IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"volcan veins" is one of the greatest 4 minutes of music since "ted" or "drukqs" or something

in this genre

shit gets me hyped beyond belief. song is like being drunk as fuck, on ecstacy and driving around in a car through new york city during a huge psychedlic party lightshow with people in the streets dancing and giant projections on the wall. and all through this you're seeing double and all these bitches are coming at your from different directions and you're talking really loud because you're trashed.

Guest ezkerraldean
By the way, if someone could tell me where to find the bonus tracks of the two albums, I'd be very grateful.

how many chris clark japtracks are there in total? are they good? i have none.

Guest ezkerraldean

i will forever use the term japtracks, and nurture this new creation of mine as if it was my child / an exceptionally cute kitten

By the way, if someone could tell me where to find the bonus tracks of the two albums, I'd be very grateful.

Clarence Park:

Guitar Solo (not really a bonus track though, but you could download it from the Clarence Park microsite)

ETBOY:

Alaska (1998 Tiny Person)

Body Riddle:

Observe Harvest

Turning Dragon:

Beige Afterthought

Pending Dusk Wrench

Growls Garden:

Bread Session 5

Penultimate Persian (Penultimate Mix)

Totems Flare:

Steepgrass Five

yes they are pretty good

Guest ezkerraldean

Clarence Park:

Guitar Solo (not really a bonus track though, but you could download it from the Clarence Park microsite)

ETBOY:

Body Riddle:

Observe Harvest

Turning Dragon:

Beige Afterthought

Pending Dusk Wrench

Growls Garden:

Bread Session 5

Totems Flare:

Steepgrass Five

yes they are pretty good

omg omg omg omg japtracks

There's also an iTunes bonus track on Totems Flare (Chill Out DJ). It's a bit crap. May be jazz, but I can't be arsed to backtrack past this page.

Apparently theres a digital booklet with the iTunes release aswell. Do you have it? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

There's also an iTunes bonus track on Totems Flare (Chill Out DJ). It's a bit crap. May be jazz, but I can't be arsed to backtrack past this page.

Apparently theres a digital booklet with the iTunes release aswell. Do you have it? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I do. It's so unexceptional I forgot I had it and had to check.

Not trying to come across as a dick, by the way. I've really liked Clark's stuff since Clarence Park and I love Totems Flare. I quite like Steepgrass Five too.

ETBOY:

???

what is this? any good?

It's my favourite out of all of the Japanese bonus tracks. Rather majestic pads throughout (If think that's what you'd call them if it's not too poncey), otherwise fairly sparse apart from the beats. Personally I prefer it to quite a few tracks from the rest of the album.

Guest underscore

I know I'm late on joining the party, but it is really rare that I actually check shit out so I hadn't heard this album until this weekend. Am I the only one who gets a bit frustrated at how quickly the album moves? I feel like there are so many lush melodies and epic sounds packed too tightly together. Songs like Totem Crackerjack, Look Into The Heart Now, and Future Daniel have certain parts that I want to just keep thrasing on for minutes, but they always seem like they're cut too short.

Guest underscore

I think that's beauty of it. It's a slap to the face, and you want to get hit over and over again.

I can understand that, that is the exact kind of thing I love about something like (most of) Rushup Edge.

Clarence Park:

ETBOY:

Body Riddle:

Observe Harvest

Turning Dragon:

Beige Afterthought

Pending Dusk Wrench

Growls Garden:

Bread Session 5

Totems Flare:

Steepgrass Five

yes they are pretty good

I need to hunt these down, thanks. I never knew they existed.

Guest Glass Plate

hmm so far this is still probably my favorite album of the year no doubt, but I've been listening to it way more than most other albums so I guess I'm not giving a lot of albums a fair chance, but I can't get enough of this.

Like the moment were it cuts out and the drums come in on Totem Crackjack, jizzim every time.

I just wish that some of the less interesting tracks that are almost intermissions were replaced with tracks from Turning Dragon like Violenl etc. Maybe that'd be too much in your face constantly, but it would be a pretty damn'd impressive album. The slow tracks are still pretty good and I guess needed refrains from the ass kicking.

Has any one talked about what the vocoder lyrics in the beginning of Future Daniel are supposed to be? Because I used to listen to so much boc I always think I can hear a "1969" in there.

Archived