IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest Joebot Kill

it would be pretty cool. that said I don't think the cover of oversteps is as great as say...their last few albums. I like it more than quaristice's art though.

My favorite of their covers is probably Chiastic Slide. Flat and minimal tDR style, but it's still highly abstract and fun to look at. Not to mention it describes the sound of the album really well.

I liked the type on quaristice, but the squares didn't really do it for me.

I think the black spot is an interesting, organic turn for them visually. And the actual CD cover with the type on it does look really cool IMO.

up-1autechre.jpg

when you look at it like that, it's more than just a black spot.

it would be pretty cool. that said I don't think the cover of oversteps is as great as say...their last few albums. I like it more than quaristice's art though.

My favorite of their covers is probably Chiastic Slide. Flat and minimal tDR style, but it's still highly abstract and fun to look at. Not to mention it describes the sound of the album really well.

I think the black spot is an interesting, organic turn for them visually. And the actual CD cover with the type on it does look really cool IMO.

up-1autechre.jpg

when you look at it like that, you're just reaching imo.

fixt

up-1autechre.jpg

when you look at it like that, you're looking at it like that

:aphexsign:

:squarepusher:

Guest Calx Sherbet

i've been listening to all the quaristice releases today to ready myself! continue on tomorrow!

In the process of all this I've decided to actually give anything Quaristice one final chance. Perlence range 7 is fucking awesome. :closedeyes:

i was listening to this track at lunch at in n' out burger today in my car. this dude walks by and looks at me with a look on his face like "this is familiar" and started doing air drums and nodding his head at me!

does the haunting soul eat at in-n-out burger? did he seem to disappear only for you to turn your head in time to see his face pressed against your windshield with burst ketchup packets screaming about wood tocks?

people recognise ae in daily life? that musta been Soul

i've been listening to all the quaristice releases today to ready myself! continue on tomorrow!

In the process of all this I've decided to actually give anything Quaristice one final chance. Perlence range 7 is fucking awesome. :closedeyes:

i was listening to this track at lunch at in n' out burger today in my car. this dude walks by and looks at me with a look on his face like "this is familiar" and started doing air drums and nodding his head at me!

does the haunting soul eat at in-n-out burger? did he seem to disappear only for you to turn your head in time to see his face pressed against your windshield with burst ketchup packets screaming about wood tocks?

i don't think it was haunting soul... unless he's latino with a black 59fifty L.A. Dodgers hat tilted to the side with a black hoodie and baggy jeans!

i've had a few "ae in public" situations!

my favorite was when i was at a red light listening to fermium full blast and there was a convertible beside me with 4 white girls looking straight ahead and horrified!

my favorite was when i was at a red light listening to fermium full blast and there was a convertible beside me with 4 white girls looking straight ahead and horrified!

For some reason I remember you were playing The Trees and a skater kid walked past and said "Dude! This is Autechre!"

Why do I remember these minor details?

Someone mentioned cover artwork :

The Draft cover + inserts and Untilted cover are all great in my opinion. I think that Rutterford´s 2d work adds a whole lotto Aes work in terms of visual qualities. Of course, TDr have produced some amazing graphics for Ae´s releases. ( Quaristice album artwork and Chiastic comes to mind ).

The artwork appearing on EP7+inserts is probably my all time favorite though. I seem to remember that they were produced in collaboration with a a draftsman who specialized in technical drawing.

Who did the amber cover artwork btw ?

Not to forget. The Oversteps Artwork looks very promising too... All that black ink work on off - white paper

- especially when matched against the vinyl discs ;-)

I like the new cover very much

It revers to classical minimalistic paintings too

I hope the album is as rough, pure, direct and epic as the artwork

It looks like they are done with the detailed playfulness and overstep everybody with massive intense stuff

Guest Balance

Oversteps is an intriguing title, it suggests they've really went for it and think they've gone too far, I hope that's what it means.

this doesn't mean said girls weren't ae fans, it is just a natural reaction to fermium.

Guest ataraxy2

this doesn't mean said girls weren't ae fans, it is just a natural reaction to fermium.

What the fuck is with all the Fermium hate? :facepalm:

Oh yeah? I heard from a relible source that every track on Oversteps are versions of Fermium. You can leave now.

Edited by ataraxy2

i don't think it was haunting soul... unless he's latino with a black 59fifty L.A. Dodgers hat tilted to the side with a black hoodie and baggy jeans!

Haha well obviously I'm not going to be that obvious about it. He's my assistant Mo and I send him out in my place when I'm worried someone might notice that it's me.

For some reason I remember you were playing The Trees and a skater kid walked past and said "Dude! This is Autechre!"

Why do I remember these minor details?

yes... that's true! and an ex coworker in orlando bumrushed me in excitement when i pulled into work listening to AE... he was like "YOU LISTEN TO AUTECHRE?" with his indian accent and proceeded to high five me... but as months went by, it was actually his little brother that was into AE... he was more into house music!