IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

'd-sho qub' still doing it for me.

likewise. this was my first favorite, too

found a pre-set on Logic Pro's ES2 synth that is strikingly similar to the distorted sounds of 'st. epreo'. it's the warped synth: "feed back" setting.

found a pre-set on Logic Pro's ES2 synth that is strikingly similar to the distorted sounds of 'st. epreo'. it's the warped synth: "feed back" setting.

nice! *checks out right now*

Is Oversteps just chock full of Logic soft synth presets?

i doubt AE just loaded a straight preset and didn't tweak it. I mean 99.9% of electronic music are people loading presets and tweaking them, and even that extra .1% of people's custom made patches end up sounding pretty close to already existing presets. Using a 'preset' and fucking with it a little bit is not a bad thing, people need to get over themselves. There is a sect of musicians who oppose using presets all together but you will find that the patches they create themselves aren't really that remarkable or different from presets. I think people take it the wrong way when i think i hear a preset from a famous instrument. I'm just being a nerd

Edited by Awepittance

According to my number of listens, Yuop is my least favorite song and I always listen to d-sho qub with st epreo after it in tandem.

r ess is still great.

nice! *checks out right now*

i had the octave set to zero on the CAPSLOCK keyboard thing. that synth is pretty remarkable, though. just getting acquainted with it

Is Oversteps just chock full of Logic soft synth presets?

i doubt AE just loaded a straight preset and didn't tweak it. I mean 99.9% of electronic music are people loading presets and tweaking them, and even that extra .1% of people's custom made patches end up sounding pretty close to already existing presets. Using a 'preset' and fucking with it a little bit is not a bad thing, people need to get over themselves. There is a sect of musicians who oppose using presets all together but you will find that the patches they create themselves aren't really that remarkable or different from presets. I think people take it the wrong way when i think i hear a preset from a famous instrument. I'm just being a nerd

but not using presets is about creating that exact sound in your head instead of browsing libraries over and over and take what you like

Its a totally different approach

but yes you can shortcut that by tweaking presets of course

Got my japanese Oversteps today! Fucking terrific sound!

It has an insert booklet that folds out to a flyer-sized one-sheet. Can't read japanese, but it seems to have some sort of discussion about their work, with references to Quaristice. The outside had a sticker promoting a june show in Japan with Juan Atkins.

I will say that the bonus track feels exactly like a bonus track, not essential. It kinda needed a couple minutes more to develop. It might even be a snippet/version of another track, maybe?

Guest bardamu

It has an insert booklet that folds out to a flyer-sized one-sheet. Can't read japanese, but it seems to have some sort of discussion about their work, with references to Quaristice.

if you can scan that in, i can translate it for you. curious to see what it says myself...

It has an insert booklet that folds out to a flyer-sized one-sheet. Can't read japanese, but it seems to have some sort of discussion about their work, with references to Quaristice.

if you can scan that in, i can translate it for you. curious to see what it says myself...

Here you go...

post-7719-12682961388_thumb.jpg

Guest bardamu

Here you go...

thanks. i just read it, and will translate it later this week. its an interview/overview of their history as a band. among other things, rob talks about wanting to work with the concept of "space" in the music and not have beats which mangle/damage the melodies. he talks about "r ess" a little bit too and makes some cool metaphors about spaceships docking on the moon and "reformatting the listener's brain" (as in introducing them to the sound-world of the album)

Here you go...

thanks. i just read it, and will translate it later this week. its an interview/overview of their history as a band. among other things, rob talks about wanting to work with the concept of "space" in the music and not have beats which mangle/damage the melodies. he talks about "r ess" a little bit too and makes some cool metaphors about spaceships docking on the moon and "reformatting the listener's brain" (as in introducing them to the sound-world of the album)

duuude get on that asap!