IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

hes also a dirty frickin nazi.

the more i look into his comments about what he said at cannes the more i realize that he truly is an evil human being

its funny how many people defend him though, even still, after he shows what a complete bastard he is

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was watching the trailer for Stroszek yesterday, will have to see that asap :o

i liked the shyness yet perceptive enigma of the lead guy which kept you intrigued not with the dialogue but with the way the film was finley executed.

I heard somewhere (maybe the dvd commentary) that it was written in a few days and shot immediately after in something like two weeks. I guess Herzog had planned to make a much bigger movie with Bruno S but it fell through, so Herzog felt like he owed it to Bruno to make a movie with him. It was basically thrown together last minute and turned out to be perfect in every way.

hes also a dirty frickin nazi.

the more i look into his comments about what he said at cannes the more i realize that he truly is an evil human being

its funny how many people defend him though, even still, after he shows what a complete bastard he is

Rude.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

and lars von trier maybe has ocd...maybe

He suffers from depression, why do you think he has OCD?

i forget exactly where. maybe a bbc radio film podcast (not sure what station exactly) - maybe the kermode and simon whatsit podcast. i heard him say it but not sure you can trust him.

love a bit of paddy. saw him recently in a statham film, i forget which, playing a gay cop. not his best performance. that would be...dead man..or my wrongs..

blitz, was kinda shitty I thought. Agreed on those Paddy films.

yeah I saw that he had been diagnosed with that as well least he can get some meds for it now.

Whatever dude. VonTrier is a fucking prick. He's clearly a juvenile sensationalist, at his core, but that doesn't excuse him for saying what he said. It's just not funny. It's mean and hurtful to people that went through a great deal of physical, psychological and emotional trauma.

Fuck him. His movies are pretentious, at best.

i just came to the conclusion that there's no link between talent and personality/intelligence, there's just so much retarded bullshit that many of those revered auteurs spew..sort of comes with the job i guess, i have no problem disconnecting his latest outburst from his "melancholia" that i really liked.

So eh... ignoring all this von trier bullshit, is Melancholia worth watching?

If I had to choose between Drive or Melancholia to see in the cinema, what are your suggestions??

So eh... ignoring all this von trier bullshit, is Melancholia worth watching?

If I had to choose between Drive or Melancholia to see in the cinema, what are your suggestions??

Depends on your patience.

Both movies are very slow moving (Drive a little less) but they're both extremely intense on two different levels. Melancholia is a drama whereas Drive is an action/drama-thingie.

Drive 8/10

Great soundtrack... what is that ambient song when the driver and Irene are in the kitchen together near the beginning of the film? It is on the tip of my tongue and I can't figure it out!!

Thanks

Whatever dude. VonTrier is a fucking prick. He's clearly a juvenile sensationalist, at his core, but that doesn't excuse him for saying what he said. It's just not funny. It's mean and hurtful to people that went through a great deal of physical, psychological and emotional trauma.

I saw the spot, and wasn't offended, he was just goading the faggots cause they bore him. Can you blame the guy.

That doesn't mean that i have any interest in any film that he's ever done. Because they bore me. heh.

dude, you are wrong about him. he has said in multiple interviews things that confirm that he looks up to nazis and probably secretly is one. he didnt take his words back or apologize to anyone and he continuously states that he is against jews, that he hates israel, etc etc.

which i am sure a lot of the people on this forum agree with his views,so you probably dont even understand why that is wrong

but what EVER you guys. thats what i have to say and im saying it, thanks for reading my post have a nice day.

I saw the spot, and wasn't offended, he was just goading the faggots cause they bore him. Can you blame the guy.

That doesn't mean that i have any interest in any film that he's ever done. Because they bore me. heh.

completely agree, people who were offended by that, and yes ill say it again are pussies of epic proportions. I mean come on dude, stop letting a nazi joke offend you, WWII ended in 1945

It's mean and hurtful to people that went through a great deal of physical, psychological and emotional trauma.

oh boo fucking hoo dude, jesus christ i'm sick of people using this card. So many good pieces of art, movies, and political statements would have never occurred if people were concerned about just who they would offend.

and he continuously states that he is against jews, that he hates israel,

is the first part of this actually true or a form of MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

dude, you are wrong about him. he has said in multiple interviews things that confirm that he looks up to nazis and probably secretly is one. he didnt take his words back or apologize to anyone and he continuously states that he is against jews, that he hates israel, etc etc.

which i am sure a lot of the people on this forum agree with his views,so you probably dont even understand why that is wrong

but what EVER you guys. thats what i have to say and im saying it, thanks for reading my post have a nice day.

lol sometimes I like you. And everything you said is spot on.

oh boo fucking hoo dude, jesus christ i'm sick of people using this card. So many good pieces of art, movies, and political statements would have never occurred if people were concerned about just who they would offend.

and just think about all the good holocaust movies that never would have happened if the holocaust didn't happen. I think Von Trier is just jealous of Spielberg for making Schindler's List.

Guest viscosity

based off of Schindler's list, Spielberg could also be seen as a Nazi sympathizer. unless you're the type to seperate creator with creation, which imo is impossible.. no one is completely objective with their work. Spielberg just presents it in a less abrasive, satirical way. Von Trier probably just believes in exposure as a method of dealing with issues. playing devils advocate is a way of understanding how these things come about.. people who have a moral polarity of whats right/wrong are quite simply narrowminded

Archived