But Prometheus was a dumb movie made to make dumb people feel smart, kind of like Inception. Avatar was a dumb movie by design, which I respect more.

Edited by Candiru

I don't think Prometheus is that dumb. It has problems and is chaotic, but it presents some interesting ideas. Avatar is not just meant to be for dumb people, it makes people dumber.

The movie that was released to cinema was the directors cut. They had a PG-13 rating version ready that was replaced by the R-Rating directors cut. Now there is going to be another extended cut release that will be 20 minutes longer and contains 30 minutes of additional bonus material.

Just imagine how average this movie would of been without the abortion scene? (Which was what bumped it up to R-Rating).

Edited by beerwolf

The movie that was released to cinema was the directors cut. They had a PG-13 rating version ready that was replaced by the R-Rating directors cut. Now there is going to be another extended cut release that will be 20 minutes longer and contains 30 minutes of additional bonus material.

Just imagine how average this movie would of been without the abortion scene? (Which was what bumped it up to R-Rating).

yeah it makes no sense to have a sci-fi-horror flick without any real violence. I mean thats what alien is about right? Aliens that kill people in the most brutal way they can get away with.

• 2 weeks later...

sDFX0.jpg

looks like he's about to take a dump.

...because he's reading the script to Prometheus

Its from the unreleased extended version

this one also:

ljrR5.jpg

J6Tr4.jpg

This opening sequence, with the presence of many Engineers, was cut from the film to further enhance the mystery of our creators. Throughout the film, the filmmakers wished to enable both the Prometheus crew and the audience to experience parallel levels of mystery.

WfAzM.jpg

unused sketch of the first meeting:

KwBB3.jpg

costume design:

O0kdR.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

For those who enjoy Prometheus visuals and Autechre, I put together a video with footage from one of the Weyland files (not the movie itself) and soundtracked it with 'corc'. Youtube nuked it within seconds when I attempted to upload it, so you're welcome to grab it here for some localised viewing (it's only around 200 MB filesize) while you can.

Edited by jasondonervan

Very interesting interview on the Empire movie site with original scriptwriter Jon Spaihts about how Prometheus would've turned out if Lindelhof hadn't got his grubby mitts on the project:

http://www.empireonl...ew.asp?IID=1563

I love the idea of Shaw being trapped in the pod while she's being regenerated and the alien tearing it up outside the pod.

Sigh... what could have been...

I haven't see anyone mention this yet, but Ridley Scott is now thinking about combining the Blade Runner universe with the Alien universe. HAHHAHAHA!

Apparently so *deflates from sighing so much*

WeylandBladeRunnerscreenEggfull3.jpg

another perspective on this

What I’d expect is that this might actually be a cheeky nod to the fact that Ridley Scott (or his team) recycled effects shots in Blade Runner that were originally created for Alien. (A fitting thing for Blade Runner’s patchwork world.) Screens seen in the Nostromo and escape shuttle are also seen in the police spinners in Blade Runner

I haven't see anyone mention this yet, but Ridley Scott is now thinking about combining the Blade Runner universe with the Alien universe. HAHHAHAHA!

Apparently so *deflates from sighing so much*

WeylandBladeRunnerscreenEggfull3.jpg

another perspective on this

What I’d expect is that this might actually be a cheeky nod to the fact that Ridley Scott (or his team) recycled effects shots in Blade Runner that were originally created for Alien. (A fitting thing for Blade Runner’s patchwork world.) Screens seen in the Nostromo and escape shuttle are also seen in the police spinners in Blade Runner

I long for the day when my vehicle's HUD flashes PURGE every time I leave my parking lot

Edited by baph

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

they considered it but didnt do it. they hinted at it. maybe even filmed something but didnt include it.

they considered it but didnt do it. they hinted at it. maybe even filmed something but didnt include it.

I don't even believe that much. I'm much more in sync with the article I posted. Which suggests that it's just someone having some fun with an easter egg, seeing how far it can go.