IGNORED

Dostrotime [2024]

Consul

10 hours ago, xxx said:

I just can't get over how genius it was not to chop the breaks into clever bits but to instead edit the "room" each hit occupied

I think it he used gated reverb, not sure he chopped the breaks for this one (except the actual breaks lol)

This is his best since Hello Everything, you can quote me on that. I just keep wanting to return to it. Every track has it's charm and imo tom's albums are at their best when he does a little bit of everything. 

Putting out a career highlight this late is something special! What is this, album no. 15?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, thumbass said:

This is his best since Hello Everything, you can quote me on that. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 2

I really like that the drums/percussions are mostly stay centered on the album.  It's all in the middle of the field, in-your-face-bitch type of breaks.    Then everything goes surrounding them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Those last 2 tracks

aab.jpg.ca5fb3598eb4a5f1a0911a3075299e78.jpg

[REDACTED] (it was nothing awful)

Edited by X4creek
need to stop saying stuff when im feeling bad
  • Big Brain 1

16 minutes ago, X4creek said:

[REDACTED] (it was nothing awful)

I mean after being mangled, i get a byebye song and a plonker track 

Might aswel play the record again

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

lol I really wish ‘Enbounce’ wasn’t the second track. Not one of the best things I’ve ever heard from him. Both this and Be Up A Hello seem to put their worst first. But actually Be Up A Hello’s openers are a bit more interesting than these.

Reviews are calling the second one here euphoric and amazing so clearly something wrong in my listening. I do like some of the mysterious opening and ending chords. 

Am finding the album great in some places but quite uneven compared to the last, rhythmic programming and sound not as meaty as that one, nowhere near as good as Go Plastic / Ultravisitor but better than everything after Hello Everything until Be Up. My favourite thing he’s done more recently is that NTS Mix; much more satisfying than this. 

This is just a dumb opinion, if you’re loving it then that’s all be better. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lianne said:

lol I really wish ‘Enbounce’ wasn’t the second track. Not one of the best things I’ve ever heard from him. Both this and Be Up A Hello seem to put their worst first. But actually Be Up A Hello’s openers are a bit more interesting than these.

Reviews are calling the second one here euphoric and amazing so clearly something wrong in my listening. I do like some of the mysterious opening and ending chords. 

Am finding the album great in some places but quite uneven compared to the last, rhythmic programming and sound not as meaty as that one, nowhere near as good as Go Plastic / Ultravisitor but better than everything after Hello Everything until Be Up. My favourite thing he’s done more recently is that NTS Mix; much more satisfying than this. 

This is just a dumb opinion, if you’re loving it then that’s all be better. 

This was too harsh but can’t seem to edit it now. 
It’s a lovely album. 

• Like 1

Lads been trawling through his 2019-2023 bootlegs and he's played most of the dostro bangers loads before AND about 2 albums more worth not-including-the-NTS-tracks.

The guys a beast but we already knew that

I give you this monster:

Tour-wise - As he did oz/europe and japan 2022-23 I bet USA is next - -  he better get there before that orange fucktard re-animates (i can't see THAT happening)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phudoshin said:

Lads been trawling through his 2019-2023 bootlegs and he's played most of the dostro bangers loads before AND about 2 albums more worth not-including-the-NTS-tracks.

The guys a beast but we already knew that

I give you this monster:

Tour-wise - As he did oz/europe and japan 2022-23 I bet USA is next - -  he better get there before that orange fucktard re-animates (i can't see THAT happening)

How many times have you seen him play live Mr phudoshin?

Edited by beerwolf

• Not-sonar-2001 - he mised the gig after aphex  - I asked  aWarp rep about it "he was sick" but then ask Cyllob at a gig in dublin the next week. "he was working on a tune". DYKS came out shortly after!
  • Dublin GP tour at the gig he-was-30-mins-late-and-pissed-everyone-off-gig.. but it was amazing. it was like the vaccum tracks for 40 mins... everyine was monged and coming down.. then BOOM
  • Glade UV tour - unreal... insane ultra-white strobes and fog machine so veyone was basically in a white chamber of mayhem/noise
  • UK - Bangface, the first one - the one with the massive glo-stick battle at the encore
  • Dublin JAS tour - brought some metal friends who rocked hard
  • Warp20 09 - legendary - "those" tracks
  • STRP 09 - back to back with Aphex/Ceephax/Snares
  • Day for Night 17 - DF tour but the sounds was soooo good i forgave him 
  • Primaversa 22 - relentless vic acid set with dostro tracks

Maybe a few others not sure!

My dream is Japan one day but thats a big-ask

Edited by phudoshin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enbounce ramps up nicely, puts in the details where they count. Definitely a highlight. Big energy.
[I think I fall into the camp of ppl who like his "cheesier" opening tracks (Hello Meow, 4001 / Unreal Square, Stor Eiglass, Oberlove / Hitsonu)
I don't care, they work for me, I'm happy to hear them.]

Wedorlan is an acid rollercoaster I will ride again for sure, would love to rave to this.
Duneray is a solid break workout with fun pitched percussion sections and classic dark ambience / bass, works nicely.
Holorform gives me the strongest "vision" on the album, small robots dancing in moonlight.
Stromcor has some tasty bass and meshes with the beats nicely, doesn't get squashed by them.
Kronmec is my favorite of the lower-intensity tunes.

Haven't enjoyed Akkranen and Domelash yet, though I will try again.
I admire the intensity/density of his "harder" edit pieces but if there isn't enough of a flow to follow in there (usually his bass), I get tired of them.

This has made me re-visit BUaH and find a renewed love for parts of it as well.

Edited by Hodorsbn
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hodorsbn said:

[I think I fall into the camp of ppl who like his "cheesier" opening tracks (Hello Meow, 4001 / Unreal Square, Stor Eiglass, Oberlove / Hitsonu)
I don't care, they work for me, I'm happy to hear them.]

same! 4001 & Hello Meow especially like honestly i think they're (nearly) better than the rest of their respective albums

• Like 1

Listening to Wendorlan right now and holy shit this is turning me -as a reviewer on Bandcamp puts it- into partially stopped alcohol 

• Haha 1

love and respect this guy so much and i understand that that style of music is not his thing but why does he consistently mark the most complex and odd sounding tracks as least favorites?

• Like 1