IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of details dropped on new Legend of Zelda for Wii U, coming in 2014. Sounds almost like an open world game?

http://wiiudaily.com...me-coming-2014/

hasn't just about all Zelda's been open world?

I'd say Skyward Sword had more of a hub system, which was a minor let-down for me.

Just completed Fallout: New Vegas again, including all DLCs. Always get choked up at the end credits for some reason. Very powerful music.

me too, not all of the dlcs though, just the old war blues (which completely ruined the flow for me as i became too powerful after completing it in the midst of the main story). i was kinda bummed that the followers didn't get a good ending, such a good bunch (i went for the yes man ending+asked them to help).

Finally picked up Dead Space 2 and started in on it - up to Chapter Six so far, and loving it - the world is so much larger and detailed then the first game, which is saying a lot. I find aspects of this game a lot scarier than the first as well, especially the use of pitch darkness - very unnerving when the lights go out.

I'm interested to hear you eventually try Hardcore mode in DS2, it's wayyyy harder than Impossible mode in DS1.

I'm playing on Zelot mode right now, and so far, not too bad (Impossible in DS1 was only hard at the beginning because I stupidly started a new game instead of carrying over my equipment in New Game +). I'm finding DS2 more challenging than DS1 because it's much faster - you really have to be on your toes, especially with those velociraptor-like Necromorphs that can almost kill you with one hit with their headbutts...

OK, I'm just gonna play Deus Ex Human Revolution until I have the platinum. I just need 3 more trophies. 2 are easy as pi. but the one i'm having trouble with is "The Foxiest of the Hounds" where you have to beat the game without setting off a single alarm. It's kinda tough, but very do-able.

Joyrex, if you get the platinum for Dead Space 2, you will be amazing in my books. that's a hard plat to get. Hardcore mode only allows you to save 3 times in total in the game for the play through. I don't think I'm ever gonna get the DS2 plat. great game though.

OK, I'm just gonna play Deus Ex Human Revolution until I have the platinum. I just need 3 more trophies. 2 are easy as pi. but the one i'm having trouble with is "The Foxiest of the Hounds" where you have to beat the game without setting off a single alarm. It's kinda tough, but very do-able.

for some masochistic reason, I decided to get the 3 biggest achievements in one playthrough: non-lethal, no alarms, and hardest difficulty. I had to save a lot instead of just playing freely but it wasn't extremely hard. definitely not as hard as finishing DS2 on Hardcore mode.

Joyrex, if you get the platinum for Dead Space 2, you will be amazing in my books. that's a hard plat to get. Hardcore mode only allows you to save 3 times in total in the game for the play through. I don't think I'm ever gonna get the DS2 plat. great game though.

and you can't do it with a previous game, you have to start from scratch.

it's definitely doable though, you just have to be very careful where you save. you need to think ahead for certain critical points where it's likely you might get killed, therefore the more playthroughs you've completed before you try Hardcore, the better your chances.

places where I died:

- the upside down hanging part right after the crashed train ride (those exploding necros... seriously, never underestimate how far you need to be away from them when they're about to pop)

- the surprise attack by that huge monster on spindly legs inside the church of unitology (I had the wrong weapon equipped and kept missing its weakpoint)

- the elevator ride to the old solar arrays when you get surrounded by brutes attacking through the windows (stock up on healthpacks, dodge, dodge, dodge, kill strategically only to make more room to dodge)

- that one clusterfuck room towards the end of the game when the regenerating necro is chasing you, a whole bunch of necros ambush you in there and the way out is locked by a circuit that needs breaking

funnily enough the later chapters were easier than the earlier ones. I opted to do my last save just before Isaac has to fix the broken elevator to take him up to the solar array, I think that was Chapter 8.

Hmm. Noted. I just passed the Solar Elevator sequence - the brutes weren't too hard - just Stasis them, hit their weak points (you have to be super fast to get both arms so they fall off) and make sure you're aware of where the other one breaks through the windows around you (having good surround sound helps immensely with that). I'm at the point where you have to use Howard Lincoln's body to get into his office or control room. Thought that was pretty cool, and I think I already know what to do for the second sequence where you have to use his voice to disarm the traps.

So, only three saves allowed? You can still continue as much as you like, right?

Guest Frankie5fingers

Random prediction: Dishonored is going to be mediocre at best.

i agree. it just looks like one of those games that cool for about an hour but then gets boring pretty quickly due to lack of story, gameplay, and cruddy character dynamic.

I just got the Deus Ex: Human Revolution platinum. it took me 3 play-throughs cuz I kept screwing up the no alarms trophy. It's a good thing this game is so good or I just wouldn't have bothered. Has anyone here played the DE:HR dlc "Missing Link"? is it worth the money?

I just got the Deus Ex: Human Revolution platinum. it took me 3 play-throughs cuz I kept screwing up the no alarms trophy. It's a good thing this game is so good or I just wouldn't have bothered. Has anyone here played the DE:HR dlc "Missing Link"? is it worth the money?

Missing Link is so-so. I played through it once, but on my second playthrough decided to call it quits, and I haven't touched it since.

It's basically a prison break aboard a Belltower vessel, but you don't get as many weapons and Praxis kits as you do in the main game. Honestly I don't think you're missing much if you decide to give it a pass.

I hope not. The Looking Glass pedigree gives me a shred of optimism. But lord if I'm not sick to the back teeth of first-person shooters, even stealthy ones.

I hope not. The Looking Glass pedigree gives me a shred of optimism. But lord if I'm not sick to the back teeth of first-person shooters, even stealthy ones.

I like the art style and all, but it just looks very boring and extremely disjointed. Even the animations look disjointed. Very 2006-ish.

Missing Link is so-so. I played through it once, but on my second playthrough decided to call it quits, and I haven't touched it since.

It's basically a prison break aboard a Belltower vessel, but you don't get as many weapons and Praxis kits as you do in the main game. Honestly I don't think you're missing much if you decide to give it a pass.

Thanks, yeah, I looked up some reviews too. It doesn't look like it's worth $15. If it ever goes on sale I might consider it, but until then I'll pass.

I just passed the Solar Elevator sequence - the brutes weren't too hard - just Stasis them, hit their weak points (you have to be super fast to get both arms so they fall off) and make sure you're aware of where the other one breaks through the windows around you (having good surround sound helps immensely with that).

I can never hope to get the achievement for killing all the brutes in this part, I've tried many times.

So, only three saves allowed? You can still continue as much as you like, right?

ayup.

I got the trophy/achievement on my 6th try - Just stick with the good old Plasma Cutter (I use the refurbished one that transfers over from Dead Space 1 if it detects your DS1 save file).

Traded in CoD and a few others and got Max Payne 3 and Rayman Origins..

I'm probably only like 1/3 of the way into Max Payne 3's story but I'm enjoying it quite a bit, the gunplay is tight and the gritty story is great. Multiplayer is pretty fun as well...

Rayman Origins is the first game of the series I've really tried out but I'm having fun with it. It's pretty tricky at parts (especially trying to get everything in the level) but the cartoony vibe and light-hearted sense of humor makes it fun.

I'm probably only like 1/3 of the way into Max Payne 3's story but I'm enjoying it quite a bit, the gunplay is tight and the gritty story is great. Multiplayer is pretty fun as well...

Do yourself a favor and play with Free Aim. It's waaaaay more fun

Guest Mirezzi

I just picked up a late 2011 Macbook Pro and had no fucking idea it was capable of high end gaming. I put Windows 7 on boot camp, fired up Steam, got Skyrim up and running and it looks and performs fantastic.

Now we'll see if I can get more than 30 minutes into the game.

I just picked up a late 2011 Macbook Pro and had no fucking idea it was capable of high end gaming. I put Windows 7 on boot camp, fired up Steam, got Skyrim up and running and it looks and performs fantastic.

Now we'll see if I can get more than 30 minutes into the game.

I got +30 hours into that game before I decided that enough was enough.

Guest bitroast

Finished LA Noire last night. I take back all previous critisicms I had for this game. Once it starts to click and made sense, the game actually becomes immersive and amazing. And a pretty satisfying end as well.

Started playing Just Cause 2 to give me a rest from Dead Space 2 for a while. I had it in my mind that everything about this game would be boring and almost unplayable. I'm not sure what gave me that idea but whatever it was was wrong. I'm quite enjoying it. A bit of a mix between GTA and Mercenaries. Very enjoyable.

Archived