IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Nice, 505 was like the 2nd piece of gear I ever got. Nowaday's it's sorta replaced by 505 samples on the volca sampler, though.

In other news, maybe it's time for me to invest in some kind of mixing console/patchbay type thing.

0OzEhzx.jpg

Looks like a ton of fun to be had with all that and probably would benefit from a mixer, yeah  :music:

Nice, 505 was like the 2nd piece of gear I ever got. Nowaday's it's sorta replaced by 505 samples on the volca sampler, though.

In other news, maybe it's time for me to invest in some kind of mixing console/patchbay type thing.

0OzEhzx.jpg

Good idea loading the 505 samples into the volca. I haven't tried that with mine yet but back when I was using the MPC regularly, old digital drum machine samples were my favorite starting point for drums. 

Nice little setup there :)

My music corner.

Yay team Rytm! I'm sure that blue keyboard is something common enough (Korg?) but I can't tell based on that/my memory... What's the pedal? Bubble Tron? What are you processing with that?

My music corner.

Yay team Rytm! I'm sure that blue keyboard is something common enough (Korg?) but I can't tell based on that/my memory... What's the pedal? Bubble Tron? What are you processing with that?
F*%k yes Rytm! The bubble tron is a little filter/phaser/flanger I use on synth, drums or whatever, it's the only analog effect I need since I'm fairly happy with my other vst effects.

New Vermona KB?

Yes sir, the Vermona 14' I got an insane deal on it second hand. If I record anything with it worth hearing I'll post it. Edited by dudenorth

Guest Chesney

Damn, they are trying to sell them as boutique low run exclusive synths for crazy money last I saw. 

Jealous haha.

Damn, they are trying to sell them as boutique low run exclusive synths for crazy money last I saw. 

Jealous haha.

I think the reason I found mine at such decent price was what I suspected: a lot of people would want the 14' since it's such a beautiful thing but at the end of the day wouldn't be too jazzed about its lack of bells and whistles. It's a classic, fixed architecture monosynth (something I've been hoping a modern company would produce). Moog did it with the new Model D but I couldn't afford that.

Edited by dudenorth

Guest Chesney

They got outshined by the Sub37 when they both announced at the same time, Vermona didn't have enough like you say "bells and whistles" to directly compete at that time so must have shelved it for a year ish.

It is a lovely looking thing.

Guest Chesney

Nice! Did you check if you got the new board? Just pull the Cutoff knob off and see if it's plastic or metal.

Nice! Did you check if you got the new board? Just pull the Cutoff knob off and see if it's plastic or metal.

Metal! 

Was the first thing I checked after I had an initial freakout. The first time I turned it on all of the lights came on and the screen was blank and there was no sound coming out. I was distressed, to put it mildly. But some googling turned up many forum posts about people having the same problem when they update to the latest firmware (I had asked the seller to do this before shipping it). I just re-updated it and it has been copacetic since. 

nice, always wanted an AX73 :)

It's fucking amazing.Really.Can make lush smooth stuff and very aggressive Analogue FM with the INSANE over the top resonance.Curtis CEM 3394 chips also,the ones that were on some of the Sequential Circuits.Underrated monster.My friend that sold it to me also made a custom sheet for himself with all the numbers for tweaking,all the different edit numbers and he gave it to me.Makes it very easy to tweak.

Edited by fxbip

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever that backing against the wall is phling it makes the whole place look way dark and scary. :)

Straightfoward setup though, are you using the laptop for recording or instrumentation as well? What's that on the bottom right next to the Rytm: I thought it was a mixer but you've got a big mixer up there as it is. Oscilloscope has to be great! I've been wanting to use a small old monitor I have as an always-on oscilloscope but I've been lazy in trying to figure out how to get it set up and running.

I think the thing to the right of the rytm is an 0-coast. Also dying to know what's the open box with the serial (?) cable coming from it.

How is the Bass Station II working out for you? That's one of the things that I'm waiting to add to my studio.

BS2 is fun! Only downside is the plastic case feels cheap but it's a solid monosynth. Super fun to sequence from DT, you can send program change per step and the BS2 switches patches instantly.. also has a nice arp which sends notes via midi. It's not mine tho, borrowed it from a friend. Here I'm using it just as a USB midi keyboard.. notes go into laptop, running a small app I'm working on, which sends the notes to DT but cycles between channels 1-8 - Digitakt polysynth :)

The 0-coast is from another friend who came over for a jam.

The 'scope is nice, got it just yesterday, but managed to twist off an essential knob, needs repair...

The open box.. I'll post a video

Every time I open this thread I get a bit jealous, so I'm happy to be getting a new mixer soon which will enable me to have a permanent setup (currently I have no amp on my hi-fi so have a bunch of separates hooked up to a mixer that I have to take apart every time I want to make tunes). In a few weeks I'll hopefully have a nice pic of my small but fun setup.