IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Finally got around to watching 'Sympathy For Lady Vengeance'. Lots of nice and imaginative camerawork going on here. Though I found the story to be a tad disjointed and drawn out, some characters started off nicely and ended up goin nowhere, maybe this was the intention though it just seemed confusing to me. Plus I didn't find myself feeling much sympathy for Geum-Ja at any point, it all seemed a little feminist orientated for me tbh. Gotta rewatch Oldboy though I recall enjoying it much more than this.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got around to watching 'Sympathy For Lady Vengeance'. Lots of nice and imaginative camerawork going on here. Though I found the story to be a tad disjointed and drawn out, some characters started off nicely and ended up goin nowhere, maybe this was the intention though it just seemed confusing to me. Plus I didn't find myself feeling much sympathy for Geum-Ja at any point, it all seemed a little feminist orientated for me tbh. Gotta rewatch Oldboy though I recall enjoying it much more than this.

oh man oh man glad you finally saw this movie.

i dunno how you didn't come out with sympathy for Geum-Ja.

this movie is probably one of the best ive seen in the decade....everything just worked. it was like a culmination of Park's other revenges come together to make something quirky, with action, drama

if the scene between her and Choi (can't remember his name in the movie), the schoolteacher, if that didn't make you go "ahhhh" and a bright light appeared in your subconscious, i dunno if I can help you....awesome, awesome scene.

and the ending scene with the opera music....so poignant, and it never seemed overblown.

sorry if I go on and on about this movie, but i really think it should be of "all time great" status.

i'm probably of the minority opinion here but i thought antichrist would have been a better and more solid film if it weren't for the Necromantik style gore in it. it was a very effective movie merely for it's atmosphere and buildup.

my partner would probably agree with you because he became light-headed at the cock chop scene and we had to stop watching the movie.

we never finished it, lol.

GI Joe - :facepalm:

Black Dynamite - :lol:

The Orphan - :pedobear: ........ :blink:

The Orphan was bad-ass, Lol :emotawesomepm9:

I saw the orphan on an in-flight movie and liked it, but it would have been even better and more provocative if they hadn't have chickened out of the evil manipulative sexually abused pedo angle.

Guest Z_B_Z

ive decided to make my way through the show 'six feet under' which, i oddly havent seen. its good. about as good as my current favorite, 'breaking bad', but it doesnt appraoch the holy trinity of sopranos/deadwood/the wire...

other than that - shutter island - 7/10 - incredibly well made from a technical standpoint but predictable. did anyone else catch the snippet from enos 'ambient 4 - on land'?

Guest ataraxy2

Just watched the first four episodes or so from Breaking Bad, I love it

*laughs* It becomes a bit of a trainwreck toward the end of S2, the finale of S2 is infuriating.

I recently saw Che: Pt 1.

Wasn't paying an incredible amount of attention and didn't know anything about the Cuban revolution to begin with. I wasn't bored. ?/10.

Guest ataraxy2

What was so infuriating about it?

Heavyhanded, contrived, unrealistic, and last and definitely least... wasted many opening scenes throughout prior episodes in the season. It's just shoddy symbolism.

Guest Z_B_Z

What was so infuriating about it?

Heavyhanded, contrived, unrealistic, and last and definitely least... wasted many opening scenes throughout prior episodes in the season. It's just shoddy symbolism.

i actually kind of agree with you and i feel that six feet under has some of the same issues... but im willing to forgive the downfalls of the show (both shows, actually) partly because theres nothing better on these days and partly because i know it could be so much worse (jesus christ, have you seen 'the shield'?!)

Up in the Air - WANK.gif/10 - it had some moments but above all just pure wank. Clooney played the part well; well I guess it was Clooney playing Clooney, but still... at least the film wasn't up it's own ass as much as the other shit that was up for contention this year.

i'm watching Mad Men (the series) and i'm totally loving it!!!

ive decided to make my way through the show 'six feet under' which, i oddly havent seen. its good. about as good as my current favorite, 'breaking bad', but it doesnt appraoch the holy trinity of sopranos/deadwood/the wire...

Mad Men. seriously. for me, i also hold sopranos/deadwood/the wire as "the holy trinity" and Mad Men, so far, looks like it might join them.

i'm at ep9 of s1 though, could get worse.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i'm watching Mad Men (the series) and i'm totally loving it!!!

Mad Men. seriously. for me, i also hold sopranos/deadwood/the wire as "the holy trinity" and Mad Men, so far, looks like it might join them.

i'm at ep9 of s1 though, could get worse.

does. enjoy season 1.

still trawling through dexter season 3. and i say again fuck jimmy smits. if dexter hasn't killed him by the end of the season then fuck this shit

john lithgoe in season 4? hhmm

john lithgoe in season 4? hhmm

he is very good and thought that s4 was better than s3.

Season 3 was just as awful as season 2 whereas the series sort of redeemed itself with John Lithgoe

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

oh damn :( that's really bad news.

where exactly are you in dexter s03?

just finished disc 2

dexter and miquel just sprung from jail and killed the racist guy. dexter has a friend.

skinner spoiler

oh and quinn MUST be the skinner. new character just turns up must be the killer. or miquel. or sil.

don't open this if you don't wa=ant to ruin dexter s3

quinn is dexters other brother.

*flashback to blood filled container*

*another kid appears*

*he's a bit irish*

i figured out who the skinner is really early on

skinnerpointing.gif

just finished disc 2

dexter and miquel just sprung from jail and killed the racist guy. dexter has a friend.

skinner spoiler

oh and quinn MUST be the skinner. new character just turns up must be the killer. or miquel. or sil.

*another kid appears*

*he's a bit irish*

skinnerpointing.gif

haha looks like you're enjoying it allright :)

just finished disc 2

skinner spoiler

*another kid appears*

*he's a bit irish*

skinnerpointing.gif

Hahah, i gave up on dexter around the third episode of season 3. that

other brother

thing sounds so crap.

hopefully season 4 is better?

Archived