IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got Dead Space from the EA Store for 9.95 + free shipping (there's a 10 dollar off code floating about as well as a free shipping code, normally 20 bucks - still an amazing deal), and good god - how did I pass up this game the first time!

The game is like an interactive movie (but in a good way) - the UI/HUD is the best I've ever seen in a game and is totally integrated into the game/experience, the audio is some of the best I've ever heard in a game, and the story so far is very engaging (played Chapter 1 to completion last night). If anyone who hasn't played this game yet, I strongly recommend you rent/buy it as it is incredible. Videos don't do the game justice without experiencing it first-hand in a dark room with a decent surround sound setup. You really feel like you're on that damn ship. So far not really scary, but very creepy and atmospheric. I'm sure there's scares to come.

It was done really well. I started a game and got to chapter 5 or 6, then I stopped playing it and started a different game (I can't remember which one) But I definitely want to finish it sometime soon. The asteroid shooting part was tough, you'll see.

Love Dead Space.

Been playing a lot of Oblivion recently but Onslaught for BBC2 is about to consume me I can tell.

Monkey Island is out on PSN so...

my brother and i will be playing the new Onslaught co-op mode for Bad Company 2 via XBL this weekend if anyone wants to join in.

whats up with that game mode anyways?

didnt dice say that they were going to make all DLC for BC2 free for people with the VIP code like a month ago?

i looked at this DLC and it said 800 points

did they change their minds or what

Man Im setting myself up to never finish a game.

I'm still playing Modern Warfare 2. My goal is to legitimately get to prestige 10 before the new game comes out. I'm on prestige 7 (I don't have all the time in the world to play consistently if I did..it would have already been done).

I'm still playing Kingdom Hearts 365/2 Days.

Assassin's Creed.

and lastly Deadly Premonition.

You're doing fine - I'm at 7 now too.

I played you in ground wars the other day. I told you i would kick your ass and then you ended up kicking mine. You killed me like 5 times in a row on terminal.

my brother and i will be playing the new Onslaught co-op mode for Bad Company 2 via XBL this weekend if anyone wants to join in.

didnt dice say that they were going to make all DLC for BC2 free for people with the VIP code like a month ago?

yeah, it's already on the disc, you're just paying $10 for a key to unlock it, kinda ghey but at least it's co-op. looking forward to the Vietnam expansion greatly.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

god damn there is such a crazy sale on steam right now, cant decide which few games too get, I'm kinda really broke but fuck some of the games are so cheap I gotta take advantage of this shit

yeah, it's already on the disc, you're just paying $10 for a key to unlock it, kinda ghey but at least it's co-op. looking forward to the Vietnam expansion greatly.

damn, thats a bummer. they exclusively came out and said that they would NOT charge for any of their DLC for BC2.

I got Dead Space from the EA Store for 9.95 + free shipping (there's a 10 dollar off code floating about as well as a free shipping code, normally 20 bucks - still an amazing deal), and good god - how did I pass up this game the first time!

The game is like an interactive movie (but in a good way) - the UI/HUD is the best I've ever seen in a game and is totally integrated into the game/experience, the audio is some of the best I've ever heard in a game, and the story so far is very engaging (played Chapter 1 to completion last night). If anyone who hasn't played this game yet, I strongly recommend you rent/buy it as it is incredible. Videos don't do the game justice without experiencing it first-hand in a dark room with a decent surround sound setup. You really feel like you're on that damn ship. So far not really scary, but very creepy and atmospheric. I'm sure there's scares to come.

just bought this game too, I'm on chapter 6 or 7 i think. Pretty cool game, some fun weapons and upgrading reminds me a lot of bioshock in that way. really well designed game, the zero G stuff is cool.

Red Dead Redemption.. Can't remember last time i've so addicted to a video game.

It is pretty damn good. They just released a patch that gives you less XP for online play. I knew I should have played it more earlier on. Oh well.

yeah its bullshit.. im not going to get onslaught mode. ill just wait and get the vietnam add-on

Guest Sir Winston

Wish I could get into BC2 but still playing MW2 i just can't stop playing. Raymond is my xbox360 tag if you want to hear drunken abuse at its best.

steam is trying to empty my wallet right now but fortunately i'm out of HD space. oh well. alternating between the orange box, left4dead.. and re-attempting ff12 for the second time.

(i wish there were more fps like zeno clash, with multiplayer. guns are so fucking boring.)

Just got Sin and Punishment for Wii, fucking hell what a great shooter, definitely worth the wait. Treasure make their magic once again and the story is just as bad as usual for Japanese games, loving it.

It was done really well. I started a game and got to chapter 5 or 6, then I stopped playing it and started a different game (I can't remember which one) But I definitely want to finish it sometime soon. The asteroid shooting part was tough, you'll see.

Yeah, I'm stuck there right now - played that part over and over for about 30 mins and gave up - I'll try and tackle it again tonight.

Man Im setting myself up to never finish a game.

I'm still playing Modern Warfare 2. My goal is to legitimately get to prestige 10 before the new game comes out. I'm on prestige 7 (I don't have all the time in the world to play consistently if I did..it would have already been done).

I'm still playing Kingdom Hearts 365/2 Days.

Assassin's Creed.

and lastly Deadly Premonition.

You're doing fine - I'm at 7 now too.

I played you in ground wars the other day. I told you i would kick your ass and then you ended up kicking mine. You killed me like 5 times in a row on terminal.

told ya. :spiteful:

Just got Sin and Punishment for Wii, fucking hell what a great shooter, definitely worth the wait. Treasure make their magic once again and the story is just as bad as usual for Japanese games, loving it.

I wish Treasure would make a game in HD like this - watching the video for this makes me pine for this style of 'character shooter' game on the PS3...

Ok, so, thanks again for WATMM for coming through - picked up Silent Hill: Homecoming this weekend with the remaining Gamestop credit I had. The online reviews were really "meh" but it seems like a lot of folks on here really liked it.

Only a half hour in and I've already almost crapped my pants a couple of times. It's a great update to the series - better combat (which I know reviews criticized it for - fuck that, it's still been challenging and I'm fine with things being a bit more action oriented) - same great atmosphere. No load times between doors. Reminds me why I always liked Silent Hill - you get to a point where, even if you know some shit is coming up around the corner, you still have this moment of "oh shit . . . I'm having a hard time getting the balls up to move past that blind corner."

Don't know why it got so much hate when it came out - seems like exactly what you'd want out of an update - minor tweaks here and there to streamline things, great looking, still creepy as all fuck. Turn out the lights, turn the sound up, crap your pants. It's just like having really awesome sex.

Ok, so, thanks again for WATMM for coming through - picked up Silent Hill: Homecoming this weekend with the remaining Gamestop credit I had. The online reviews were really "meh" but it seems like a lot of folks on here really liked it.

Only a half hour in and I've already almost crapped my pants a couple of times. It's a great update to the series - better combat (which I know reviews criticized it for - fuck that, it's still been challenging and I'm fine with things being a bit more action oriented) - same great atmosphere. No load times between doors. Reminds me why I always liked Silent Hill - you get to a point where, even if you know some shit is coming up around the corner, you still have this moment of "oh shit . . . I'm having a hard time getting the balls up to move past that blind corner."

Don't know why it got so much hate when it came out - seems like exactly what you'd want out of an update - minor tweaks here and there to streamline things, great looking, still creepy as all fuck. Turn out the lights, turn the sound up, crap your pants. It's just like having really awesome sex.

Wow, I avoided it due to the reviews, but you just made me want to try it again, especially after the good scares I'm getting from Dead Space...

I avoided Silent Hill: Homecoming merely because of the fact that they decided to scrap the Japanese game design, that was loved and praised by all, and went for the horrible design that can be seen in the Hollywood clusterfuck of a movie where all the Silent Hill nurses are wearing push up bras and breakdance their way through the corridors.

Btw. the trailer for the new Silent Hill game seems to have gone under everyone's noses.

:facepalm:

I re-ran thru Borderlands with some buddies and doing some Knoxx stuff. I'm at level 51.

Spent this weekend going thru FF9 hard. I think this is my fav of the old school ones for merely giving you the ability to play it with an analog stick.

I was going on Modnation Racers epically hard before the whole Borderlands rumpus started.

Wow, I avoided it due to the reviews, but you just made me want to try it again, especially after the good scares I'm getting from Dead Space...

Yeah, the reviews were rather crap, but (and again, I'm only a bit of the way in) I don't have any issues with the changeover. Yes, it's definitely more action-y, and from what I hear once you get a gun the combat is less challenging, but I still keep getting that "balls pulling up into my inguinal canal" feeling that I always loved with Silent Hill. They streamlined some things, so taking health drinks (i love that they're still "health drinks"), changing weapons, accessing map etc. is way quicker - mostly things I hated about the originals. the combat is somewhere in between Resident Evil and old school Silent Hill - and, again, that's fine with me - I'm not a huge purist so I'm not offended by things being a little more "western."

Can't say if it'll be as awesome as Dead Space - which, yeah, is like a new standard for horror games. That one flew under my radar for a while too but, damn, it's a friggin' AWESOME game ain't it? Check out the anime - (it's on the netflix instant queue) - pretty darn good for a video game turned anime backstory thing.

edit: @ Squee - AWESOME!!!! I saw they were making a new one but the trailer I caught was a "teaser." Thanks for posting!

I avoided Silent Hill: Homecoming merely because of the fact that they decided to scrap the Japanese game design, that was loved and praised by all, and went for the horrible design that can be seen in the Hollywood clusterfuck of a movie where all the Silent Hill nurses are wearing push up bras and breakdance their way through the corridors.

Btw. the trailer for the new Silent Hill game seems to have gone under everyone's noses.

:facepalm:

I hope you were facepalming the fact nobody noticed it, as that looked pretty good...

Archived