IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

oh yeah, thank god for epsxe. Seriously made my life brighter, as my pc can't play newer games anyway. How far have you gotten? I think my farthest this time around is lev 3 (i suck)... I'm not a big fan of shooters in general, but Einhander was a huge step up in the genre imo, and you can tell how much R-Type Final (my fave shooter - ((although i haven't played anything newer than that shooter wise)) was influenced by it. The multiple flight angles really blew my mind back in the day.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yeah, thank god for epsxe. Seriously made my life brighter, as my pc can't play newer games anyway. How far have you gotten? I think my farthest this time around is lev 3 (i suck)... I'm not a big fan of shooters in general, but Einhander was a huge step up in the genre imo, and you can tell how much R-Type Final (my fave shooter - ((although i haven't played anything newer than that shooter wise)) was influenced by it. The multiple flight angles really blew my mind back in the day.

I got to the point where I could beat the game on a single life (you really need to, as the later levels are almost impossible if you die and lose your weapon upgrades) back when it was out for the PSX, but as I'm old and getting progressively worse at games in terms of reflexes, I'd probably not do as well. I recall when I was playing it on the PS3 I did pretty good, getting to the level 5 boss if I remember (manta ray robot in a pool of water - epic battle).

Guest bigs

got splinter cell conviction for the pc -- fucking great game! glad they added mark and execute, makes it possible to plan on a larger scale and not fret so much about making your headshots. incredibly cinematic feel to it, though the pc version crashes every hour or so.

still burnout paradise... and de blob

this was developed by a bunch of guys at utrecht university, and is set in a perfect recreation of utrecht!

more importantly, it's fucking amazing on a big screen when you're a bit baked.

DeBlobScreenshot01.jpgDeBlobScreenshot02.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YSJaJrQRYc&fmt=18&annotation_id=annotation_489138&feature=iv

DeBlobScreenshot03.jpgDeBlobScreenshot04.jpg

it's like half and half katamari damacy and super mario sunshine. oh and it's free.

I got to the point where I could beat the game on a single life (you really need to, as the later levels are almost impossible if you die and lose your weapon upgrades) back when it was out for the PSX, but as I'm old and getting progressively worse at games in terms of reflexes, I'd probably not do as well. I recall when I was playing it on the PS3 I did pretty good, getting to the level 5 boss if I remember (manta ray robot in a pool of water - epic battle).

i still have my einhander disc. i used to be okay at it, but i've never beaten it. the last time that i played it, i couldn't get very far at all. maybe i'll start playing it again soon. i went through a period where i was playing it everyday. it's amazing that i never beat it.

Guest mafted

i can't believe all these old games are free now!! Blake Stone, Aliens of Gold, can't be fucked with. i remember playing the demo like 15 years ago ..this is going to be monumental.

Einhander is one of my favorite shmups of all time, you can play an upscaled version (higher res) if you've got a modded (old)xbox running a ps1 emulator. Wish they make more of these games. Hope Söldner-X 2 will be better than the first one.

The PSN version upscales quite nicely too :emotawesomepm9:

YES! Soldner-X was badass, but could have been better - hopefully the sequel answers the issues with the first one. That, and the trophies are damn near impossible to get.

Guest mafted

got splinter cell conviction for the pc.... .... though the pc version crashes every hour or so.

Xbox version isn't that stable either, some minor bugs like instances where I was able to shoot an enemy through a wall and had a crash where during coop the joypad stopped working in-game, though could move through the pauze/option screen. Had to reboot. Seems like they've rushed things.

the no black ops part makes it seem like a different game, imo. has anyone played Double Agent for PS3? i so miss those games from PS2.

Settlers 7. I don't rate this too highly. The most recent Anno and Tropico games are much better.

So it sucks? I haven't played since 3. Anno looks like it could be good, but I'm not sure about Tropico, though admittedly I haven't played since the release of the first (demo). And, Anno doens't *look* like an RTS, is it? It seems like it'd be similar to Caesar III in gameplay (old, I know, but my only reference for games of that sort).

Settlers 7. I don't rate this too highly. The most recent Anno and Tropico games are much better.

So it sucks? I haven't played since 3. Anno looks like it could be good, but I'm not sure about Tropico, though admittedly I haven't played since the release of the first (demo). And, Anno doens't *look* like an RTS, is it? It seems like it'd be similar to Caesar III in gameplay (old, I know, but my only reference for games of that sort).

anno was a bit too repetitive for me once you got down what the main structure of the "blocks" was supposed to be. and the game always destroyed half my city after i progressed to the next level, which kinda started to frustrate the balls off me.

tropico was just a rehash of the old one in 3d. it had almost all of the same buildings and the same edicts. i didn't like it much.

i'm currently playing pharaoh and cleopatra. it's like ten years old probably, but it's amazing. i love it. and the map editor... :wub:

i just decided to start playing mass effect 2 again, after my month or so long break. a couple of weeks ago i got forza motorsport 3, and to install it i had to delete the mass effect game data, and had no idea that included the save games (on ps3 the game data and save games are saved separately), so now, apparently, i have no choice but to start from the beginning again, grr! i was half way through the game damnit.

Guest Dirty Protest

What do people here think of Ghostbusters? Was about to buy it, but the reviews are too varied to get a good idea, mostly people saying its a bad port. I watched GB2 last night and it made me want to feel good.

God of War Collection

Currently I´m trying to finish GOW I on Hard, but the part where you have to protect your family is just :trashbear:

But if I´m able to finish it, there´ll only be the less than 5h and buy all upgrades-trophies left :emotawesomepm9:

What do people here think of Ghostbusters? Was about to buy it, but the reviews are too varied to get a good idea, mostly people saying its a bad port. I watched GB2 last night and it made me want to feel good.

I played the xbox360 version for a few hours. The voice acting is pretty fun and it is nostalgic, but as a game it was really really average. bustin ghosts was more of a chore than a pleasure. Would only rent at most.

apparently the wii version is very different but that's all I know about that

Guest Dirty Protest

Aye. I dl'ed it earlier, its a bit dull, then I got gang raped by chandeliers and turned it off. Shame, I want it to be good. Least I didnt pay for it.

So I beat God of War 3. I must say it was bloody awesome! The boss battles were incredible!

Now I must beat The Challenge of Olympus. Then I'm on to another game.

Guest iamabe

metroid prime II

I never finished this. Got stuck on this boss with huge tentacles that I couldn't lock onto and never bothered trying after that. :(

Love MP1 though!

metroid prime II

I never finished this. Got stuck on this boss with huge tentacles that I couldn't lock onto and never bothered trying after that. :(

Love MP1 though!

BAH! ME 2! MP2 kicked my ass right there. MP1 is one of my fave games of all time though.

Currently playing Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen 2

Guest disparaissant

mount and blade: warband. so far, disappointed i can't woo and wed a noblewoman. even in this progressive day and age, i can't have lesbianism in my fantasy-medieval settings.

Archived