which is similar except the pipe translates the sound into electromagnetics that the guitar pickup then sends off)... but... I'm not too handy with that kind of stuff....or motivated to start welding things.... Anyway, can't wait to hear what you do with that. Cheers.

@Squee -- Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is that purple thing? :)

It's a microphone that picks up electromagnetic fields ;D

interesting!

btw...i found it on the net and now i'm not sure whether to buy it or to buy their omni-directional mics uši

Edited by xox

Huh... so kind of like a guitar pickup that you can point at stuff I suppose? I can see that being fun to experiment with-- I was once considering making a "pipe-bomb" mic (which is similar except the pipe translates the sound into electromagnetics that the guitar pickup then sends off)... but... I'm not too handy with that kind of stuff....or motivated to start welding things.... Anyway, can't wait to hear what you do with that. Cheers.

I'm gonna use it for sound designs. Probably not any music.

interesting!

btw...i found it on the net and now i'm not sure whether to buy it or to buy their omni-directional mics uši

I also bought these

https://lom.audio/product/usi/

Got some new toys...

image1.jpg

Is it the D50 on the bottom right?

Yup!

How do you cope with the internal mic noise when recording quiet sources?

Got some new toys...

image1.jpg

Yup!

I don't get any noise? But I also use the XLR-1... But it depends on what I need to record. I only use it for sound design stuff.

I'm gonna use it for sound designs. Probably not any music.

Wanna give us a sample pack?  :whistling:  :emb:

Got some new toys...

image1.jpg

Yup!

I don't get any noise? But I also use the XLR-1... But it depends on what I need to record. I only use it for sound design stuff.

Set the rec input from 6 to 10 and use internal mics in a very quiet space. There is a big amount of noise which isn't from the environment.

See: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/236327-excessive-pcm-d50-noise-level.html

Can you please try it out and let me know? I am curious if I was just one of the unlucky ones.

The issue is very apparent when trying to record very quiet sounds.

Edited by WNS000

interesting!

I also bought these

https://lom.audio/product/usi/

now i want both of them! waiting for the restock 

Got some new toys...

image1.jpg

Yup!

Set the rec input from 6 to 10 and use internal mics in a very quiet space. There is a big amount of noise which isn't from the environment.

See: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/236327-excessive-pcm-d50-noise-level.html

Can you please try it out and let me know? I am curious if I was just one of the unlucky ones.

Well, there'll always be some noise but it's so little that you can easily capture a noise print and reduce it without damaging the rest of the recording

Got some new toys...

image1.jpg

Yup!

Well, there'll always be some noise but it's so little that you can easily capture a noise print and reduce it without damaging the rest of the recording

In my opinion and experience with D50 the noise can be excessive and sometimes even damaging the sound. Still not sure what I got.

Motherfuckin (turbo?) RAT is such a great pedal

Yes. I've had it since my high school Dinosaur JR/Sonic Youth guitar years. I only recently got it back from a friend who had it for like 10 years. The 'Turbo' part is just a low pass filter. I haven't used it in my setup yet as I've been using a custom made Big Muff-type pedal a guy I know made for me. Here's a close up of the enclosure:

ylNwUMR.jpg

Nice...nothing more satisfying than stepping on the RAT and playing a sloppy unison bend

I'm thinking about getting some pedals for my "Jazz" (i.e. "Not rock") guitar setup

I was thinking of stuff on the "subtler" side, like a tube compressor pedal, or a reverb pedal with an expression pedal...

Any suggestions?

I've been drooling over that VHS-simulator pedal (forget the name) and the Strymon tape saturation/tape echo pedal...but those are way overkill for my purposes

Nice...nothing more satisfying than stepping on the RAT and playing a sloppy unison bend

I'm thinking about getting some pedals for my "Jazz" (i.e. "Not rock") guitar setup

I was thinking of stuff on the "subtler" side, like a tube compressor pedal, or a reverb pedal with an expression pedal...

Any suggestions?

I've been drooling over that VHS-simulator pedal (forget the name) and the Strymon tape saturation/tape echo pedal...but those are way overkill for my purposes

I haven't played electric guitar in years, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

I know a guy who has that Strymon Deco pedal. It's nice to give a dirty saturated tape type of sound, but he uses it on drum machines.