IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

i just pre-ordered Legend of Grimrock, its an old school dungeon crawler type game and it looks fucking amazing, i get nostalgic vibes having watched some reviews of it.

trailer:

[youtubehd]xmSJ1iFx5zA[/youtubehd]

gameplay:

[youtubehd]jBYsyjTgDwg[/youtubehd]

and totalbiscuit doing a first impressions:

[youtubehd]dzIiXx-8BHc[/youtubehd]

i know this is just oldschool gamesplay with a facelift, but I can't help but want to play it. looks frickin sweet. hopefully it has more cleverly designed dungeon-puzzles then just randomized room complexes

also intrigued to play Fallout seeing that deal on GOG. I've only played Fallout 3, but would like to play the previous games in the series. plus they should run well on my laptop.

apparently there may be a sequel for the original game (Wasteland) through kickstarter http://www.kickstart...ile/wasteland-2

Reminds me of stonekeep!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recently been playing a game called Serato Scratch Live. Every time I go to someone's house they have it and I've given it a few sessions.

Basically, it's a rhythm game where you match up the colors of two 'tracks' and it creates music. The controls are easy, and the interface is very pretty. Great graphics.

My only beef with it is that the game's way too easy. I know this is an old man complaint though, as everything is way easier now than they were in the past. In SSL, though, it's so easy to match up the colors that it loses its fun pretty quickly. I play a game all the time that's very similar but has no waveform HUD, and it's practically a totally different game. Much more challenging and rewarding skill-based gameplay. Unfortunately, that game can't be played on a laptop, so I see why SSL is so popular.

Gameplay 6/10

Way Too Easy

Graphics 8/10

Very Pretty Colors, Nice Easy-To-Use Interface

Sound 3/10

The sound is very 'digital', with a general texture that's very unpleasant on the ears at high volumes, even if people choose the analog controller. Also, even though this game lets you choose your own soundtrack, most of the things I've heard while I've seen other people play have been atrocious.

Overall 5/10

It's fun for a little bit, but overall I see the easiness of this game as a paradigm shift in the genre that will only get worse with future titles.

Recently, the laser/DVD drive on my Xbox failed. Sort of ok, because my time has become less and less dedicated to gaming, and more to other things.

However, because everything else works, I can still play downloadable games I've purchased (or might purchase). Revisited:

Ninja Gaiden: Black

Holy fuck what an awesome game - it is somewhat difficult to believe this was an original XBOX title, as it shits over most every other action/hack and slash out there today.

Should probably get back to Skyrim.

That's a point. I've bought both Skyrim and Dark Souls in the last couple of months and haven't got far with either.

I followed up on my plans and played Bioshock 2 for a bit this weekend. I forgot how hard Bioshock games are at first, and then how exponentially easier they get once you have upgraded weapons, gene tonics, and plasmids up the ying yang.

A few criticisms about the game. First of all you are a big daddy, but your foot steps sound more boomy and erradic then ever. I get freaked out whenever the game decides my big daddy's leg fell off a curb and decides to rumble my entire screen. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss the hacking game from Bioshock 1. This new one makes it so I have to squint and not blink. I also miss the crowbar, the drill is pretty annoyingly jarring and loud to use.

A few good things about this game. The guns in general seem a lot better. I love the fully upgraded rivet gun and the hack tool with the auto-hack and mini turret ammo. I love the improved camera mechanics to switch back to a gun after taking a picture, and its record feature so you can use every plasmid you have. The water sections inside and outside are great. I love that scene where your entire level is being flooded and you are walking backwards against the current.

Overall, the entire game seems like a refined rehash of the old game. Without giving too much away, pretty much every trick that was used on your in the first game will show up in this game. Its more of a glorified expansion pack then a new game.

Guest Jenga

Does anyone know any great puzzle games? I am severely missing Tetrisphere and while I try to scrounge up a way to play and an N64, I am looking for more. Anything really fun, graphically stimulating, mind-numbing stuff? Recent loves I played were World of Goo and Geometry Wars (I know I'm behind). What else?

Does anyone know any great puzzle games? I am severely missing Tetrisphere and while I try to scrounge up a way to play and an N64, I am looking for more. Anything really fun, graphically stimulating, mind-numbing stuff? Recent loves I played were World of Goo and Geometry Wars (I know I'm behind). What else?

What system?

There are a ton of good little puzzle games on the iphone if you have one. Let me know if you do and I'll make some recommendations.

Guest Jenga

Excellent - Iphone, yes. Or xbox or wii.

Side note - did any of yall play Tetrisphere? It is a truly phenomenal experience.

Guest Jenga

Ok - Great! Thanks - I haven't played either of those yet. I loved the first Portal, so I don't know why I haven't picked up the second yet. I hadn't heard of Catherine but a quick search shows it looks pretty unique and really fun as well, might have to go ahead and order that one. Thanks again for the tip. Anyone else?

Guest ansgaria

I just want Max Payne 3 to be released already.

The story and lack of noir atmosphere that dominated the previous titles really threw me off at first, but it got me back on with the videos showing the system and engine. Fucking hell, it looks amazing. I'll most likely scream every time I get bullet time kills. That bullet time kill in Max Payne 2 in the beginning of the hospital. GOD DAMNIT, that was good.

Archived