IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i think this is christian bale's worst performance and i'm normally a huge fan of his work. terrible accent, hammy acting.

you sir clearly haven't seen newsies

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watched unknown white male from 2005 last night. very odd documentary about a guy who had total amnesia. didnt consider it a hoax-doc until looking at the imdb-mb on which everyone calls this out as a fake but with no real proof or even good arguments for. yes some of it was a little convenient but the thing that makes it seem real to me is the fact that why would someone fake this? wouldn't they fake something better? it was a good doc but now i'm confused. score pending

i think this is christian bale's worst performance and i'm normally a huge fan of his work. terrible accent, hammy acting.

you're right and i gather i should keep it that way.

actually no you should see it as its brilliant. bales accent is way off and he sings and dances too.

actually no you should see it as its brilliant. bales accent is way off and he sings and dances too.

see now i think you're just messing with me. i'll watch it and say "wtf that was crap!" and you'll have a smug chuckle to yourself and put me on ignore.

see now i think you're just messing with me. i'll watch it and say "wtf that was crap!" and you'll have a smug chuckle to yourself and put me on ignore.

i suppose it depends on whether you like musicals starring kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4L_VcpADg

Just watched the Town. Was pretty good, though a bit thin and cliche. Affleck's acting was all over the place, surprisingly good in spots and predictably lacking in others. Renner was good in every scene he was in. Thought the FBI guy from Mad Men actually wasn't very good. My interest in the characters and scenarios never rose above a simmer. Action was top notch though! Overall hoped it'd be better. One of those very competent films that doesn't leave much of an impression. Still, lots of smart choices with the direction. 7.5/10

Great review, I totally agree!

In Like Flint - 7/10

Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine - 4/10

Death Race 2 - 5/10

Animal Kingdom - 8/10

Apocalypse Now - the best war movie I've ever seen/10

i saw the social network again and creamed my jeans

actually it kinda dragged in some of the boardroom scenes as i knew what was going to happen but it wasnt happening fast enough

everyone else creamed their jeans though

inception - 4/5 - i was leaning 3 until the crumbling city part. just the visuals there made it a 4. so cool.

was very good (i give it a 4!) but i still think overhyped. it was just a fun and interesting action movie. it wasn't as smart as i had been led to believe, and there were healthy amounts of cheesy hollywood bullshit and inconsistencies.

i liked the ending until the spinning top and cut happened. that was really tasteless imo. that's some ridiculously forced ambiguity, and very cheesy. i read nolan's excuse, too, and it was some pretentious shit.

but yeah, 4.

enron - the smartest guys in the room - 4/10.

the major flaw of enron - the smartest guys in the room is that it's about people who sit down all day.

wal-mart - the high cost of low prices - 8/10.

this is a great doc for its budget. some pretty hacky editing moments are actually very effective in this context. watch this movie if you want to remember why wal-mart is kind of like a sore on the face of the land.

if you're in NYC you can protest wal-mart's impending new store on thursday.

zeitgeist - moving forward - 5/10.

some good ideas, but still casts about beyond the future too much for my tastes. i like the first part, which details how humans are better people when raised in a good environment. then i think it becomes more infomercially - like they're selling a vision of the future. i think they're right that a positive change in human beings is going to make the world a better place. but beyond that, why speculate? it's going to be fine.

death proof - 7/10.

a well-made film with some great stunts. the pace took me off guard - i turned it off the first time, after watching the other half of grindhouse first. i'm glad i stuck with it this time. it's rewarding. the silliness is nice. props to the nod to italian vogue. props to the soundtrack. and the stunts really were insane. good job to all involved.

zeitgeist - moving forward - 10/10

I dont really give a shit that it's too long, repetitive or "speculative". They're doing a great job trying to influence people and move in the right direction.

Watched "The Scouting Book for Boys" I'd give it a 3/10. Main points that let it down were:

• Story line lacked realism, which although sometimes can be good it didn't really work here
  • it was so slow paced, it really started to irritate.
  • lack of depth to characters

It was beautifully shot and I liked the idea, the story was, in my opinion, lost through too many ideas rolled into one.

I want to go see that, think its more one for a lazy sunday staying in watching movies rather then going to the cinema. I'm going to see a remake of Brighton rock this Saturday, should be interesting...

Edit: That was directed at King's Speech.

Archived