IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My girlfriend is in the hospital. We thought she had kidney stones. Now it turns out she has an 11 cm dried up clump of blood in her bladder.

They're fixing her now and I'm watching tv. But I haven't had any dinner and THAT is my first world problem.

My girlfriend is in the hospital. We thought she had kidney stones. Now it turns out she has an 11 cm dried up clump of blood in her bladder.

They're fixing her now and I'm watching tv. But I haven't had any dinner and THAT is my first world problem.

that sucks, squee, i guess she is lucky though, could be worse..

Edited by yek

Yeah, it really sucks for her. But the operation went fine and she's already come round from the anaesthetic. Luckily, there was nothing cancerous to be found and the whole procedure went great. She was completely wasted when I went in to see her which was pretty hilarious.

Poor thing.

Oh great, my mom just called and told me that my dad has started drinking again.

This is exactly what I need. Especially since 10 minutes earlier I was told that the doctors will have to cut out half of my girlfriend's kidney.

Fuck my life.

my friend gets to keep his foot! :sorcerer:

Oh great, my mom just called and told me that my dad has started drinking again.
This is exactly what I need. Especially since 10 minutes earlier I was told that the doctors will have to cut out half of my girlfriend's kidney.

fuck :cerious:

Fuck my life.

Is your dad a proper drinker? As in one sniff sends him into the twilight zone?

A good friend of the family, a very (very) decent man but when his wife died went into drinking oblivion has just been sectioned and commited to a home. Pretty crazy how alcohol can have such a massive effect on people. I like a fucking drink, but I also hate hangovers, and maybe because I like beer I'm generally fast asleep and dribbling before I can do much damage.

Sorry to hear such bad luck. That's my monthly dose of the General Banter forum done, see you next month!

wtf people these are legit problems not silly 1st world ones.

The seriousness will blow over in time. Be patient.

I think it's fair that some of us have an opportunity here to voice those more serious problems though.

Shit Squee... hope things start looking up soon.

25 minutes ago I turned on the oven to enjoy delicious burritos. 5 minutes ago I opened the oven to enjoy delicious burritos. OVEN IS EMPTY. Burritos are still on the counter. WHY GOD WHY??

Plastic baggies in the produce isle are too difficult to open! It's as though I have some congenital fingertip skin anomaly where I cannot get a grip of the plastic in order to disassociate the two sides to open the bag. Everyone else around me has no issue and others have tried to show me techniques but nothing works.

man-wearing-a-suit-holding-gun-to-his-he

i cant remember who the fuck on this forum linked me to cookie clicker, but im at prestige level 85,000, 12 days in, its destroying my attention span. i just want to reach a nonillion cookies

i cant remember who the fuck on this forum linked me to cookie clicker, but im at prestige level 85,000, 12 days in, its destroying my attention span. i just want to reach a nonillion cookies

I'm stuck on it too.

must, click

more

more cookies

1.297m handclicks

People hail Daydream Nation as Sonic Youth's masterpiece, but there's this terrible crackle all over the guitar tracks and intro song that ruin the whole thing for me. Like I can't even appreciate the music because my ear is constantly drawn to these crackling sounds that shouldn't be there. The album sounds like one big mistake to me. Are there any versions out there that don't have the horrible crackle, or was it just that badly recorded? I'm hoping it was a mastering issue on this particular pressing, and that there is a clean version out there... though since the crackle is present at notably quiet points in the album, I'm thinking this is not the case. No other Sonic Youth albums have this problem (going through the discography now).

Guess I should post this in one of the Sonic Youth threads if I want answers. I'd be upset about this in a second or third world country too.

Plastic baggies in the produce isle are too difficult to open! It's as though I have some congenital fingertip skin anomaly where I cannot get a grip of the plastic in order to disassociate the two sides to open the bag. Everyone else around me has no issue and others have tried to show me techniques but nothing works.

Lick fingertips > extra grip > open bag > produce safely bagged > suicide averted

Jus ask the the cashier to open it for u m8..no shame...

I've noticed that my face gets red when I drink caffeine. It's a new development that I fear will cripple my productivity.

Lick fingertips > extra grip > open bag > produce safely bagged > suicide averted

I just rub the sides together til they wrinkle up enough to split apart

seems like all my pants are wearing out in the back pocket where i keep my wallet. is this a thing? anyone else? i wear khakis or whatever, not jeans. i hate shopping for pants too, it's just difficult to find a pair that feel right and look good.

My Uncle Ben 'rice medley' smelled funny coming out of the microwave.

turned it upside down over my bowl and out plopped a giant lump of (hot) green mould.

Luckily I had another one with me as backup

Edited by hello spiral