IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh now.... 1/10? really? GODDAMN SON, imma start callin u tht tne for this one. I'd give it a 7 myself. 8 in the theater.

lol, yeah, it didn't do much for me.

i've been watching part 1-4 of this and it's been a lot more scary. even with the guy commenting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjUd6_XTkOI&feature=related

i know im kinda spoiling the game, but it's the kinda game i rather sit and watch someone else play than play myself (since it's fucking scary).

Saw Oldboy. WTF MAN WTF! I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO DIE. The guy was such a dumbass and this movie was disgusting.

When you're older than 20 you'll start to understand movies like Oldboy.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Get Lamp - Interviews with some of the people behind classic text adventure games as well as some super nerdy fans. The documentary was made by Jason Scott, who also made the excellent BBS: The Documentary and owns textfiles.com. I think it relies on you knowing about the games a bit more than his previous docu relies on you knowing about BBSs, so a few things I didn't really follow, only being familiar with the concept, not the games or people. Still, pretty good and worth a look if you've got an interest in games and computer history. Shouldn't be too hard to find streaming versions.

My top five of the year so far...

Greenberg

Tetro

The Extra Man

Inception

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

And Broken Embraces comes in at 6...

Guest Fishtank

A Nightmare on Elm St 1/10

the make up was good

Paranormal Activity 2 5/10

much of the same with more jump scares, the ending was very lame and unsatisfying

some guy behind me about shit his pants when they showed her getting dragged down the stairs, I thought it was silly looking

Dolan's Cadillac 6/10

One of King's better stories

Splinter 7/10

very well done 'mass of flesh' monster flick, surprised me

Saw Oldboy. WTF MAN WTF! I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO DIE. The guy was such a dumbass and this movie was disgusting.

Very kindly put, but not true. If you can't understand the epicness of Oldboy, then you need a lobotomy.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

who the fuck is jackson polack 6/10

after viewing i read that the forensic guy was a fraud and basically planted fingerprints. so the film lost points for not investigating the guy a little. other than that i enjoyed alot.

Very kindly put, but not true. If you can't understand the epicness of Oldboy, then you need a lobotomy.

i don't think it was all that special. and i already had a lobotomy.

i don't think it was all that special. and i already had a lobotomy.

It wasn't the best film of all time but could you call it bad? Or even average?

the Hurt Locker - 4/10 - from all the hype this movie got, i expected this movie to be at least a mildly entertaining action thriller. surprised that it didn't even meet those expectations. If someone tried to make a vietnam war movie about a special ops guy who all he did was disarm vietcong booby traps it would be a very boring pointless movie. I guess since in Iraq the insurgents use bombs it makes an exciting boom? The tension in this movie for me is almost non existent. The only scene that i thought was well done was the opening footage with Guy Pierce. I was actually disappointed he died so fast, im not really impressed by Jeremy Renner's acting ability. He seems extremely nondescript and very cliche 'hardened' for the entire movie. District 9, Avatar and A Serious Man all deserved the Best Picture award far more than this cookie cutter film.

edit: i also realized that for the entire time i never felt the main character was in any danger, i assumed he would live till the end of the movie and he did. I can't say there are really any 'good' iraq war movies out yet, they all seem to fall very short.

Guest ruiagnelo

i have finally seen inception.

i felt the same exact sensation as when watching the shining.

the film is its own architect, generates it's own maze and gets lost inside it.

i got lost as well, but in the end i think what is being delivered is that reality is relative and somehow i was expecting that we wouldn't get to know if the spinning would actually stop or continue endlessly, but it did surprised me that he stopped focusing on it the moment he saw his children.

also the different kid's shoes in the end reinforce the idea that cobb has really reached reality, the actual one.

these last few seconds, this simple sequence makes me question the whole thing and make me want to watch it again, because the answer might be in the details... or simply inside each one of us.

i am completely impressed by this movie, my expectations got surpassed.

dreams are a wonderful theme, greatly explored here. the movie goes in a pace that makes it pretty much impossible not to have your eyes stuck in the screen until the very end, where the spinning creates a painful tension (at least it was for me).

everything is perfectly crafted, actors were great, special effects are tops.

Nolan must have a mind as deep and complex as inception.

i got lost as well, but in the end i think what is being delivered is that reality is relative and somehow i was expecting that we wouldn't get to know if the spinning would actually stop or continue endlessly, but it did surprised me that he stopped focusing on it the moment he saw his children.

also the different kid's shoes in the end reinforce the idea that cobb has really reached reality, the actual one.

these last few seconds, this simple sequence makes me question the whole thing and make me want to watch it again, because the answer might be in the details... or simply inside each one of us.

dreams are a wonderful theme, greatly explored here. the movie goes in a pace that makes it pretty much impossible not to have your eyes stuck in the screen until the very end, where the spinning creates a painful tension (at least it was for me).

MV5BMTI1Mjk0MDUyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTE5NTM5._V1._SX329_SY475_.jpg

MV5BMTg3NTcxNzY5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk5NTQzMQ@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

MV5BMjExMzA0MTUxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDk3MjMyMQ@@._V1._SY314_CR2,0,214,314_.jpg

MV5BMTg4NTQyMzEyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzI3NDc5._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

I saw Inception as well, not a bad movie but I could get without the Matrix crap and the Nolan "charades" are getting stale, it's like I'm seeing the same movie over and over again and don't get me started on ambiguous endings, even if the ending wasn't that confusing but he still had to do it to make the viewers feel "smart".

mulholland-drive+apa.jpgvanilla_sky.jpgwakinglifedvdcover.jpg

science-of-sleep-poster-1.jpg

I saw Inception as well, not a bad movie but I could get without the Matrix crap and the Nolan "charades" are getting stale, it's like I'm seeing the same movie over and over again and don't get me started on ambiguous endings, even if the ending wasn't that confusing but he still had to do it to make the viewers feel "smart".

Quite perfectly right.

Louis Theroux: A Place For Paedophiles. 8/10 as always Louis Provides extremely good entertainment and relatively good insight. However he seemed slightly upgiving from the very start and lacked some of the enthusiasm from previous shows.

I'm also halfway through Breaking Bad. Had gone back and started watching X Files from the beginning on account of lack of good new series'. But this is great so far, can't wait to see what happens.

Religulous: 8/10 Very, very entertaining. It might be a bit blunt and hardly goes into depth with it's material matter. But it doesn't really need to and the whole works for this film.

Archived