IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

sherlock holmes 2 - bollocks/10

I thought it was really boring as well. I remember thinking the first Sherlock was at least mildly entertaining.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

man I love this film, and then *OH FUCK WHAT SHITTY DAY FOR NIGHT SHOOTING, MY EYEEEEESSSSS!!!*

Yeah, that particular bugaboo bit a few legendary photographers back in the day...Zsigmond, Wexler, Hall to name a few. It's a shame really, but film stock simply wasn't fast enough until what, late 80s / early 90s?

deliverance - 10/10

First time?

man I love this film, and then *OH FUCK WHAT SHITTY DAY FOR NIGHT SHOOTING, MY EYEEEEESSSSS!!!*

haha lol totally agree. The canoe seen when ronny cox falls out is one of the most intense things I've ever watched on film.

last time i've seen it was the best, the thing comes together JUST RIGHT

wannebe big-gun suckers need to take lessons in pacing from that film

garden state - so i figured it's tme to watch a movie about people my age (mid 20s). and it starts out great, like woody allen meets lonesome jim (the movie), but kinda falls into clishes after 45 minutes. plus, i know this was braffs baby,but he's not much of an actor. it felt like a depressing scrubs episode at times. still - pretty good, with decent soundtrack, etc. kinda get the hype etc

sherlock holmes 2 - bollocks/10

I thought it was really boring as well. I remember thinking the first Sherlock was at least mildly entertaining.

Yeah at least it was paced in a way that it felt like something was happening for some reason or other. Even if that something was pathetic arseleavings.

Finally watched Nausica Valley of the Wind: 10/10.

Was pretty stoned though

now there's a great film that was based on comics!

written and directed by the same man whom wrote the comics....and he is a god, so yeah, it is pretty good, bordering on the best animated film ever made, other than some of the others that he has made.

Guest zaphod

i'm going to buy a farm in the midwest and raise my unborn-as-far-as-i-know-kids on grave of the fireflies. they will never be fat. ever.

i'm going to buy a farm in the midwest and raise my unborn-as-far-as-i-know-kids on grave of the fireflies. they will never be fat. ever.

this was not far from my childhood. I was kinda fat in like 3rd grade hehe

Ha, nor will they ever be happy.

Avengers - even though I thought the other Marvel films have been entertaining and pretty at best the wait has certainly paid off for the sheer awesomeness of this film which is better that all of them put together. Marvel have done well to finally take comic legends well into the cinema medium and beyond with a storyline well matched by the action sequences that put Micheal Bay well into a coffin. 15/10

was Deliverance a fluke for Boorman? Almost every film i've seen of his falls short of the mark of quality left by Deliverance. Zardoz is pretty interesting, and definitely weird but i wouldn't even call it a good scifi movie.

Archived