I still want to know if aliens eat tho...

it's hinted at that they feed on their victims. Ripley refers to "being lunch" in the third film, if you accept that.

so the answer is probably anything meaty.

why don't they let the alien in the ship?! they just take off with him on the outside hanging on for dear life. he has to hang on with his hands and feet so then he has no choice but to bang his head on the glass to get in. and the stupid guy is just standing there looking at him like "uuuhhh... uumm..."  OPEN THE WINDOW AND LET HIM IN SO HE DOESN'T FALL!   so mean!

arrival?

also, people are suckers for cheap thrills and mindless action. don't blame hollywood for catering to the audience. they have to make some money as well.

arrival had grass :)

i don't blame hollywood- i usually blame the people that promote the mediocre films and thus they keep getting made

meh, the 'problem' lies in-between. The fans scream they want more of this and that, but ultimately fail to articulate (or even comprehend) what they really want. On the other hand, the studios usually just go for the most obvious and fail to understand where the 'magic' came from.

There was probably the same amount of 'wtf' about the many questions that the first Alien movie raised, but there was no internet to spread it like wildfire, so it remained more or less a heated pub debate among friends and soon forgotten. Now, with teh internets, all that info is always present and seems so critical towards the creators, which is consequently taken too seriously which tends to neglect the artistic component of minimalism in story telling and becomes this vast pile of complaint letters that studios ultimately shovel in the face of the creators saying "look how you screwed up, look at all those disgruntled idiots! they will never go to see another Alien movie thanks to you! Now, put more gore and fast-paced action in it and shut up."

Anyways, Fassbender nailed it, I think he is one of the rare contemporary actors who understand.

i think this is a testament to how much of the original alien film's success can be attributed to its production design, because i don't think at it's heart the story was not complex. i think the production design gave that illusion with the look of the alien, the alien's space-craft and how it bled some kind of acid. we began to formulate in our minds there was more to this than was being "told".

all those are elements of the production design that helped expand the story (since we know o'bannon and giger began those concepts on dune): but with today's film they are the story. 

Edited by Nebraska

the first two films revealed a whole new universe, and the subsequent ones is an alien on the loose chomping things (maybe not so much Prometheus)

if this new film is people on a ship, go to a planet, gets infected by a beast and then beast goes on a chomping mission, I think folks will be disappointed. Somehow there needs to be a twist or a fresh perspective on proceedings. Trailer looks good though imo.

Edited by beerwolf

The Alien franchise is speciest. When will this outrage stop being accepted in Hollywood!

seriously!

something that always bothered me about the first film. at the end when ripley flies off in her little ship and is getting ready to go to sleep. the alien is also taking a nap. he is just curled up in an out of the way place not bothering anyone, and she starts spraying him with those bursts of steam or whatever. i mean, if she just did it once i would have been "ha ha. very funny. you woke me up." but she keeps doing it over and over! understandably, the alien walks over to talk to her about it and just when he is opening his mouth to say something SHE BLOWS HIM INTO OUTER SPACE & SHOOTS HIM WITH A HARPOON!

and then the music is all heroic and happy and i'm like "are you kidding me?! what a mean bitch!"

You guys act like the trailer showed everything, uh not the Engineers. This planet is Paradise for a reason, iconic and ironic. Ridley said we would get more answers in this film left hanging from Prometheus. I don't think it's gonna be a simple splatfest with no originality to it.

Rubin, I thought they're not on a planet that isn't Paradise in this, right? My (notoriously bad) memory is telling me that was the original plan for Prometheus 2, but then Ridley decided to do multiple films (3 I think) between Prometheus and Alien...hence the tagline "path to Paradise begins in hell."

You guys act like the trailer showed everything, uh not the Engineers. 

They kinda did...but they be dead.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-28-at-10.01.05-PM.pn

Rubin, I thought they're not on a planet that isn't Paradise in this, right? My (notoriously bad) memory is telling me that was the original plan for Prometheus 2, but then Ridley decided to do multiple films (3 I think) between Prometheus and Alien...hence the tagline "path to Paradise begins in hell."

If the storyline has changed then I'm not up on that. I did wonder how this series can maintain 4 prequels to Alien. Maybe we'll see a 3rd alien race enter the picture? not Predators, lol