IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inglorius basterds...

i loved the opening scene, up to the base ball scene, when it lost momentum completely.

i hated brad (how he gets props for his acting prowess i don't know!) and the young german actor/hero (but i guess he was intentionally annoying) and almost every other major character...

the hunter saved the film as much as one guy can... when he entered a scene things got good.

tarrantino's trademark lengthy-bullshit-dialogue in 3 different languages made for some funny moments and had me chuckling often. and i loved the juxtaposition of the 'modern' score with the war era setting.

ever so slight spoilers here...

the regurged reservoir dogs shoot-out scene in the bar was predictable... and the ending with the stupid deal/double-cross was farcical.

it reminded me of the 'commando' comics i used to read as a youngster so i couldn't help but appreciate it for what it was - an inglorious romp!

were these comics available in america?

Commando0016.jpg

commando0093.jpg

Commando0015.jpg

Guest Al Hounos

speaking of billy bob,

The Man Who Wasn't There - A perfect title if there ever was one; a story about how easy it is to let others live your life for you. 8/10

also,

The Big Sleep - Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. 10/10

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

1000871.jpg

Made me laugh anyway...

awesome movie, totally!

agreed. great xmas movie.

fuck me santa fuck me santa

Beverly Hills Ninja 7/10

fat people are funny. dude watch out for that table.

snacks:left over swedish fish and homemade cookies.

The Man Who Wasn't There - A perfect title if there ever was one; a story about how easy it is to let others live your life for you. 8/10

One of my favorite Coen films... very underrated and needs to be talked about more.

Guest beatfanatic

Star Trek - 6 lens flares/10 lens flares

seriously though, wtf was up with all those lens flares?? annoyed the shit out of me.

public enemies was pretty fucking bad, every movie i've seen russel crowe in for the past 10 years has been practically unwatchable. 3:10 yuma being the only exception. and that wasn't what i'd call a great movie, it was watchable though

Archived