IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched the first 7 or 8 episodes of Twin Peaks this last week.

9/10 so far. Awesome, and keeps getting better.

I'm going to say to you like I say to everyone else I know who has just started watching Twin Peaks: Don't loose your hope when you're about halfway through season 2 because it really goes down hill from there but the last episode is so fucking sweet that you'll instantly forget how lame most of season 2 really was.

Guest Adjective

I also recently rewatched Twin Peaks. Second season will surely disappoint anyone, but there's still some good moments here and there.

I recommend looking for the pilot! it's not always included with whatever collection, which is a shame because it's one of the best episodes. and don't forget to close with Fire Walk With Me, it's so much more intense than the show, in a good way.

season one 8+/10

season two 5-7/10

film 9/10

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the other guys 7/10

much much better than i expected. didnt hear much about this when it came out. good action and very funny too. will ferrel plays the straight man to marky mark. and it actually worked. well maybe not the straight man but marky definitely gets all the jokes. maybe it was the expectation, maybe it was the beer, maybe it was the takeout pizza but i thought this was good.

Guest Mirezzi

the other guys 7/10

much much better than i expected. didnt hear much about this when it came out. good action and very funny too. will ferrel plays the straight man to marky mark. and it actually worked. well maybe not the straight man but marky definitely gets all the jokes. maybe it was the expectation, maybe it was the beer, maybe it was the takeout pizza but i thought this was good.

I thought it was great, very surprised by it.

Guest Mirezzi

everything adam mckay did so far is pretty great, much better than the judd apatow stuff

I thought Step Brothers was 1% watchable, 99% hideous. I get that John C. Reilly is one of McKay and Ferrell's friends, but the dude is about as funny as a child with terminal cancer. Walk Hard? Just....no.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i liked walk hard ALOT

john c reilly is great!

tim meadows is in it too!

did anyone see that vampire film he was in recently? (john c reilly i mean) that looked real bad

everything adam mckay did so far is pretty great, much better than the judd apatow stuff

I thought Step Brothers was 1% watchable, 99% hideous. I get that John C. Reilly is one of McKay and Ferrell's friends, but the dude is about as funny as a child with terminal cancer. Walk Hard? Just....no.

his character on tim and eric is pretty hilarious.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Grabbed some Judd Apatow produced things after finishing Freaks and Geeks.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Dracula bit was the only enjoyable part.

Funny People - People ok, funny terrible.

Talladega Nights - 38 minutes and that's enough for me.

Pineapple Express - Alright but pretty weak in terms of comedy, I don't even understand how they get away with jokes so dull in these films.

Pineapple Express - Alright but pretty weak in terms of comedy, I don't even understand how they get away with jokes so dull in these films.

It didn't think it was all that when I first watched it but now I absolutely love it.

Grabbed some Judd Apatow produced things after finishing Freaks and Geeks.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Dracula bit was the only enjoyable part.

Funny People - People ok, funny terrible.

Talladega Nights - 38 minutes and that's enough for me.

only one of those was actually written/directed by Judd Apatow, the rest are just under his production company.

I thought Pineapple and Forgetting sarah marshall were probably the best comedies of that year,

'Get Him To The Greek' has me in fits on the ground....a lot of these films don't sink in the first time with me, but upon second and third viewings the comedy explodes in my mind!

i actually feel like a generic dad or something for liking Sarah Marshall so much but i have to admit i fucking loved it. I think it's superior to really anything Apatow has written or directed.

Get him to the greek was a good spinoff but not quite as satisfying. I expected to find russel brand to be the centerpiece of the humor in Greek but clearly Jonah Hill stole the show. That guy is capable of some pretty funny shit, his role in Cyrus was great.

It shows Mila's awkward tits....but she is so pretty, and Jason Siegel's dick, brutal honesty, along with plenty of absurdity are good qualities in any comedy, imo

Na srebrnym globie (On the Silver Globe)

Incredibly dark and intense. I often got lost during all the weird ramblings (maybe that was the point) but was captivated by that newly created society and how their ideas and beliefs developed. Very unique, too bad they didn't finish it. 4/5

the Green Hornet - 4/10

for a long time i figured nothing could 'top' Michael Gondry's worst movie Human Nature, but i was clearly proven wrong last week while watching this barely 3d movie called the Green Hornet. First of all Ebert is 100% right, STOP doing 3d movie 'conversions' on movies filmed with a dark lighting style to them. It just doesnt fucking work it looks weak, "shit dont sound right" - dr. dooom.

Gondry busted out about 4-5 really clever uses of 3d in the film, but those interesting/creative experiments could not save this abysmal film.

positives: the guy who played jew hunter in inglorious basterds was very funny, an insecure psychopath murderer, it was paced well it didn't feel too slow in any part of the movie. lots of nonchalant murders take place, the Green hornet doesnt put any hand cuffs on people he just ambiently beats people to death, but its not focused on enough in the movie to make it dark or interesting in any way. And luckily they didn't try to jam in some sort of forced-ass Watchman movie style 'are they good guys or bad guys' ruiner moments.

negatives: the score sucked, michel gondry's worst film. The chemistry between the two main characters felt forced, Jack Black and Mos Def were 100x more captivating to watch on screen together.

the wire - 5/5 - if my scale was 100 it'd be 100/100, or if it was 1000 it'd be 1000/1000. brilliant, moving, perfect series. i started the series about 2 years ago, so i took my sweet time. i greedily plowed through season 5 in about a week though. i just finished tonight. i'm in some sort of ambiguous emotional state still.

sooooo goooooooooooood.

i watched one of the special features things called "the odyssey" after and it blew my mind how tons of the actors originally read for different roles than they ended up in, but they all turned out so perfectly. can you imagine cedrick's actor as bubbles? wtf!! and the plan was for omar to be 7 episodes, heh! but he was an amazing character and they weaved him into much more than 7 perfectly.

so much love.

Archived