IGNORED

Dostrotime [2024]

Consul

2 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

https://squarepusher.net/release/165231-squarepusher-nts-mix-22-06-19-?lang=en_US

had to google NTS mix so maybe it’s not even supposed to be available? Found it on SoundCloud later and yes it whips ass but would prefer to pay the artist 

Interesting thank you! I was wondering why I couldn’t find it lol. 

4 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Why is the NTS mix $303 thru his site?

just quoting this so it goes to the new page in case anyone might miss it otherwise.

On 3/4/2024 at 6:50 AM, Lianne said:

Be Up A Hello was the first Squarepusher I enjoyed in a while - in fact it was really, really good - so I was perhaps a bit overhyped. 

For me it's less the thin sounds (it sounds warmer than the bunch before Be Up A Hello) but just the chords and melodies aren't my thing where they do show up in an overt way, nor do I like those classic drum sounds others seem to. I find Enbounce particularly garish and awful and the guitar tracks just aren't my thing.

Same. I liked his last one a lot but so far this one just annoys me. I'll give it more time.

The production sounds really thin to me.

• Like 1

Man this album gives me the same feels as GP, UV... in terms of knowing that in a few years its playlist, little melodies, flow, sound palet etc will be all gorgeously familiar and standout.

. its made me go back to BeUp and appreciate iot more and now im digesting the last 5 years of live sets and my god they're soooooo good

Take this one  - relentless insanity and the end noise outro - distorted guitar after "neverlevers" - is one of the best endings ive heard in ages. Pure emotional comedown

Edited by phudoshin
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

had to google NTS mix so maybe it’s not even supposed to be available? Found it on SoundCloud later and yes it whips ass but would prefer to pay the artist 

I have a .wav file here of the warp30/NTS mix, but can't remember where from,  probably soulseek, so probably recorded from the NTS live streaming (so a.wav but not genuine .wav quality)

Edited by neurone

Definitely the best Squarepusher album since Ultravisitor IMO, glad he's got over those cheesy trance / EDM stylings for the most part.

Still has the weird thing from Be Up A Hello where the two weakest tracks open the album - once they're out the way it's solid though.  Production much improved from Damogen era - maybe a bit grating on the high end on headphones but sounds great on speakers. Liking the No-U-Turn influence, suits his style well.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chronical said:

japanese bonus track here :flower:

Nice! I've always liked his little ambient ditties like Goodnight Jade and Detroit People Mover.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

https://squarepusher.net/release/165231-squarepusher-nts-mix-22-06-19-?lang=en_US

Isn't this the one we got free with Be Up A Hello?

• Like 1

That Mofo Cern hasn't been seen since Saturday. I hope he's okay. If you have his number give him a ring tell him to come back. It was only a bit of simple jest mate. Hmmm.

(Jesus please forgive me)

25 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Cheers! I thought I'd missed something for a moment there! 🤦🏼‍♂️

it was my bad! I missed and/or forgot we got that set with be up lol sorry for any confusion

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Why is the NTS mix $303 thru his site?

Wattem crowd funding please

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

it was my bad! I missed and/or forgot we got that set with be up lol sorry for any confusion

No worries 😊👍

12 hours ago, X4creek said:

Warp gave out the NTS Mix in lossless quality for New Year's Eve (Jan 1st for me) to anyone that bought Be Up A Hello on his site/Bleep

maybe for pre-orders only ? or aviable only for a short period of time ? I bought Be Up from bleep few days after release , and don't have a download option for the NTS mix in my bleep account.  pretty shure my nts mix file comes from a soulseek download.     ... anyway, nevermind.

16 minutes ago, neurone said:

maybe for pre-orders only ? or aviable only for a short period of time ? I bought Be Up from bleep few days after release , and don't have a download option for the NTS mix in my bleep account.  pretty shure my nts mix file comes from a soulseek download.     ... anyway, nevermind.

awh thats a shame : ( yeah i guess it was for pre-orders only

• Like 1

ugh lowkey i wish i listened to any of the 2021-2023 live bootlegs that would appear on the internet because hearing the tracks for the first time there (obviously not comparable to seeing it in person with those mind melting visuals) would have made the Bandcamp LP/first listen even more memorable than it already is! oh well

but at the same time hearing Duneray for the "first time" (even though it was on the BUAH release party and i had just Completely forgotten) was beyond awesome :music:

• Like 1

Damn, it's that "Akkranen" though, isn't it?! Fuckin' hell, I love that Maximum Priest loping in. I just can't get over how genius it was not to chop the breaks into clever bits but to instead edit the "room" each hit occupied. Subtle and shifting delay/reverb/granular details on a straightforward hip-hop beat is just madness. As a teenager, my friends and family always roasted the hell out of my musical choices by simulating a lasergun to mock the 303. In the last half of this track, it really does become weaponry. It sounds like an A-10 or anti-missile defense system. It comes in for a landing but still keeps that menacing rave siren sound to remind you of the dread and aggression. I love the whole album but this track is so far up in the sky that I'd put it in the top 10 best things he's ever done in the nearly 30 years I've listened to him. 

• Like 8