IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Tintin was lots of fun. Especially the part when they made Tintin check out that hot chick at the party. "Look seeee! He's not gay!!"

Best Spielberg credits since catch me if you can! I can't remember if I said that already...

tha fact that neither take shelter nor drive was nominated for an oscar just sucks. i know i know, the oscars suck, doesn't matter etc, but still, wtf.

tha fact that neither take shelter nor drive was nominated for an oscar just sucks. i know i know, the oscars suck, doesn't matter etc, but still, wtf.

i can really only recall a handful of times where i feel like the OScars gave proper credit where it was due especially for best picture/director, Silence of the Lambs and Return fo the King come to mind. No Country for old men also

I feel asleep during 'Take Shelter', while in the theatre......I didn't think that is was a good film about a man going crazy but a great portrayal of a man scared of storms. I love Michael Shannon though as well, 'My Son My Son..." was a much better crazy man film. And 'Bug' is an even better film about crazy people.

I bet Tim and Eric were trying to make an awful film.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I finally saw hanna. was good but far from great. the "bad guys" were so stupid to the point of unrealistic. I can believe a little girl can be genetically modified to be stronger but i cannot believe that cate blancet was cast as tilda swinton. no i mean i cannot believe these people exist and even in sci-fi it needs to be grounded in reality. the guy from in the loop (or the thick of it i guess) was ridiculous with his bover boys.

the best scene was where tilda was brushing her teeth

music was alright but mind not blown.

PHbSGqPtXs7Vfg_1_m.jpg

not very good

yeah very disappointing, but lets hope they make another one and improve upon it. The Python movies only kept getting better imo, I know people think Holy Grail is the best but seriously fuck that notion. Something completely different kinda sucked, then Holy Grail showed they could make an epic medieval comedy playing multiple characters, then they outdid that with Life of Brian and again with Meaning of Life.

i am kind of surprised only a handful of people in here saw Tin Tin, you guys seriously missed the fuck out

I do need to watch this but it just looked too much like Uncharted on the trailers to get me excited.

yeah none of the trailers i saw for it made me want to see it either, i was pretty skeptical when i walked in but overjoyed when walking out. I think it's probably the most fun and immersive movie like it i've seen since Avatar, but this is less flawed than Avatar by a long shot.

PHbSGqPtXs7Vfg_1_m.jpg

not very good

yeah very disappointing, but lets hope they make another one and improve upon it. The Python movies only kept getting better imo, I know people think Holy Grail is the best but seriously fuck that notion. Something completely different kinda sucked, then Holy Grail showed they could make an epic medieval comedy playing multiple characters, then they outdid that with Life of Brian and again with Meaning of Life.

have you heard they are getting the old gang back together? think it'll top MoL?

i did but its for some cheesy sounding CGI dreamworkish comedy, im not getting my hopes up on that one.

the only Python reunions that 'count' for me are the fake interview with Cleese where he calls Michael Palin a jew while breathing form an oxygen mask and where Steve Martin opens a closet door and they are all stacked inside on top of eachother

edit: the south park one kind of makes me cringe a little bit

i don't remember the details but heard something about a reunion. i'm guessing its the same thing.

i am saw dirty harry for the first time and all i can say is....

Dirty_Harry_6_1_1.jpg

retreat - 5/10

how to die in oregon - 9/10 - ethnography of dying, fascinating and emotional, a bit meladromatic at times though.

a dangerous method - 8/10, classy and very interesting, good acting by everyone involved.

tim and eric film - 6/10

harold and kumar 3 - 5/10

retreat - 5/10

how to die in oregon - 9/10 - ethnography of dying, fascinating and emotional, a bit meladromatic at times though.

a dangerous method - 8/10, classy and very interesting, good acting by everyone involved.

tim and eric film - 6/10

harold and kumar 3 - 5/10

What?

yeah, even people i talked to unanimously agreed that kera knightly singlehandedly almost took the entire movie down.

her opening performance with the teeth/jaw jutting out was so cringe worthy i almost considered walking out of the film

Archived