this is just course correcting after the negative reaction to Prometheus. so they sort of continue on with the Prometheus storyline but incorporate a lot more traditional Alien elements in the mix. everything they've relased so far regarding Covenant (the poster, the trailers) has basically been shouting "hey everybody! there are old-skool style aliens in this one!"

that trailer revealed so damn much about the movie. you can already see how its going to go. i'm sure this will be better than Prometheus but nowhere near as good as Alien & Aliens.

in terms of visual fx & design it looks great, but that is par for the course these days with big budget films.

uhmmm....ok. From the trailers, I didn't notice many "real" aliens.

This is a film and Ridley, he loves to do things in camera, so the more we can do… He doesn’t like CG blood. He doesn’t like CG effects. He likes it to complement the work that we do and to do set extensions, but he loves realism. He wants a real alien running around the spaceship and stuff like that.” 
Edited by olo

Just read a thing quoting Ridley (79 years old) as saying he could do six more films in the franchise. Not going to even link it, it's so ridiculous. He's fucking lost any brain he ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read a thing quoting Ridley (79 years old) as saying he could do six more films in the franchise. Not going to even link it, it's so ridiculous. He's fucking lost any brain he ever had.

Dude needs to find whoever was feeding him scripts in the 80s and rehire them STAT

Development on the sequel to this sequel has already begun:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/ridley-scott-already-has-a-script-ready-to-go-for-the-a-1793007316

Who & why designed the chest-burster? 

It's just gonna be David because he developed some stupid god complex and views androids as the next bastard step in evolution. His stupid lab is pictured below.

And if this ain't right, it's gonna be something equally as stupid.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-28-at-7.47.55-PM.jpg

http://io9.gizmodo.com/ridley-scott-already-has-a-script-ready-to-go-for-the-a-1793007316

It's just gonna be David because he developed some stupid god complex and views androids as the next bastard step in evolution. His stupid lab is pictured below.

OMG - you are probably right. If it turns out a human-created android created the Aliens we know as Aliens (Xenomorphs)... Ridley needs to just retire at this point, IMO.

Looks like they cribbed from Westworld - is that an AMD processor they are putting into him @ 2:27? LOL

EDIT: LOL, it is! Fucker probably overheats all the time :dadjoke:

OMG - you are probably right. If it turns out a human-created android created the Aliens we know as Aliens (Xenomorphs)... Ridley needs to just retire at this point, IMO.

Wouldn't that involve time travel? Also it would make it patently absurd that Weyland is funding missions to find something he already indirectly created.

Looks like they cribbed from Westworld - is that an AMD processor they are putting into him @ 2:27? LOL

EDIT: LOL, it is! Fucker probably overheats all the time :dadjoke:

hell yeah dude i got eighteen fans in my walter, shit runs hot. when my allowance comes through i'm gonna get that razer naga hex eyeball mod so he glows bright red when he boots up. 

Wouldn't that involve time travel? Also it would make it patently absurd that Weyland is funding missions to find something he already indirectly created.

How's time travel involved? Prometheus/Covenant takes place before the first Alien movie...

Looks like scott doing a verhoeven. Scott might be going for the critical satire angle on this one. (Read: i dont know where the fck he is going, apart from prolly not the direction from the available clips...)