IGNORED

Dostrotime [2024]

Consul

Duneray seems like a spiritual successor to something like I Wish You Could Talk or Planetarium. More of a d'n'b approach to the rhythm, the breaks are more looped than chopped. Probably one of the more easy to digest tracks and even then it's still a total monster.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ignatius said:

there's some ear worms in this one for sure. some of the riffs and stuff stuck with me today when i was out running around doing life admin bullshit. it's crazy how the shredder aspects of the bass playing fit in this record. a few of those 'guitar god' satriani type things pop out in a couple tracks then go away and bunch of rad things happen. really digging this record. 

i think it's a perfect follow up to Be Up a Hello which i also really love. i might have to make a playlist of all the bombastic tracks from both these records. 

I totally agree with you!! Also, I too thought of doing a playlist. 

Looking forward to finishing work, grabbing a half decent bottle of red and listening to this as loud as I can get away with 🍷 :squarepusher_logo:

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Key said:

Duneray seems like a spiritual successor to something like I Wish You Could Talk or Planetarium. More of a d'n'b approach to the rhythm, the breaks are more looped than chopped. Probably one of the more easy to digest tracks and even then it's still a total monster.

Yes! I keep playing it over and over!!

I'll be listening to it on the train down to London this morning. Going to watch Dune Part 2 in IMAX this afternoon!!!

• Like 1

Highlight for me was on the drive i took with my daughters and we hit the drivein and Duneray came on an they were ravin hard in the back. Tuuuuune!

• Like 5
  • Big Brain 1

Why is the first track sounding like that Red Hot Chili Peppers track? 

Same riff as the most spammed tracks in the world: Carlifonication 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cern said:

Why is the first track sounding like that Red Hot Chili Peppers track? 

Same riff as the most spammed tracks in the world: Carlifonication 

damn this is going to ruin it for me like someone else previously ruined the first track on be up a hello by saying it sounded like pachelbel's canon, the most overplayed classical track in the world

• Sad 1

Everybody!!

Listen to this first 10 seconds and right after turn on the first track (Arkteon 1) 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Bubba69 said:

damn this is going to ruin it for me like someone else previously ruined the first track on be up a hello by saying it sounded like pachelbel's canon, the most overplayed classical track in the world

I understand that. I don't really hear the RHCP much to be honest. But wished I never read the comment as I pretty much pressed play on the track at the same time. It also bothered me because the last thing I want to think about is those clowns while listening to Squarepusher.

13 minutes ago, cern said:

Everybody!!

Listen to this first 10 seconds and right after turn on the first track (Arkteon 1) 

No thanks. Clown.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Brain 1

54 minutes ago, cern said:

Fuck u then you white trash 

Have you had a couple of beers? I can tell you have. I guess it's Saturday night. 

Suck Fleas cock

Or suck baby donkeys cock?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Suck Fleas cock

Comedic impact varying by how I interpret this.

Right now I’m picturing this as a very large group of fleas that somehow collectively have one large cock. Chuckling

2 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

I wouldn’t let something so small ruin it!

Album has guitars and some synth work and drum machines in tracks too, you wouldn’t delete your whole music folder wouldja? 🙂 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

Duneray is such a satisfying listen

I’ve been waiting for this track to get an actual release since I first heard it. I don’t recall which live set it was on but someone had it in decent quality and I replayed it so many times lol.

Its almost anxiety inducing how much tension there is building up in that track.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

definitely shouldn't ruin the song for you.  The first 2 notes are similar but it's in a different key, and from there the melody completely changes.  First thing I did when I grabbed the flacs was put Arkteon1 on repeat to warmup my drum session and ended up jamming along for almost 45 min.  What a beautiful song & melody.  

• Like 2

I love how the bassline on Kronmec shifts between bass guitar and acid line. So many sounds on the album are kind of ambiguous where they could be a synth or live instrumentation or some combination of both.

The album kind of reminds me of Selection Sixteen, similar blend of styles and dark, dubby vibe in places (like Akkranen, maybe my favorite so far)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

definitely shouldn't ruin the song for you. 

I listened to it after the comparison was made. Didn't have any effect on my enjoyment don't worry!

• Like 3