IGNORED

Music disgustingly imposed on you...

Lane Visitor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my friends has a taste in music that I would personally use to torture inmates at Guantanamo. Lots of pop punk, Taylor swift, Lily Allen, Hopsin, etc. I always offer to drive so I can play my music

What drives me crazy in these situations is people turning off a song because they don't already know it. There's always that one person who seems to think they're DJing too.

+9999

Someone once criticized a jazz song my friend shared on facebook by saying "there's not enough bass"

:catrage:

Also yeah, people can barely handle anything they don't know, not just music.

drake, fucking everywhere, drake.

Somehow I've done a really good job of avoiding Drake, and 90% of what I listen to is hip hop. Im just kind of ignoring him until he goes away. Him being popular is like cancer for the genre imo

I just get pissed off whenever I'm on the train or bus and there's some fucking guy that wants me to hear some shitty club hiphop tune coming out of his cell phone.

Knock it off.

My kids like that one song where a girl says she like Bass and no Treble... They sometimes listen to that song on repeat. I've been walking around the house lately with headphones and maddogging my kids when I walk passed them!

My kids like that one song where a girl says she like Bass and no Treble... They sometimes listen to that song on repeat. I've been walking around the house lately with headphones and maddogging my kids when I walk passed them!

but dude that drop tough

What drives me crazy in these situations is people turning off a song because they don't already know it. There's always that one person who seems to think they're DJing too.

That one drives me nuts.

That one drives me nuts.

Yeah... We have a friend like this, We'll be watching something on TV with a group of people. Everyone laughs or whatever... she doesn't like or understand what's going on so she asked for the channel to be changed... She doesn't have any problems staring at my Dick though!

I have the problem of people constantly pestering me about what I'm listening to. I'm considered the "music guy" at the office so I've become the go to guy for new bands etc. I always just show them an indie band that I think they can tolerate.. which then turns into them thinking I'm a HUGE fan of such and such band. But when I rarely show them my first love (experimental electronic music) I'm usually met with either polite chin stroking followed by "hmm, crazy man" or flat out "WTF weeeiiiirdd".

The music at my gyms irks me. Not only is it horrific, but it's so loud I can still hear it through my headphones. On top of that is the endless music videos of gyrating fuck wits, visual noise. It's really very off putting. Kind of makes me miss my old gym which had no screens or music. I remember ages ago when a gym I went to gave members free vhs rental. Lol!

I have the problem of people constantly pestering me about what I'm listening to. I'm considered the "music guy" at the office so I've become the go to guy for new bands etc. I always just show them an indie band that I think they can tolerate.. which then turns into them thinking I'm a HUGE fan of such and such band. But when I rarely show them my first love (experimental electronic music) I'm usually met with either polite chin stroking followed by "hmm, crazy man" or flat out "WTF weeeiiiirdd".

LOLOLOL i feel like youre reading my thoughts (:

Back in the early 00's I lived in Somerset for about 6 months. Found myself a job at a local factory that mainly made frozen cakes for supermarkets. The hours were 7am to 7pm, 4 days on 4 days off, sweet yeah?

Now imagine you're stood at a conveyor belt in a large chilly warehouse. You're wearing white wellies, a long white coat, beardnet and hairnet. You are putting plastic covers on individual slices of cheesecake as they trundle past. Whatever station they have the radio tuned to is playing Clocks by Coldplay approximately every 25minutes. You start to have a Pavlovian response of dread and loathing every time that fucking intro begins echoing around the warehouse. This goes on for 12 hours. Every. Day.

*Wins*

:catcry:

Back in the early 00's I lived in Somerset for about 6 months. Found myself a job at a local factory that mainly made frozen cakes for supermarkets. The hours were 7am to 7pm, 4 days on 4 days off, sweet yeah?

Now imagine you're stood at a conveyor belt in a large chilly warehouse. You're wearing white wellies, a long white coat, beardnet and hairnet. You are putting plastic covers on individual slices of cheesecake as they trundle past. Whatever station they have the radio tuned to is playing Clocks by Coldplay approximately every 25minutes. You start to have a Pavlovian response of dread and loathing every time that fucking intro begins echoing around the warehouse. This goes on for 12 hours. Every. Day.

*Wins*

:catcry:

Oh God. I'm terribly sorry. Nice description though- you brought me into your past dystopian warehouse world. Im playing Coldplay Clocks on YT while re-reading your early 00's life. Imagining that piano line echoing through a dark damp warehouse while the smell of cheesecake mixes with metal and materials and creates a strange atmosphere of sweet surreal sorrow and false industrial hopes. :/

LOLOLOL i feel like youre reading my thoughts (:

Oh geez, I've been there. This is a big reason why I'm on WATMM - to talk to others on my level.

• 1 month later...

I once did an internship in an architecture office and for some reason they needed to have the radio playing at all hours because they found the silence boring and they didn't even care at all what music was playing. So I could sit there for 9 hours listening to the 6 most popular pop songs at the time in an infinite loop for 9 hours. Bruno Mars, David Guetta, Rihanna and all that trash.

Something like that is fucking torture to me, I'm too analytical of a person to let it play in the back and ignore it.

I find silence much more relaxing and an easier environment to work in.

I'm interning in the same office again and the radio is still going strong, I don't think I can handle this much longer. I have like 10 earworms every day one shittier than the next.

This is the absolute fucking worst:

How are people listening to this?! Are they deaf?!

It's playing 3 times an hour.

The funniest thing is that the same songs they played 4 years ago they still play now, it's almost like they're trapped in time doomed to stab progressively more knives in the ears and frontal lobe and they don't even realize it.

:catsuicide:

Someone please release me, this is hell.

Worked a short gig at an apple orchard when I was about 15.

That was the only fucking song they played. Ever. Inside the the little restaurant area they usually had me working and over the loud speakers outside the building. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity to get away from that shit with every chance I got. Pretty sure I developed mild PTSD as a result. There was some old lady who had been working there forever who seemed like a real bitch at the time, but in retrospect she had every right to be miserable. That song probably ruined her life.

A couple of you mentioned Christmas music - my worst experience with this was working part-time for three months as a service deli clerk my first year of college. Literally the entire shift, every shift, I was subject to it, on top of already crappy work. I look back and wonder what the hell I was thinking when I applied for that job in the first place.

I think like with most people, boring, uninspired pop music in your relative's car... or something... that's making tons of cash by being correctly and methodically marketed to him or her.

Can I get in on it plz ms gaga?

Archived