the idea was always for the characters to find god, something Scott previously said as well. "Not god, like the one that people believe in and pray to, but a creator. The being who created the engineers. Don't expect him to be a merciful god."

The writer went on to say that he always loved the idea of having David (Michael Fassbender) meet god. "God created the engineers, the engineers created us, we created robots," he explained. "Now David is on his way to visit god and he's bringing hell with him."

In the original "Prometheus" script, Xenomorphs show up thirty minutes into it, but Lindelof felt that it was too early to deal with the creatures, so he took them out. "I can tell you that Xenomorphs haven't gone away," he hinted about the sequel, adding that we may see new versions of the Xenomorph. "What would happen if a facehugger got its tentacles on god, or on David?"

BRILLIANT!

kqBG4.jpeg

Prometheus and God by Dejano Jovanovic

Edited by o00o

I'd be surprised if number two ever appears. Ridley Scott must have spent the last year fielding questions about how badly he fucked the last one up. Every time he goes out, I'm sure there's someone pestering him about why all the characters behaved like moronic ten-year olds, or why that guy was petting the penis snake, or one of the 500 wtf questions that come up after watching that movie. Seriously, he must be sick of it. No way would he sign up for another year of that.

Yea. Somewhere in the land of unfortunately...

Ridley Scott is currently doing press rounds for The Counselor. The movie was a bit of a disappointment and tanked at the box office, but that’s okay because the director never slows down. He’s already charged ahead with his follow up, Exodus. In a recent interview with Empire, he says the story will be “Fucking huge” and of course he’ll have the parting of the Red Sea. For those unfamiliar with the project, Christian Bale is playing Moses (because if anyone looks Jewish, it’s a guy named “Christian”), John Turtorro as Pharaoh Seti, Sigourney Weaver as Tuya, Seti’s wife, and Joel Edgerton as Pharoah Ramses. We previously reported that Aaron Paul and Ben Kingsley may have roles, but Empire doesn’t mention those actors.

Hit the jump for Scott talking about his upcoming projects, Prometheus 2, Blade Runner 2, and more. Exodus is set for December 12, 2014.

Scott was a bit unclear when it came to his upcoming slate of projects. He tells Empire that Prometheus 2 is written, but didn’t indicate when it would start shooting. He added, “I have already got the next two films ready to go. That will be 2014, 2015…”. In a recent interview with Steve, Michael Fassbender (who played the android David), the actor said he didn’t know when the sequel would start shooting. So if Scott’s next two movies aren’t Prometheus 2 (which would mean it wouldn’t start filming until 2016 at the earliest), what could the other movies be? Scott is never short on options (hence why he’s always working).

One of those projects could be The Forever War. We last reported on the film over three years ago, but Scott hasn’t forgotten the adaptation of Joe Haldeman‘s 1974 sci-fi novel, which “tells the contemplative story of soldiers fighting an interstellar war between humanity and the enigmatic Tauran species [and has] pithy, insightful explorations of the inhumanity of war and of bureaucracy, and of the psychological effects resulting from time dilation space travel.” Scott tells Empire “we’ve finally got a very good draft of that for Fox,” but again, he’s unclear. Scott says, “I thought I’d left science-fiction for too long, that I had better climb back in. Prometheus was a great experience for me. Chasing number two, we can start evolving the grand idea…” So is “number two” the second Prometheus or is “number two” The Forever War?

In a less confusing update, Scott says they’re still working on Blade Runner 2, and “that will happen sooner or later.” It’s probably best to bet on “later” for this one.

Fun times ahead kids. I'm sorry, when directors start reimagining their work 20-30 years later, that says to me they should stop directing. And really, Ridley Scott is overrated as Ffffuuuck.

Like I've mentioned before, the soundtrack was sooo terrible. Like a B-side to The Hobbit or something. Anyway, I pulled a new intro soundtrack out of my ass and uploaded it on YouTube

[youtubehd]pTshhKvB01Q[/youtubehd]

The soundtrack suffered from the same tune being repeated too much. (the same track that was played over the credits). It was pretty unsuitable in parts.

I watched this again last night at home in 3d, just over a year after seeing it in 2D at the cinema. A couple of things struck me after the second viewing.

- There were some weak characterisations and a lot of weak deliveries of lines with certain characters. I noticed this after the first viewing, but more so last night. It's annoying because it's stuff that could have been easily fixed with a few extra takes or better editing.

- The CGI is excellent, as was the pacing towards the end. I'd like to see the storyboards for this shit because it appears they did an incredible job of bringing it to life. The action is built up well and it gets pretty intense. The last scene is awesome.

- The pacing in the first two thirds could have been improved. It's slow in parts, then jumpy, with some irrelevant scenes with the crew. Again, easily fixable.

I'd be pretty pleased to have confirmation that a sequel is on the way. Sure, a bit of patchwork is required, but i'm sure old Speights is frothing at the mouth to bring some of his old ideas to the forefront again with his significant other out of the way.

Letting the crew ad lib like they did in Alien set up an excellent group dynamic. It was natural. Some of the early scenes in this were too stilted. That's Ridley's fault.

In retrospect I like Prometheus for a fun ride that it was with some great visuals. The script mess and some other stuff doesn't kill the positive experience.

I don't think the script is a mess.

Thanks, I needed that.

Still, there's a problem. If a movie makes you need to find answers that are not coded into itself, that's a problem. The team, that made this video quoted quite a few outer sources that provided straight answers, but I believe that the movie should do that by itself. So it's still messy, but I like it now, that I got those answers.

i think they tried to throw too much into this and it didn't really hang together (ever changing properties of the black goo and alien references). ignoring the plot loops there is a huge problem with the early character development which resulted in the evil android being the best character mainly because he was the most well rounded one. it would have been nice to have more meat to the character motivation throughout (apart from Charlize's daddy complex).