IGNORED

Remixes of AE, and Remixes By AE, and an Unreleased Track

Joyrex

Disc 1

01. Born Ruffians 'Milkman/To Cure A Weakling Child' (Originals by Aphex Twin) (5:30)

02. Jimi Tenor 'Japanese Electronics' (Original by Elecktroids) (5:25)

03. Tim Exile 'A Little Bit More' (Original by Jamie Lidell) (4:03)

04. Rustie ' Midnight Drive' (Original by Elecktroids) (3:37)

05. Luke Vibert 'LFO' (Original by LFO) (5:47)

06. Autechre 'What Is House? (LFO Remix)' (Original by LFO) (4:25)

07. Russell Haswell 'Cabasa Cabasa' (Original by Wild Planet) (4:59)

08. Clark 'So Malleable' (Original by Milanese) (4:57)

09. Diamond Watch Wrists 'Fool In Rain' (Original by Pivot) (5:29)

10. Hudson Mohawke ft. Wensday Night 'Paint The Stars' (Original by Jimi Tenor) (3:04)

Disc 2

11 Mark Pritchard '3/4 Heart' (Original by Balil - Black Dog Productions) (7:12)

12. Mira Calix with Oliver Coates 'In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country' (Original by Boards Of Canada) (6:16)

13. Pivot 'Colorado' (Original by Grizzly Bear) (4:13)

14. Bibio 'Kaini Industries' (Original by Boards Of Canada) (3:40)

15. Jamie Lidell 'Little Brother' (Original by Grizzly Bear) (4:41)

16. Leila 'Vordhosbn' (Original by Aphex Twin) (5:00)

17. John Callaghan 'Phylactery' (Based on Tilapia by Autechre) (5:34)

18. Gravenhurst 'I Found The F' (Original by Broadcast) (3:25)

19. Plaid 'On My Bus' (Original by Plone) (4:15)

20. Seefeel 'Acrobat' (Original by Maximo Park) (4:02)

And one unreleased AE track:

10" 1

A1. Boards of Canada 'Seven Forty Seven' (8:36)

B1. Autechre 'Oval Moon (IBC mx)' (7:18)

B2. Clark 'Rattlesnake' (2:01)

10" 2

C1. Plaid 'Dett' (5:08)

C2. Elecktroids 'Elecktroids Bonus Circuit' (2:48)

D1. Flying Lotus 'Tronix' (3:45)

D2. Nightmares On Wax 'Biofeedback Dub' (5:14)

10" 3

E1. Plaid 'Sam Lac Run' (4:00)

E2. Nightmares On Wax 'Mega Donutz Dub' (5:15)

F1. Broadcast 'Sixty Forty' (4:31)

F2. Seefeel 'As Link' (3:12)

2 Autechre tracks remixed by other people so basically only really 1 new autechre track. doesn't sound worth buying at all unless your plan is just to resell for profit

It's one remix by other people. The other remix is by AE. And there's a new track. :)

2 Autechre tracks remixed by other people so basically only really 1 new autechre track. doesn't sound worth buying at all unless your plan is just to resell for profit

It's one remix by other people. The other remix is by AE. And there's a new track. :)

show me what you are talking about because i only see 3 tracks, one of them is a cover, one of them is LFO remixing autechre and the other one is a new Autechre song. am i missing one?

Granted the title is a bit confusing, but I think he's referring to the fact that on

"06. Autechre 'What Is House? (LFO Remix)' (Original by LFO) (4:25)"

Autechre are doing the remixing, not getting remixed

Someone's probably already mentioned it, but IBC was the pirate radio station (Illegal Broadcasting Corporation) they had a show on in 1991, before the release of Cavity Job. So maybe this track is old, really old...

Someone's probably already mentioned it, but IBC was the pirate radio station (Illegal Broadcasting Corporation) they had a show on in 1991, before the release of Cavity Job. So maybe this track is old, really old...

Good spot, seeing how it's also a more normal track title than they usually go for I can believe this. Would be interested in hearing some old Lego Feet era unreleased AE.

I think you're right about it being a very old track, since it has a 'normal' name and not some made up word like their later track titles have.

Yeah, like The Trees.

Well, of course there are exceptions, but take a glance at Quaristice's tracklisting (I've bolded the 'normal' names for you):

01 - Altibzz (02:53)

02 - The Plc (04:17)

03 - IO (03:08)

04 - plyPhon (02:33)

05 - Perlence (03:25)

06 - SonDEremawe (01:21)

07 - Simmm (05:00)

08 - paralel Suns (03:04)

09 - Steels (02:56)

10 - Tankakern (03:40)

11 - rale (03:43)

12 - Fol3 (03:47)

13 - fwzE (02:39)

14 - 90101-5l-l (03:11)

15 - bnc Castl (02:52)

16 - Theswere (02:12)

17 - WNSN (04:57)

18 - chenc9 (04:57)

19 - Notwo (05:34)

20 - Outh9X (07:15)

So, out of 20 tracks, 4 (and #8 is debatable due to spelling) have 'normal' names. I think my point stands.

Guest theSun

Perlence and IO is pretty "normal"

i think ae should stop being so ghey and make their song names actually real words.

oh and start making real music imo

i think ae should stop being so ghey and make their song names actually real words.

Yeah, IO is somewhat normal (if you understand the acronym's meaning), but Perlence is a made up word...

I don't mind the track names, but like their recent output, it seems like they're trying to be abstract for the sake of being abstract, and not trying to make music that you can listen to - I tried once to work listening to Quaristice, and I found myself concentrating more on the music than my work because it was so difficult to sync with...

Yeah, IO is somewhat normal (if you understand the acronym's meaning), but Perlence is a made up word...

I don't mind the track names, but like their recent output, it seems like they're trying to be abstract for the sake of being abstract, and not trying to make music that you can listen to - I tried once to work listening to Quaristice, and I found myself concentrating more on the music than my work because it was so difficult to sync with...

Isn't that a good thing? I mean, I can't really work and listen to AE, just because it's so involving. Which I like.

And I know they've got the odd normal song name, I was just messing around duder.

Yeah, like The Trees.

Well, of course there are exceptions, but take a glance at Quaristice's tracklisting (I've bolded the 'normal' names for you):

01 - Altibzz (02:53)

02 - The Plc (04:17)

03 - IO (03:08)

04 - plyPhon (02:33)

05 - Perlence (03:25)

06 - SonDEremawe (01:21)

07 - Simmm (05:00)

08 - paralel Suns (03:04)

09 - Steels (02:56)

10 - Tankakern (03:40)

11 - rale (03:43)

12 - Fol3 (03:47)

13 - fwzE (02:39)

14 - 90101-5l-l (03:11)

15 - bnc Castl (02:52)

16 - Theswere (02:12)

17 - WNSN (04:57)

18 - chenc9 (04:57)

19 - Notwo (05:34)

20 - Outh9X (07:15)

So, out of 20 tracks, 4 (and #8 is debatable due to spelling) have 'normal' names. I think my point stands.

Obel created a LOL. You took it too far by copying and pasting the tracklist to make your point stand. It's OK to be wrong.

And as far as complaining about artists who make music which requires concentration to appreciate it, well, i really think you are having trouble grasping the concept of IDM. If you want to listen to elevator music dig out your Flaming Lips CD.

• 4 weeks later...

im not sure its really irritating to me when people make vague posts like that in a forum full of such rabid fanboys like myself. when i saw his remark i immediately went all over google seeing if the AE songs had leaked, but no luck.

it seems like they're ... not trying to make music that you can listen to ... I found myself concentrating more on the music than my work because it was so difficult to sync with...

i dunno, i find it possible to listen to autechre. and i actually work better with stuff like autechre playing! opinion etc

• 5 weeks later...

Oval moon = awesome

is this from firsthand experience or do you just mean the title

i can say from firsthand experience that it is indeed awesome. it all depends on what era of autechre you like though ;)

Archived