IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched some stuff I should have watched ages ago:

Ikiru - Timeless and very moving. 5/5

Les Quatre Cents Coups - Invoked a lot of nostalgia, can only imagine what it would be like for someone growing up in that period. 4/5

Primer - First time I watched this, a lot of things I didn't understand. But I liked it. I was very tired and hovered in and out of sleep during the last half hour. Gave me some awesome dreams. Will certainly rewatch. 4/5

Super 8: Attack of the Lens Flare

3 out of 5

you guys are gonna hate this movie.

I love it, fuck you, stop texting during my films.

Super 8: Attack of the Lens Flare

3 out of 5

you guys are gonna hate this movie.

I love it, fuck you, stop texting during my films.

heh ok.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

xmen first class

enjoyable popcorn film. nothing deeper.

the cheapness of the beast suit had me laughing at the wrong parts. even doctor who budgets are higher for costumes. come on!

x-men: first class - 5/10 - i had low expectations and rightly so, the only redeemable thing about the entire movie was magneto, everyone else was a joke/misscast awful writing and awful cgi. worst use of mcavoy ive ever seen, spends 90% of the movie with his fingers on his temple, zzz

an inspector calls (1954) - 9/10 - sim is immense in this, i couldn't see anyone else doing the part better, i studied the book at school and went to see it at the west end when i was younger, its always been one of my favourite morality tales, film is almost perfect.

after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3NA17CCboA&feature=channel_video_title

I've watched this docu:

America: Freedom to Fascism

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772153/

7/10

one of the best parts about the interview is when he reveals Rockefeller told him about 9/11 years before it actually happened, i've always wondered if he was making it up since he knew he was going to die of cancer soon or if it was actually true.

Battle: Los Angeles. A marine recruitment video x Call of Duty ÷ Black Hawk Down + Michelle Rodriquez = 0/5. Utterly woeful.

Battle: Los Angeles. A marine recruitment video x Call of Duty ÷ Black Hawk Down + Michelle Rodriquez = 0/5. Utterly woeful.

dont even get me started on that piece of shit

watching loads of Pedro Almodóvar at the moment

Los abrazos rotos 6/10

All About My Mother 7/10

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown 9/10 (prob the best almodovar film)

Kika 5/10 not his best, some lol moments

also

Wim Wenders'

Wings of Desire 10/10 just a fantastic fantastic film highly recommended, bruno gatz is stunning in this film

Wim Wenders'

Wings of Desire 10/10 just a fantastic fantastic film highly recommended, bruno gatz is stunning in this film

I had a hard time with wings of desire. Ganz was good as always but peter falk was the bet part. but it just seemed to go on and on and on. Der Amerikanisch Freund is one of my favorites tho. Wenders is hit and miss.

Guest Mirezzi

Is We Own the Night worth watching?

kaen and I both loved it, so quit being silly and just watch it...

i'd love to get on the bandwagon but i just can't, RT is right. the dull, cliched dialogue brings it down, it's like it's been pasted on a solid film from somewhere else entirely, some facepalm inducing plot twists don't help things either. the cinematography and the lighting are really really great though, managed to produces a fantastic vibe.

Wim Wenders'

I had a hard time with wings of desire. Ganz was good as always but peter falk was the bet part. but it just seemed to go on and on and on. Der Amerikanisch Freund is one of my favorites tho. Wenders is hit and miss.

next up on the playlist is paris, texas kinda looking forward to it

Guest Mirezzi

i'd love to get on the bandwagon but i just can't, RT is right. the dull, cliched dialogue brings it down, it's like it's been pasted on a solid film from somewhere else entirely, some facepalm inducing plot twists don't help things either. the cinematography and the lighting are really really great though, managed to produces a fantastic vibe.

Which? WOTN?

I agree with that and saying I "loved" it might be a stretch. I remember renting it through gnashed teeth. The wife wanted to see Joaquin and I thought it was going to be horrible. I was very much surprised by its many qualities.

The Explorers - 7.5/10

with all this hype over Super 8 happening and the overly heavy handed linkages with 'early Spielberg' i thought i'd revisit one of Joe Dante's almost effortless channeling of steven Spielberg on the Explorers a scifi movie with a cast including Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix as kids. It also includes one of Jerry Goldsmith's most synthesizer heavy 80s movie scores. Overall one of Joe Dante's weaker films, but still far more fun and unique and full of character than anything Mr Abrams has laid a finger on.

Unfortunately the movie jumps the shark a little at the end, even Dante said it was unfinished, but the first hour or so is pretty great.

Archived