IGNORED

Tim Exile - Listening Tree

Guest Idrn

Guest Dirty Protest

This albums fucking brilliant. It sometimes seems a bit cynical in its genre crossing or he might be just be showing most of the rest off for hacks, either way its a very small criticism of an otherwise flawless album.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
This album is amazing. Sounds completely intentional to me.

I love it loads. I think loads of you aren't into music, man.

^^that

[old-tart rant]

this guy might actually be the first to get me into... eehmm ... *whispers* vocals for fuck's sake..

edit: correction, that would have been ceephax ofcourse.. with his lovely (no gay) clownesque performance. anyway, tim's lines are a bit more thought-through, there's some interesting (imo) content there. i've been the type of dude who kept literal content miles away from music, and i think i'm not the only one here..

anyway, to continue my old-tart rant, i got this record in wav( why not flac dudes? wtf!) from bleep, after giving his live show at eindhoven a couple of listens, i was really positively surprised.

/old tart rant

In short, we're almost at the point of me singing along with Tim in my car.

The penultimate track is really good in the Hanzo Steel Cuts vein, and the last track would have been great on Pro Agonist. Other than those and "Family Galazy," I'm kinda having trouble understanding the album.

• 1 year later...
Guest Backson

this is a huge shameless bump, but I do need to express how much I enjoy this album.

I think its fantastic. I love his vocals, which I take it alot of you don't, and his weird sequences are great. Would I be wrong to say its a bit Freddie Mercury-esque? its just so mighty.

I got this earlier this year, so this sort of feels like one of my favourite 2010 albums.

I love his vocals, which I take it alot of you don't

I'd heard a fair bit of Exile before Listening Tree came out and I was expecting the worst, but I think the vocals work really well on this album. A bit of a sideways step for this album (although in hindsight there were massive hints on Nuisance Gabbaret and Pro Agonist), but I really think his voice (and lyrics) have enough to carry the whole thing off. I take it you've heard 'The Finger' EP and the track'McLiberty' which emerged since Listening Tree?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's a great little album and has really grown on me over the last year. I could totally imagine these tracks being used for some really grand musical/opera....

Someone should totally make a musical to it.

where can one find McLiberty? : o

His Myspace page, he uploaded it in one of his blogs a while back. Not on any release that I know of. Shame really, it's a great tune.

The vocals are okay to me. It's the lyrics that kill it for me at times; what the is I Saw The Weak Hand Fall on about? Stuff like Pay Tomorrow is very bad lyrically as well but it's hooky enough to power over this.

Where the lyrics are sort of okay (Listening Tree, Don't Think We're One) you can just hear the engineering is spectacular.

The vocals are okay to me. It's the lyrics that kill it for me at times; what the is I Saw The Weak Hand Fall on about? Stuff like Pay Tomorrow is very bad lyrically as well but it's hooky enough to power over this.

Where the lyrics are sort of okay (Listening Tree, Don't Think We're One) you can just hear the engineering is spectacular.

Pretty much. The lyrics are kind of throw away (like they're there because he wanted there to be vocals, not because he had anything to say) but what he lacks with words he more than makes up for with the production.

Guest Backson

The lyrics are kind of throw away (like they're there because he wanted there to be vocals, not because he had anything to say)

I highly disagree

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived