IGNORED

Vacuum Tracks

triachus

I find it hard to say they fail.. they are cool little meditative ambiance.. noise pieces. Kind of like what Caretstik said, it's not like they are trying to be the next squarepusher album/direction.

I like the fact that it always sounds like they're rising. They could make nice pieces for a soundtrack to a short film.

Vacuum Tracks:

1. 4026 Melt 1 3:10

2. 4026 Melt 3 3:07

3. 4026 Melt 4 3:25

4. 4026 Melt 5 4:31

5. 4026 Melt 6 5:19

it still fucking sucks

damn

this thread is the truth charge thrusted from the truth taser.

SP can go much deeper & hypnotic than this, i know he can

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember the CD sounding pretty much - WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOO woooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• 8 months later...

You can play them all together by opening all tracks in youtube to separate browser tabs. Much faster.

Guest cscairney

Personally, I really appreciate the Vacuum Tracks. Artists often want to work with the most limited and basic elements (sine waves) of their medium. like stepping back to square one.

I've been listening to a lot of 'Eleh' recently and thought I should try these Vacuum Tracks again... The refrigerator-like hum that pervades much of Eleh's catalog must have opened my mind a little as I'm really enjoying these now (though it must be said that I am definitely 'in the mood' for this sort of sound these days)... Perhaps I should try 'Mood Bells' again as well ;p

Yeah it's definitely interesting to listen to these kind of releases after a few years of being musically 'educated' by more extreme releases. Last week I reheard AFX's kpta tracks having since heard a few releases by what are generally regarded as major players in the noise genre (Masami Akita & Florian Hecker), and it's good to have a proper critical response to it rather than 'it's shite' (though my new response is - 'it's not really that good'. There's not enough variety or sonic depth to the sound in each piece to keep the attention of the listener, it's like noise-lite).

I can't rememberer which of the five it was but there definitely was more interesting stuff going on a few track that I remember there being previously. Before it seemed like ever track was just a few sine waves drifting in and out of phase and pitch but there's definitely some additional shenanigans going on to require some additional listens to take it all in.

Archived