Guest Atom Dowry Firth

It's just like we need to find the right story. I hope we will.

fuck you. die in a fire.

Herein lies the problem.

They have no story, but a shitload of budget. Going about it the wrong way again....

I'm sure Jack Paglen (who, according to his IMDB profile, has written one other thing ever which isn't even out yet) will do a fantastic job of creating some kind of vague story for this blockbuster in the making.

It's just like we need to find the right story. I hope we will.

fuck you. die in a fire.

Herein lies the problem.

They have no story, but a shitload of budget. Going about it the wrong way again....

I'm sure Jack Paglen (who, according to his IMDB profile, has written one other thing ever which isn't even out yet) will do a fantastic job of creating some kind of vague story for this blockbuster in the making.

Yeah. The movie he wrote, Transcendence, sounds like basically an updated version of the Lawnmower man. But whatevs, I never bothered with Prometheus to begin with.

I'm probably the only person on earth stoked for the second movie. Plenty of problems with the first one but it was still enjoyable.

And it was miles better than the original alien. How the FUCK does a cat survive all of that carnage fuck you Ridley Scott.

Director Ridley Scott has given an update on Prometheus 2.

Prometheus had a script rewritten by Lost creator Damon Lindelof from an original draft by Jon Spaihts, but Lindelof has confirmed he is not involved in the sequel.

They're working on the script. I met Ridley in London a couple of weeks ago. I would love to work with him again and I know that he would like to do another one. It's just like we need to find the right story. I hope we will." Both she and Fassbender are contracted to return for a second film.

This reads to me as "Lindelof started the story and we have no fucking idea where he was going with it, now we don't know what to do."

I'm probably the only person on earth stoked for the second movie.

yeah I hope you're going to sit in that cineplex all alone and you'll fucking deserve it.

"now we don't know what to do."

BREAKING

PROMETHEUS 2 STORY TO BE CROWDSOURCED VIA STARBUCKS PROMOTION.

Send your script to Starbucks and if it's really good you might get a small cup of coffee.

This forum seems to be full of kids that like to shit on everything now.

I just like to shit on things that seem like a bad idea from the outset (insert hollywood blockbuster sequel / prequel here), and then look forward to being proven wrong some day.

Guest MastaN8

I usually don't like big budget flix but I like Ridley Scott and enjoyed Prometheus and dont get all the hate for it... after the ending of Prometheus, I figure they could go super dark and nihilistic in the second...

I'd be surprised if number two ever appears. Ridley Scott must have spent the last year fielding questions about how badly he fucked the last one up. Every time he goes out, I'm sure there's someone pestering him about why all the characters behaved like moronic ten-year olds, or why that guy was petting the penis snake, or one of the 500 wtf questions that come up after watching that movie. Seriously, he must be sick of it. No way would he sign up for another year of that.

if you notice, very clearly in all the press junkets for Prometheus Ridley Scott often washes his hands clean of being the person directly in charge of the movie. Its as if Lindeloff was used as a shield or a surrogate for the movie's badness. I think in part the prometheus marketing campaign intended to make Lindeloff a respected household name of up and coming bright new filmmakers, didn't really work out though

I usually don't like big budget flix but I like Ridley Scott and enjoyed Prometheus and dont get all the hate for it... after the ending of Prometheus, I figure they could go super dark and nihilistic in the second...

With you on that man, I enjoyed it

This forum seems to be full of kids that like to shit on everything now.

i don't understand this post. would you rather that users refrain from criticizing art? would that make for a better forum?

was looking through a wallpaper site and came across this gem

102889.jpg

Oh god he needs a speech bubble that says

"I told you I'd never say goodbye,

Now I'm slipping on the tears you made me cry"

man, seriously stahp it.

I am having severe difficulty holding back raucous guffaws at 3:30am