IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

Guest underscore

hmm so far this is still probably my favorite album of the year no doubt, but I've been listening to it way more than most other albums so I guess I'm not giving a lot of albums a fair chance, but I can't get enough of this.

Like the moment were it cuts out and the drums come in on Totem Crackjack, jizzim every time.

I just wish that some of the less interesting tracks that are almost intermissions were replaced with tracks from Turning Dragon like Violenl etc. Maybe that'd be too much in your face constantly, but it would be a pretty damn'd impressive album. The slow tracks are still pretty good and I guess needed refrains from the ass kicking.

Has any one talked about what the vocoder lyrics in the beginning of Future Daniel are supposed to be? Because I used to listen to so much boc I always think I can hear a "1969" in there.

those four fucking bars almost kill the song for me. sounds like hes saying "he must learn the secret to existence" to me. lols

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally put this down for a couple weeks after playing it regularly for a couple months. then i put it on last night, sounded great to my ears, but it really falls off after 'look into the heart' for me. the second half just doesn't stand up to the first

i prefer the second half personally. i fel like it just flows much better and its next level shizz. imo

fucking FUTURE DANIEL you guys. i have listened to it 62 times according to itunes, definitely more like 100+ including listening to it on my ipod and whatnot, and it is still pants-shittingly good.

after listening to totems flare 100s of times..last couple of month..i found it interesting..but i couldn't really feel it after all. it's too loose, just bitching around..unfocussed. lack of soul..and spirit.. i literally hear chris coming home from berghain or bar25 coked out and drunk turning his laptop on in the morning..and then jus messing around. no vision.

then.. today I discovered the new vsnares ep -horsey noises. and i sorry but i have to say it. vsnares nails the more-into-popmusic approach far better and more elegant. the small vsnares ep just pawned clarks totemflare in the ass. its just way better. better tunes, better beats, better mixdowns. more creative variations and overall arrangement. vsnare ftw.

then.. today I discovered the new vsnares ep -horsey noises. and i sorry but i have to say it. vsnares nails the more-into-popmusic approach far better and more elegant. the small vsnares ep just pawned clarks totemflare in the ass. its just way better. better tunes, better beats, better mixdowns. more creative variations and overall arrangement. vsnare ftw.

totem's flare is good but horsey noises whoops it. thank you guy I never noticed post before.

totem's flare is good but horsey noises whoops it. thank you guy I never noticed post before.

I downloaded Horsey Noises based on this, and... really? Whoops Totems Flare in the ass? I honestly didn't care for the EP.

i think he just means that its a much more successful pop /electronic music fusion , which is a matter of taste

Indeed, and I like the Clark album also. Horsey Noises just really makes me smile though. It's like Aaron was trying again there for a min.

Guest Al Hounos

holy fuck why din't i give this a chance before. maybe i'll go back and revisit turning dragon too.

page 40 clark subforum! :yeah:

Guest hahathhat

look into the heartnow

look into the heartnow

look into the heartofacobra

look into theheartnow

also, i don't understand the futuredaniel obsession -- it's fine and dandy, but i like many others on the album much more

Archived