IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest victorian sewer rituals

This record is pure magic. Vivid and alive, flexing it's structure in the shade. Certain sections have some of the most touching things i've heard.

Edited by victorian sewer rituals

Guest bardamu

This record is pure magic. Vivid and alive, flexing it's structure in the shade. Certain sections have some of the most touching things i've heard.

me too. nice description. so much of it (almost every track?) is so "sweet" and tender, very heartfelt. even the brasher, badass tracks like treale evolve into pure beauty by the end.

me too. nice description. so much of it (almost every track?) is so "sweet" and tender, very heartfelt. even the brasher, badass tracks like treale evolve into pure beauty by the end.

Yeah... Treale is like this big ogre made of snot and stone, walking around being all cocky and farting in everyone's faces, but then at the end of his daily stroll he comes home and shows the most tender and heartfelt care for his pet kitten.

Guest iamabe

ress and d-sho qub are the only tracks i like. they're great.

I'm not quite sure I can tolerate the rest of it yet. or ever, really.

*cue hatred of 1000 fanboys*

edit: see on see is pretty

Edited by iamabe

Guest Miblo

Yeah... Treale is like this big ogre made of snot and stone, walking around being all cocky and farting in everyone's faces, but then at the end of his daily stroll he comes home and shows the most tender and heartfelt care for his pet kitten.

Hei, it's funny you see this, Springymajig, because I think I see him walking around in 'Yuop'. The thuds could be his footfalls as he steps out into a swampy expanse of music, and by the end of it he's completely engulfed by it all.

For all you Tee shirt junkies out there, if you go to Bleep's homepage and scroll all the way down, they're selling official Oversteps shirts. Get them before everyone else buys them all up. Thought I'd share that, because I usually just look in their shirt section when looking for a shirt, this listing is hidden at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

For all you Tee shirt junkies out there, if you go to Bleep's homepage and scroll all the way down, they're selling official Oversteps shirts. Get them before everyone else buys them all up. Thought I'd share that, because I usually just look in their shirt section when looking for a shirt, this listing is hidden at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

jazz band by a few hours ;) :trashbear:

Edited by oscillik

can we get this thread to 285 pages by the time the official release day(s) are past? :emotawesomepm9:

Went to my record store today, they had three copies of the Oversteps vinyl deluxe box for 30 dollars each. It was heartbreaking not buying one, but I already pre-ordered two copies and I'm still waiting for both! One copy was about 60 dollars shipped from Bleep, and another copy from Norman Records for around 55 bucks. Damn. If I had known that they were going to be there at the store first, I could have bought 2 copies for what I paid for one from Warp, and be fucking listening right now! I walked around the store clutching that box for an hour.

The absurd love/hate thing continues for me. I was on Ilanders and thinking, This is awesome! And pt2ph8 blew me away next, then qplay hit me with deep emotions. But, and this has been happening quite a bit while listen to this one recently, see on see...just isn't working for me, even though it feels like it should. What's up with all the bloody reverb? It sounds totally amateur (not that I know much about this business, but shit... it's like a newbie unsigned IDM geek ran his whole track through a new reverb box and set it to the nth degree!) Gives me a headache. What a way to ruin a track....

Guest victorian sewer rituals

The absurd love/hate thing continues for me. I was on Ilanders and thinking, This is awesome! And pt2ph8 blew me away next, then qplay hit me with deep emotions. But, and this has been happening quite a bit while listen to this one recently, see on see...just isn't working for me, even though it feels like it should. What's up with all the bloody reverb? It sounds totally amateur (not that I know much about this business, but shit... it's like a newbie unsigned IDM geek ran his whole track through a new reverb box and set it to the nth degree!) Gives me a headache. What a way to ruin a track....

I ride my bicycle by the reverb on see on see's house every night, glancing at it all bashfully.

Guest Greg Reason

I ride my bicycle by the reverb on see on see's house every night, glancing at it all bashfully.

best post ever

If ever there was a sound of the sun shining through icicle caverns, see on see is it. The reverb is appropriate for the track I think, not sure it ever struck me as amateurish.

Are you saying that using a lot of reverb is amateur? Because I think it sounds good and technical ability has nothing to do with it - imagine the track with no or little reverb. Just wouldn't have that twinkly shine that makes it magic.

But, and this has been happening quite a bit while listen to this one recently, see on see...just isn't working for me, even though it feels like it should. What's up with all the bloody reverb? It sounds totally amateur (not that I know much about this business, but shit... it's like a newbie unsigned IDM geek ran his whole track through a new reverb box and set it to the nth degree!) Gives me a headache. What a way to ruin a track....

but considering that the guys are concentrating more on space and letting the tracks breath (as alluded to in the interviews) it makes perfect sense that they would play around with reverb. there's nothing wrong with you not liking the track, we're all entitled to our opinions. reverb is part of the DNA of oversteps. if you like it, great. if not, just choose another species.

just remember where the guys are coming from, that's all.

the way i see it, they're using reverb (especially with see on see) in the same way that My Bloody Valentine use delays and distrortion. oversteps is a weird and modern shoegaze album. and i fucking love it. but then i would, because i like My Bloody Valentine and autechre.

Got it this morning from my local record shop.

Took it home.Took the packaging off,stroked the cover for a moment,played it and fell in love.

Thats all.

As you were.