IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

am not the one who was annoyed at the numbers + am just answering these guys who were annoyed or something so dont see ur point there. some of these guys were like personaly ofended i didnt give a high number to a film they liked or something. and if 9 is a perfect score thats cool with me, some other guy asked why i never gave something 10 . just didnt feel like it. these go up to 11

I just wanted to make sure your idea of viewing films is putting yourself on some imaginary piedestal where you try to make sure as little as possible actually satisfies you in order to maintain an over-blown ego. My reaction is that this is bound to make movie going as boring as possible and that leads me to believe you don't actually like movies. Either that or you're a horribly boring person. I'm not offended but I find it funny, and you have to accept that people might find you as unlikeable as they come.

There are tons and tons of perfect films precisely because they aren't "perfect". If there ever was a "perfect" film, what a horrible world that would be.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shit Attack
am not the one who was annoyed at the numbers + am just answering these guys who were annoyed or something so dont see ur point there. some of these guys were like personaly ofended i didnt give a high number to a film they liked or something. and if 9 is a perfect score thats cool with me, some other guy asked why i never gave something 10 . just didnt feel like it. these go up to 11

I just wanted to make sure your idea of viewing films is putting yourself on some imaginary piedestal where you try to make sure as little as possible actually satisfies you in order to maintain an over-blown ego. My reaction is that this is bound to make movie going as boring as possible and that leads me to believe you don't actually like movies. Either that or you're a horribly boring person. I'm not offended but I find it funny, and you have to accept that people might find you as unlikeable as they come.

There are tons and tons of perfect films precisely because they aren't "perfect". If there ever was a "perfect" film, what a horrible world that would be.

hey I didnt like a film you enjoyed and for this i am terribly sorry + ashamed. but I'll get off my overblown movie ego watching internet forum pedestal when you get off your overblown cry baby judgeing people for giving a low score to a film i enjoyed pedestal. think am gonna be waiting a long time tho. why would deliberately not liking some great mark wahlberg movie lead somebody to maintain a large ego anyway?? where is the sense in any of this madness? are you really serious? why is my rating of a film any more egotistical than anyone elses other than that you dont agree with it ?? so basically you lot are mental, but overall I did find your post pretty funny , even tho it seemed to be edging on some sort of emo journal diary entry . 6/10

"There are tons and tons of perfect films precisely because they aren't "perfect". If there ever was a "perfect" film, what a horrible world that would be."

( wipes away a tear )

hey I didnt like a film you enjoyed and for this i am terribly sorry + ashamed. but I'll get off my overblown movie ego watching internet forum pedestal when you get off your overblown cry baby judgeing people for giving a low score to a film i enjoyed pedestal. think am gonna be waiting a long time tho. why would deliberately not liking some great mark wahlberg movie lead somebody to maintain a large ego anyway?? where is the sense in any of this madness? are you really serious? why is my rating of a film any more egotistical than anyone elses other than that you dont agree with it ?? so basically you lot are mental, but overall I did find your post pretty funny , even tho it seemed to be edging on some sort of emo journal diary entry . 6/10

"There are tons and tons of perfect films precisely because they aren't "perfect". If there ever was a "perfect" film, what a horrible world that would be."

( wipes away a tear )

Guest Shit Attack

oh yeah by the way:

Aliens special edition - 8/10 - very enjoyable + truly fantastic in almost every possible way - minus 7 points just to piss off the over emotional twats on this website who cant handle other peoples opinions :(

-

final score Aliens 1 - Shit attack 7

I would love to try to think of something clever to respond with here, but you keep demonstrating my point with such eloquence that it would be completely unnecessary.

No, I'm not serious, and I don't really care. My response has less to do with movies and more to do with you.

( wipes away a tear )

Alright Mr. film major, if reading comprehension hadn't escaped you it would be clear that what I meant was that a movie is not meant to be satisfying on all ends as a cavalcade of intellectual prowess or cinematographic dick display. It's meant to make you forget yourself and go for a ride. If it does that with a story, it's good enough. Blemishes are unavoidable in real life and often they make the message and humanity of certain films more poignant. You seem to miss the point of that because you hang yourself up on ridiculous details like cheesy song segments and whatnot, and again, I'm not typing this because I am butthurt by your reviews, but because I enjoy assessing your character.

keltoi, i happened to be catch part of a steven seagal film when i turned the tV on last night for the LRPC. Can't remember what it was called, it had Michael Caine in it. Something about alaskan oil platforms and inuit tribes. (edit - on deadly ground)

I have fond teenage memories of this film because it was one of those that often aired on TV and had a nude scene.

Guest Shit Attack

I would love to try to think of something clever to respond with here, but you keep demonstrating my point with such eloquence that it would be completely unnecessary.

No, I'm not serious, and I don't really care. My response has less to do with movies and more to do with you.

( wipes away a tear )

Alright Mr. film major, if reading comprehension hadn't escaped you it would be clear that what I meant was that a movie is not meant to be satisfying on all ends as a cavalcade of intellectual prowess or cinematographic dick display. It's meant to make you forget yourself and go for a ride. If it does that with a story, it's good enough. Blemishes are unavoidable in real life and often they make the message and humanity of certain films more poignant. You seem to miss the point of that because you hang yourself up on ridiculous details like cheesy song segments and whatnot, and again, I'm not typing this because I am butthurt by your reviews, but because I enjoy assessing your character.

check this out :

Apocalypse now:redux - 9/10 - Great apart from french plantation part

Persona - 8/10 - Pretty Great

Magnolia - 3/10 - not great

Cabin in the woods - 2/10 - ungreat

Profondo Rosso - 7/10 - cheese greater

Hearts Of Darkness - 6/10 - semi almost good

boogie nights 4/10 - not great, some goodness IE : "you got the touch" part

Chronicle - 6/10 - starts pretty good, gets worse

The Damned 0/10 - the exact opposite of greatness. Ugh

the Avengers - 7/10 - pretty good. fight on the flying aircraft carrier thing was great

Solaris (1972) - 8/10 - flawed greatness

Stalker - 9/10 - pretty great

The mirror/zerkalo - 5/10 - some greatness, some boredom

the Evil Dead - 8/10 - almost high level of greatness

Rebel without a cause - 5/10 - pretty average

Inglorious basterds - 4/10 - some good, some bad, maybe some little bits of greatness

Shame - 6/10 - quite good

alien 3 special edition - 7/10 - much greater than original version (havent seen it for a long time tho) underrated

21 jump street - 3/10 - some funny bits, no greatness of any kind.

There will be blood - 8/10 - almost upper reaches of greatnes

you people have been droning on about how I think im a film major because I wrote this COMPLETELY OBVIOUSLY tongue in cheek bunch of reviews of some films I just watched including references to some stupid scenes i found amusing in films i otherwise found to be average . And now youre trying to provide free of charge psychological assesments of whoever you imagine youre talking to because of this. so basically....... Youre completely and utterly mental ! Theres really not much more i can say, sorry, but if you want to continue to express your disgust and moral outrage im sure the daily mail is looking for new and dedicated wankers of all ages and backgrounds to complain about things that have NO SIGNIFICANCE AT ALL , so who knows you could get to wank yourself blind AND get paid at the same time ! other than im going to sleep hopefully for a long time . now heres a song you can play to feel good about yourself and the superiority of your internet based movie mesageboard reviews in the meantime. good day

Guest Shit Attack

the wisdom of Crimean slut chump:

" I would love to try to think of something clever to respond with here, but ............. "

lol. says it all

Guest Xenblake

I thought it was the title of some troma film: shit attack.

Fitzcarraldo

This is a great film. Locations were wonderful, casting/acting perfect, it touched me and filled me with hope. Prior to this I had only seen kinski in "angsty" rolls such as Nosferatu, Woyzcek and Aguirre. being an affable, bewildered and slightly bonkers entrepreneur just had me in a really good mood

The balance between the "white men" (cook, captain and kinski) was great, scene with all the indians standing around them while they eat was nice and awkward. I liked the fact that there was no subtexting when the indians spoke and you understood by their body language/tone of voice etc. their intentions.

No complaints about this film whatsoever.

Guest Shit Attack

Fitzcarraldo

This is a great film. Locations were wonderful, casting/acting perfect, it touched me and filled me with hope. Prior to this I had only seen kinski in "angsty" rolls such as Nosferatu, Woyzcek and Aguirre. being an affable, bewildered and slightly bonkers entrepreneur just had me in a really good mood

The balance between the "white men" (cook, captain and kinski) was great, scene with all the indians standing around them while they eat was nice and awkward. I liked the fact that there was no subtexting when the indians spoke and you understood by their body language/tone of voice etc. their intentions.

hey buddy , youre doing it wrong. youre supposed to just type "woo , I loved it ! "

you dont want to get into trouble do you ?

Fitzcarraldo

now watch burden of dreams if you haven't yet. (the making of fitzcarraldo)

just as fascinating as the film itself.

Fitzcarraldo

hey buddy , youre doing it wrong. youre supposed to just type "woo , I loved it ! "

you dont want to get into trouble do you ?

:D

strange how this one always pops up. kinski pulling a boat over a mountain dodging poisonous arrows, in a a film by.. Werner... HerDZOGG.

It's meant to make you forget yourself and go for a ride. If it does that with a story, it's good enough.

is it? did you read it in the "what are movies meant to do?" book? xD

i don't think a good story is enough, that's why i'm not into literature... i'm saying this with more shame than pride...

zernner warhog

Guest RadarJammer

Sword of Desperation this movie was really really good. The sword fight at the end was :w00t:/10

rise of the animals - no budget horror comedy most likely made over a weekend in a spur of the moment. characters make no sense, plot never develops, fx are most likely made in gimp. killer deers look like mr oizo puppets (and probably ARE). it's hilarious and self-concious about it's lack of sense. loved it. fun/10

Shaun of the Dead - Will always love this movie/10

You can't be serious

The Artist, watched this movie with a joint and some wine while my gf was snorring next to me, 9/10 :cry:

You can't be serious

The Artist, watched this movie with a joint and some wine while my gf was snorring next to me, 9/10 :cry:

First you diss Shaun of the dead and them give The Artists a 9/10. Where do you buy your monocles?

truly human - some artsy dogme to tie up the day. it was great. really heartbreaking. although the whole thing with people assuming the guy's a refugee rather than a retard was tacky. but it all played out in the end, i guess. good stuff.

Winters Bone is really good 9/10

You can't be serious

is The Artist really that good? I skipped around and it was all silent film.

Winters Bone is really good 9/10

You can't be serious

is The Artist really that good? I skipped around and it was all silent film.

LOL

Archived