IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

ahhh, see The Doors hatred. It exists. Sorry they didn't make idm LUDD.

it is kinda refreshing to see people bashing the doors around here, even though i kind of like them. It makes me feel like less of a prick for constantly going after shittiohead

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate the doors. I'm sure they made great music for stoned 15 year old girls.

Match Point - Poor acting, script, cinematography, everything. Scarlett Johanssonn out of 10

I don't hate the doors. I'm sure they made great music for stoned 15 year old girls.

Butt-hurt much?

You can be famous too man.

Drink more whiskey and do more acid/make more epic music.

'When the Music's Over' is a great goddamn song, get used to it.

You don't even listen to any rock 'n' roll so your opinion on this matter is voidd LUDD.

Listen to Hendrix live at Woodstock for rock 'n' roll reference.

Butt-hurt much?

You don't even listen to any rock 'n' roll so your opinion on this matter is voidd LUDD.

really?

btw dude who talked about The Element of Crime, did you like it?

i tried yesterday but i couldn't make it trough the end. it was interesting, but the awkward acting and yellow colors ruined it for me...

hahah... I loved the colors / acting and hated the story! but kudos because I couldn't make it to the end either.

Saw new Thing. There were moments of bad CGI mixed in with the good animatronics (I consider it the 2011 equivalent to the bad stopmo used in parts of Thing82), dialogue was flat in places, & the only character who seemed at all defined was the dude who couldn't speak English, but overall it was about as good as one could realistically hope for. There were lots of continuity details but no obvious rip-offs passing themselves off as homages like certain lines in Terminator 3/4. Some of the imagery was pretty effective, particularly

the man-spider crawling on top of the screaming guy & slowing melting their two faces together

MV5BMjA2NDAzMDU4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc3Mzc3Mg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Nacho Libre, and Napoleon Dynamites left-of-field sense of humor made me want to watch this, so I did. I'm still not sure what to think of it. It was a very weird and disorganized movie, but I liked it, I think.

Hector Whats-his-face was in it (Dude with giant mouth in Nacho), so that was funny. I can't help laughing when I look at him. And Sam Rockwell's performances were hilarious.

See it if you like Napoleon/Nacho, otherwise, you probably shouldn't.

Guest disparaissant

The Boys in the Band - gay/gay

seriously seriously gay

i literally cannot wait to hear the reactions of all the right wing fucktards in my film class oh god its like christmas

weird that this was friedkin, the next year he directed the french connection and a year later the exorcist. and those three films could not be more different, really. all great, too.

Butt-hurt much?

really?

Only if you want, otherwise carry on.

The Boys in the Band - gay/gay

seriously seriously gay

i literally cannot wait to hear the reactions of all the right wing fucktards in my film class oh god its like christmas

weird that this was friedkin, the next year he directed the french connection and a year later the exorcist. and those three films could not be more different, really. all great, too.

friedkin is one of my favorite filmmakers. i remember reading an interview with him in where the interviewer makes a similar observation about how different most of his films seem from each other. he agreed that while aesthetically this is true, he makes all of his films with the same intensity, and this is the thread that ties them all together. i tend to agree. an incredibly intense individual that shows no fear, especially during the 70s. i still say 'cruising' is criminally underrated. almost as good as the exorcist imo.

MV5BMjA2NDAzMDU4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc3Mzc3Mg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Nacho Libre, and Napoleon Dynamites left-of-field sense of humor made me want to watch this, so I did. I'm still not sure what to think of it. It was a very weird and disorganized movie, but I liked it, I think.

Hector Whats-his-face was in it (Dude with giant mouth in Nacho), so that was funny. I can't help laughing when I look at him. And Sam Rockwell's performances were hilarious.

See it if you like Napoleon/Nacho, otherwise, you probably shouldn't.

what if you love napoleon and hate nacho?

Guest Xenblake

the woman - ridiculously stupid/10

How so? I haven't read the book and had zero expectations for it. It turned out to be one of the darkest and most disturbing films I've seen in a while.

It's a bit Lars Von Trier'ish actually. Just without the forced artyness and unnecessary close up vagina torture gore.

well, haven't read the book either, and i wasn't expecting to much from it, but for me it didn't started very good and just went downhill.

awkward acting, kind of nonsense interaction between the characters, not that good cinematography, and some specific scenes that really pissed me off per example when she's bathing full clothed with that rock song playing while he was stalking her, rolled eyes moments if you know what i mean, lots of them...

Minor quibbles IMO. I could see why the soundtrack would rub people the wrong way. The sound though was pretty good. The sound effect of the bullet passing her ear, so shrill, played mayhem with me. I was high though.

Mystery Train (rewatch)

So good, and much better than I remembered it. It's up there with Down By Law IMO.

The Adventures of Tintin

I've never read any of the comics or watched the cartoons but I loved it.

Feel-good adventure time.

is it seriously out yet? holy shit i must go see this

Watched it at a sneak premiere.

Guest analogue wings

Death Bed: The Bed That Eats - lol/10

The Woman - eh/10

Red State - 7/10 wtf kevin smith in ok movie shock

Baby Police - 10/10

Archived