IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

FWIW, Drowned in Sound says the 20 song tracklist is in fact "confirmed."

It's also worth noting that Drowned in Sound announced Quaristice BEFORE Warp did.

True. I also think it will be a 2-disc album. Untilted had 8 tracks.. now they're coming with 20 tracks.. they've never really made short filler/transition tracks before.. so I guess it'll be 2x10 tracks.

Unless they've changed their methods... can't wait!

They've done short tracks before... Melve and Caliper Remote work in the same way that BoC's shorter tracks do, I wouldn't be suprised if they do something like that.

what would be REALLY interesting, is if instead of long tracks with short tracks following them... is if all the songs were pop song length.

Actually I don't really think that'd be such a great thing cos often 20 songs of about the same length can be a bit much but it might work....

Guest burnibus

Oh yeah Autechre live next year, new material being played on big soundsystem, new album, new shoes.

Its all looking great for 2008

as an ae addict, my wang is fully activated by all this news...but, BUT...im also a bit paranoid. i cant help thinking that after an unusually long wait (3 years) for a new album, then the fact that maybe its a double cd, i'm really hoping it isnt them "bowing out". probably just paranoid, but......

I dunno, I mean Sean does have a wife and kid after all doesn't he? Also, Rob and Sean do live a while apart from each other now don't they? Plus, I am sure the made loads of dough from playing live so much over the past three years. But they are still young yet, and I doubt that they could just give it up completely. I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to slow down. On the other hand. Untilted and the Untilted live sets have taken the music in a completely new direction. Perhaps they are excited with the new direction and might storm us with releases like they did in the 90's?? Who knows.

Guest burnibus

Real musicians never give up. They may not release as ae anymore but they will never stop playing / producing, its in yuor blood, especially as sean is married to another musician who is just as driven and experimental as him. True commitments happen but music remains.

I agree with that. With the talent that Ae have, I doubt they would ever just give up music. But releasing music is a different matter....

Edited by Rook

Guest burnibus
I agree with that. With the talent that Ae have, I doubt they would ever just give up music. But releasing music is a different matter....

True dat. Oh well we will have to make the most whilst they are

Edited by burnibus

Guest earlGREEN

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

http://www.bookrags.com/research/cynics-eoph/

The Cynics believed that happiness was found in "virtuous" action, which was the practical expression of self-realization (arete and "know thyself"). This state was in turn produced by a rational awareness of the distinction between natural and artificial values. External and physical goods such as wealth, reputation, pleasure, conventional duties arising from family, property, or state, and all traditional inhibitions, whether social or religious, were condemned as unnatural tyrannies that fettered a man through desire, indulgence, and the ignorance of a confused and corrupt society—the three causes of human misery. Freedom was secured by "following nature" by means of self-discipline whose end was self-sufficiency (autarkeia); since man was vulnerable and perverted through his emotions and desires, happiness could be guaranteed only by the understanding and strength of mind to want nothing, lack nothing.

smilinghj0.png

No results found for autechre.

Did you mean ACHRE (in dictionary) or Autechre (in encyclopedia)?

Dictionary suggestions:

ACHRE

ATECH

UTECH

OUTCHR

a terre

attacher

autochrome

euchre

à terre

Attach'e

ardeche