IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Bronson - 7.5/10 - I could compare it 'A Clockwork Orange' or a Guy Ritchie film or even a Terry Gilliam film but it has its own ultraviolent/chrome/visceral/surreal thing going on that I think Refn envisions and succeeds in bringing to the screen. Tom Hardy acts his ass and cock off in this film, would make an interesting play if done right. And the music is fantastic. I am sorry that I slept on this one for so long.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Bronson - 7.5/10 - I could compare it 'A Clockwork Orange' or a Guy Ritchie film or even a Terry Gilliam film but it has its own ultraviolent/chrome/visceral/surreal thing going on that I think Refn envisions and succeeds in bringing to the screen. Tom Hardy acts his ass and cock off in this film, would make an interesting play if done right. And the music is fantastic. I am sorry that I slept on this one for so long.

Very good movie, I thought it needed a little something to make the pacing feel a little bit smoother but yeah, great movie.

I just watched Drive again for the second time and I disagree with you A. That film has some amazing shots and ideas and acting all combined into perfect moments. Bronson is amazing as well, just a bit too raw compared to Drive I think. The clean/perfected feel of Drive makes it superior to most films that have come out recently.

bronson was good. bit too derivative of kubrick in places imo. an earlier film from the director called 'fear x' is worth checking out.. made no money and bankrupted his company, but its interesting in that the script is co written by hubert selby jr. his only film script i believe.. only drawback is that its a bit derivative of david lynch in places lol. worth checking out tho.

i remember seeing 'pusher' a really long time ago and being mildly impressed with it. it certainly didnt warrant two other films (havent seen those)

really keen to check out 'drive'

I tried watching Inland Empire but I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

shame shame. worth finishing in my opinion. in 2 sittings perhaps

Exactly, definitely a two sitter or one if you have the attention span. I think most of us do not.

I'll give another try. I don't know if I'll bother with the shorts, not a big fan of animation in general.

and Miami Vice!

is that actually good?

First season is, the rest don't even bother, or just watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoHdC9hCQNA

DrillerDOTM.jpg

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Michael Bay)

weird one. sometimes it makes you open your eyes v V v wide others I couldn't keep up and I guess it's OK in the end. very pretty.

Blue-Orange-Complements.png

Guest Ricky Downtown

I like your rating style. Those two Fellini's are the epitome of :sup:

thanks, i keep my ratings legit :emotawesomepm9:

and yeah, Fellini shits on any other 60's director imo...cept maybe Leone. and David Lean.

i like drive but i was completely unfamiliar with ryan gosling when i saw it. saw trailer for another film he's in, that one with clooney, and found him a bit irritating when he talks a lot.

Has no one else watched The Adventures of Tintin yet?

no i wish, i hear it's like the actual good sequel to indiana jones compared to crystal skull

Edit: from the looks of the preview i can already tell PJ and Steve man handled Cameron's blue balls

edit2: slam2: it looks as if Avatar was merely WETA practicing for their big unveil, Tin Tin

i like drive but i was completely unfamiliar with ryan gosling when i saw it. saw trailer for another film he's in, that one with clooney, and found him a bit irritating when he talks a lot.

yes.

i'm not a fan of him but in "all good things" he does a nice job

will do, sunday!

no i wish, i hear it's like the actual good sequel to indiana jones compared to crystal skull

Edit: from the looks of the preview i can already tell PJ and Steve man handled Cameron's blue balls

edit2: slam2: it looks as if Avatar was merely WETA practicing for their big unveil, Tin Tin

It's a fucking gorgeous movie. I was really sceptical when I watched the first trailer because I thought Tintin looked creepy as hell. I thought his face looked like a pea with another small pea growing on the side of it (that would be his nose) but all my worries were laid to rest when I finally got a good look at him. Everything just looked marvelous!

I like your rating style. Those two Fellini's are the epitome of :sup:

thanks, i keep my ratings legit :emotawesomepm9:

and yeah, Fellini shits on any other 60's director imo...cept maybe Leone. and David Lean.

And Kurosawa.

Archived