IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doing a speedrun of Doom 3. why, I have no idea. this is only the second time I've played this thing and the first time in ages that I've played a non-combat-realistic shooter.

I'm also playing Doom 3, I think it is because of Mars mission.

playing guild wars 2. anyone else? no? oh well.

actually, how is it compared to wow ? i just finished my last paper for uni so i don't mind getting into some 2 month MMORPG time wasting stupor.

playing guild wars 2. anyone else? no? oh well.

actually, how is it compared to wow ? i just finished my last paper for uni so i don't mind getting into some 2 month MMORPG time wasting stupor.

Playing it as well and really enjoying myself. I wouldn't say it's wildly different from WoW but it's a different approach to the genre definitely. While WoW is a race to get more powerful, by leveling up, collecting gear, farming currency as fast as possible, GW2 is more about the journey. Running about in the world and trying to stumble upon interesting stuff. Leveling up is more of a side effect. Kind of like a 3rd person Skyrim with other people around.

i got a ps3 the other day.

slamdance606

what games shall i get?

i have .. battlefield 3, driver san fransisco and metal gear solid 4

God of War COllection of GoW 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

those were big deals to me at least, and they should be dirt cheap by now.

Im pretty sure Im at the last stage of the Deus EX game myself, and it has been quite a ride. The fun thing is that 90% of the actual story is ascertained through hacking into email files or overhearing chatter from the guards. Makes you really want to look for the story.

Guest cult fiction

Just finished the latest episode of The Walking Dead. So fucking good. If they pull off a nice ending then it'll be the best game I've played this year - so far.

Just played through episode 1... my only complaint is the loading screens that have the TV show's aesthetic, since really the writing, emotional impact, and energy of the game is hugely superior to the TV show in every way.

Despite having a budget that is probably less than a tenth of your average Quantic Dream project, this game blows away Heavy Rain.

Yeah the Walking Dead Game's are great, they must have really good writers. The situations they create and the reactions of the characters keep it so real they touch you on an emotional level. The circumstances they create are exactly what I'd reckon would go on in a zombie apocalypse.

Oh and sweet jebus I can't believe the REAL HL1 Source is about to be released. The world must be coming to an end or something!

Guest Frankie5fingers

slamdance606

what games shall i get?

Im pretty sure Im at the last stage of the Deus EX game myself, and it has been quite a ride. The fun thing is that 90% of the actual story is ascertained through hacking into email files or overhearing chatter from the guards. Makes you really want to look for the story.

^these are great choices. i'd recommend Yakuza 4 and Yakuza: Dead souls. fucking amazing games.

Snagged the Fallout: New Vegas platinum last night. So I'm happy for now. I think I'm gonna play through Sly 2 next, while I wait for Borderlands 2 to come out.

Guest Frankie5fingers

so i just found this really addicting game called Dash-Da-Dash DX. its very simple but that does not make it easy. its pretty difficult but still so much fun. on top of that the song list that it has is pretty good too but is unfortunately somewhat small. it has Aphex, Squarepusher, and Prodigy, along with others. oh, and its free.

http://renard.teknolust.org/ddd/index.html

slamdance606

what games shall i get?

^these are gre

at choices. i'd recommend Yakuza 4 and Yakuza: Dead souls. fucking amazing games.

i often look over these games for some reason. i bought madden 13 yesterday and i have mlb the show coming tomorrow. i took back driver coz im not the greatest fan of driving games.. but i loved driver on the ps1.

ill go get deus ex in a bit i guess

Trying to get through Sleeping Dogs. But I'm not really enjoying it.

I usually love open world games, even the average ones. But I just can't get into this one.

Just finished the latest episode of The Walking Dead. So fucking good. If they pull off a nice ending then it'll be the best game I've played this year - so far.

Yes.. That and Mass Effect 3 has the been best games I've played this year.

Also completed episode 3 today. It just gets better and better for each episode.

Just played through episode 1... my only complaint is the loading screens that have the TV show's aesthetic, since really the writing, emotional impact, and energy of the game is hugely superior to the TV show in every way.

Despite having a budget that is probably less than a tenth of your average Quantic Dream project, this game blows away Heavy Rain.

Better than heavy rain??? Don't know about that. There are some cool moments but I find certain aspects of this game to really bore me. There are just these scenes where I have to figure out who to help, or who to share food with or what to say. I also don't really like the atmosphere. Although it has some filler, the gritty photorealism of heavy rain is what made the game for me. Walking dead just feels, just not interesting.

The story is not interesting to me or the characters. I will finish the 2nd episode and did enjoy some parts of the first, but overall I just didn't think it was that great. I've tried to spend energy and put time into it but it just isn't grabbing my attention like I expected, and I LOVE adventure games like lucasarts and myst and I loved heavy rain. Maybe if I watched the show I would like it more.

Finally picked up Dead Space 2 and started in on it - up to Chapter Six so far, and loving it - the world is so much larger and detailed then the first game, which is saying a lot. I find aspects of this game a lot scarier than the first as well, especially the use of pitch darkness - very unnerving when the lights go out.

Guest Mirezzi

I just wanted to chime in and tell you all how much I miss Half-Life quality games. They seem to exist less and less with every passing year, as publishers continue to churn out grindfests like CoD where the only satisfaction in the game is to...play it 18 hours a day?

Anyhow, I digress, but not entirely.

The Half-Life Black Mesa overhaul project is finally going to see the light of day.

September 14th!

https://www.youtube.com/user/blackmesasourcemedia

I've been looking all over MOD DB for released Source Mods and they barely satisfied me, I've even started replaying EP1. I find it interesting that Black Mesa is gettin released right atm I feel like playing another Source game.

Here's some I enjoyed if you haven't played them before -

http://www.moddb.com/mods/coastline-to-atmosphere

http://www.moddb.com/mods/research-and-development

http://www.moddb.com/mods/minerva

(and there's the original early build of Dear Esther before it was a standalone game - http://www.moddb.com/mods/dear-esther )

Archived