IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Bulk VanderHooj, on 31 Jan 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Does the sound quality of digi files degrade when copied so many times over time? =/

no, although the same file will degrade over time with multiple playbacks due to bit erosion. in fact, the easiest way around this is to simply make a new copy while it's still premium-grade and keep copying that forward.

Edited by usagi

Does the sound quality of digi files degrade when copied so many times over time? =/

no, although the same file will degrade over time with multiple playbacks due to bit erosion. in fact, the easiest way around this is to simply make a new copy while it's still premium-grade and keep copying that forward.

Not to be confused with the music losing quality from playback in the same way that a vinyl record does from the needle over many plays. Rather, the storage medium degrades over time, so keep making backups to new media and verify that your files are uncorrupted from one backup to another rather than potentially copying over a good file with a now corrupted one (at least I think that is what you're referring to).

Not to be confused with the music losing quality from playback in the same way that a vinyl record does from the needle over many plays. Rather, the storage medium degrades over time, so keep making backups to new media and verify that your files are uncorrupted from one backup to another rather than potentially copying over a good file with a now corrupted one (at least I think that is what you're referring to).

Ok good, that's what I've been doing  :happy:

I just found out I was inexplicably and involuntarily logged out of FB. Then I had to go thru some profile/identity confirmation bullshit "for security reasons." And at the end, I got a message saying something like "to prevent this from happening again, please review our Community Standards."

I think somebody reported me. Presumably for speaking out against Trump, his supporters, and his policies. I'd be damned if any press, media, or commentary not adhering to Trump's liking be censored. Fuck that shit.

In the meantime, I'm probably due for a password change anyway.

Edited by ambermonk

Technically, in the UK it is illegal to rip a CD you own to your computer, regardless of it being a personal copy. In fact, any kind of format shift is illegal here. Not that a single soul has been prosecuted but the law is still outdated and quite strange. iTunes is complicit in the crime too and liable.

If I told a police officer I saw a man rip a CD to his computer if they would take action?

trying to move to a new city (well, need to, not trying...) and finding a place to rent is turning into a huge headache. a few months ago there were all sorts of places i liked and could afford, now for weeks there's been nothing and i have to be out of my apartment this month! :wtf:

I'm quite tall and my natural walking pace is much faster than most peoples', so when walking alone I inevitably catch up with whoever else is walking in the same direction and have to slow down and wait for an opportunity to overtake. Despite how often this happens I still never seem to quite twig how dodgy it might look until I'm a few strides behind them. This has led to a couple of recent instances where I suddenly realise it must look like I'm shadowing some lone teenage girl. No I'm not stalking you, you just walk annoyingly slow you little shit

I'm quite tall and my natural walking pace is much faster than most peoples', so when walking alone I inevitably catch up with whoever else is walking in the same direction and have to slow down and wait for an opportunity to overtake. Despite how often this happens I still never seem to quite twig how dodgy it might look until I'm a few strides behind them. This has led to a couple of recent instances where I suddenly realise it must look like I'm shadowing some lone teenage girl. No I'm not stalking you, you just walk annoyingly slow you little shit

This happens to me all the time, some slow poke walking in the middle of the sidewalk and I overtake them (I walk swiftly and silently) and sometimes they act very startled and annoyed "ah you came out of nowhere, scared me half to death!". Oh please...

FWP related to this: My partner walks at normie speeds so I have to match my pace to his when we walk together. Even so we still manage to walk faster than some people, but only slightly, so it creates these scenes in which we are barely overtaking a walker ahead of us or someone is barely overtaking us and there are moments where it feels like we are walking with this other person. It doesn't seem to bother Frank (my partner) at all but I find it pretty awkward at times.

this happens to me on a daily basis.

the worst is when they're staring at their phone and zigzagging down the sidewalk, walk in a straight fucking line so I can pass you without crossing the damn street

FWP related to this: My partner walks at normie speeds so I have to match my pace to his when we walk together. Even so we still manage to walk faster than some people, but only slightly, so it creates these scenes in which we are barely overtaking a walker ahead of us or someone is barely overtaking us and there are moments where it feels like we are walking with this other person. It doesn't seem to bother Frank (my partner) at all but I find it pretty awkward at times.

lock hands with Frank and the stranger to create an impenetrable wall that people approaching from the opposite direction have to step around awkwardly to avoid. sing a little ditty while you're at it.

I'm normal height and still walk faster than most people. WALK WITH PURPOSE DAMMIT