IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I'm incredibly boring and all visitors to my flat start doing the jigsaw I leave on my coffee table not long after arriving realising conversation with me is boring. How does one be interesting / have a life?

Ask questions. People always want to talk about themselves.

i was setting up my illegal iptv thing for kodi, checking out various pirated broadcasts of worldwide tv channels and encountered a program led by richard quest on cnn international. usually hating people is kinda fun but that guy literally made me shudder. i've never seen a more vapid and obnoxious delivery, he embodies some kind of pompous and exaggerated classic-british stereotype but with zero irony. his voice and mannerisms are just vomit inducing, he's only capable of spouting banal platitudes proudly showing an extremely shallow understandings of the topics he talks about while flaunting some kind of faux street smarts and contrived cockiness. it's just unbelievable that such a thing exists. just check it out for yourself:

he easily beat caleb landry jones, my previously most hated person i've seen on the screen of some sort.

flipped into it randomly there and just got ' i have often found... it is often best when entering someones house..... not to criticize the wallaper''  lolled at that.

i watched the whole clip because im drunk, seems like a real life alan partridge, what i cannot fathom is why it has a warning at the beginning saying 'SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND THIS CLIP SHOCKING'' 

all i saw was a guy getting some elocution training and a bit of alexander technique. 

ive had more shocking wanks

Edited by messiaen

I'm incredibly boring and all visitors to my flat start doing the jigsaw I leave on my coffee table not long after arriving realising conversation with me is boring. How does one be interesting / have a life?

Hide the jigsaw puzzle.

Put a collection of sex toys on the coffee table and see what happens.

you either find some common ground you can build a convo upon or talk about yourselves in turns. Or just go full late night presenter and let the other person do the talking, "tell me more" etc. Maybe give up altogether

Ask questions. People always want to talk about themselves.

The question / dilemma was mentioned mostly in jest but advice is welcomed regardless.

Getting them to talk about themselves is my general approach--and most people don't give a shit about whatever it is I do in my flat so they're not exactly pursuing me conversationally--but it comes down to all the things I can quite happily talk about--music, books, games, creative endeavours etc--are none of the things most of my visitors care about, being more interested in The Only Way Is Essex type social life drama and who's fucked who, which I am sure is fun but not on my radar. In particular, I found not watching television / movies shuts down 90% of all conversational topics. especially with my little brother who does little else than go the cinema.

So it's not really boring in the sense that I am unable to talk--I can happily talk anyone to death as people in CHATMM may have noticed, and I am boring there too--but when it comes to my visitors, we move in too differently shaped circles to talk in depth about anything. And any steps to readdress this--watching films, going out and getting drunk every night--are not exactly worth it. I love my visitors but I am merely aware of how little common ground there is between us, which is all the more prominent when silence takes over.

(That said, people have told me they like coming to my place because it is peaceful and quiet, plus I always have plenty of tea / biscuits to eat so maybe my boringness is the reason they came?)

Hide the jigsaw puzzle.

Put a collection of sex toys on the coffee table and see what happens.

I suspect that they think the jigsaw puzzle is a sex toy...

Most people prob watch TOWIE at least semi-ironically. Chuck it on in the background for a lol maybe so at least you have something to talk about

1) Don't own television, nor will I ever

2) I don't do irony (unless I have a creased shirt)

3) 'So bad it's good' television / films make me angry. Why would you watch something you know is bad? I know that's the point but still. I have barely enough time for the good stuff in life, so why waste it watching The Room ten times over? (Like a friend who watches it once a month if not more and I am open mouthed in horror at)

Can you see why I'm boring yet

if you have trouble relating to people it's because you aren't trying

everyone is more or less the same

sounds like you're afraid to make an attempt at a real/intimate conversation as you are manifesting roadblocks like "we have nothing in common"

of course you have something in common

We all have things in common

I finally got a new smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) about a week and a half ago, but the default alarm ringtone is fruity and obnoxious as hell.

I thought about changing it to Get Ohn by Actress or Para Did by Machine Drum, but I'm open to suggestions.

if you have trouble relating to people it's because you aren't trying

everyone is more or less the same

sounds like you're afraid to make an attempt at a real/intimate conversation as you are manifesting roadblocks like "we have nothing in common"

of course you have something in common

We all have things in common

Not a problem of relating, it's a problem of being boring. Not that I find it a problem: I am quite happy here in my little bubble. In that way, it's other peoples problem to solve.

can't seem to catch some high quality, olympic, brazilian butt on the sports channels, all i get is hunks with silly hats eastern european water polo or post menopause oriental ladies ping pong.

is there a proper schedule for the good stuff?

I'm planning to moving out from parent's house.

My FWP: I don't know how to move out from my parent's house.

Anyone has some tips for doing it? All I know I need is enough and stable income.

Anyone has some tips for doing it? All I know I need is enough and stable income.

Make and/or sell drugs

Anyone has some tips for doing it? All I know I need is enough and stable income.

Probably get a job. Got any leads?

Probably get a job. Got any leads?

Yeah, in fact that's why I can start to plan it. I got a job with a good income for me, at least. My plan is save it all and move maybe on late 2017 or 2018, but I want to plan it all good to keep the fewest problems possible. Also I'm finishing my degree so I think it is time.

I'm just asking for tips or things that I should plan ahead before all of it. I'm searching for a roomie now too. Any experiences?

Edited by logakght

If you move in with your best friends, you might grow to hate them. Don't worry, that's normal, and can't always be helped. You can cross that bridge when you come to it.

My biggest tip would be don't let your diet go to shit when you move out. It's harder to cook good meals for a smaller group of people, so you'll have to look into recipes that work. If you share meals with your roomie it might be easier.

Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

I fucking HATE airports!!

I do too. SeaTac, Taoyuan International, Ted Stevens International, Shin Chitose...none of them are fun places to be.

I remember at Taoyuan (in Taipei) I had to go thru a security checkpoint and the agent there confiscated my orange juice I bought at the previous airport because of the stupid fluid ounce limit for carry-ons. Fucker probably just drank it after I left.