IGNORED

Songs that make you sad

milkface

11 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Good afternoon Mr toaoaoad (I just went slightly cross eyed checking how to spell your name ?)

The Cure is a top pick, however I would choose this quagmire of sadness

The only beacon of light being Primary

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Good afternoon Mr toaoaoad (I just went slightly cross eyed checking how to spell your name ?)

The Cure is a top pick, however I would choose this quagmire of sadness

The only beacon of light being Primary

I've always loved Funeral Party off that album.

13 minutes ago, milkface said:

I've always loved Funeral Party off that album.

Agreed ? That track and Primary are classics. The rest is a bit tricky, though definitely a worthwhile (but definitely sad) listen. 

Actually listening to Funeral Party now because I had to double check which track it was. Tune.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

not kidding about this one. i don't quite understand it myself, but somehow the chorus of this makes me feel like staring into the void itself. not even a warm, nostalgic/intimate kinda sadness, just infinitely vast emptiness:

(and yeah, i think it's beautiful but i positively can not listen to it if i'm not 101% on top of myself)

• Confused 1
  • Big Brain 1

I like a lot of music with a wide spectrum of feeling, perhaps even a tinge of melancholy, but had to dig a bit deeper to find the real heartbroken ones. I thankfully got over my dark periods but there's a respectable power in that kind of music, it speaks to you when you can't connect with other people. 

(^That one is played in cancer wards) 

About ten years ago, a friend of mine commented that a lot of the music I wrote was sad. I don't quite remember why I gravitated towards the minor scales so much but I think it was because it felt more genuine. Youth, ya know... 

https://sharee.bandcamp.com/track/seagull

As I was writing this, my dog came up to me to check that everything is alright! 

Edited by chim
  • Thanks 2

On 4/24/2021 at 5:17 AM, milkface said:

i think i'll always prefer this live version to the recorded one, something about the repetitiveness of it, or the keyboards at the end, or just the nostalgia of having heard an mp3 bootleg of this version well before Kid A came out, idk

• Thanks 2