IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

2 hours ago, bupkis said:

got a light?

I read this and thought of Doom's follow-up line "Nah a bud light" and now i'm depressed that Doom is gone.

7 hours ago, Squee said:

Here's what you do. You bring her a t-shirt that says "wifey" and when you take off your hoodie or whatever your t-shirt says "hubby". Or you can bring her a cup that says "wifey". It's totally up to you. Just make sure to come off as a complete psycho.

waifu might have better effect. 

i made a large order for 24 cans of this Black Grape Soda (pic is at the bottom of the post or smth). for those who don't know, KA Black Grape Soda used to be the tits - it was one of the best, sweet af and perfect for mixing cocktails.

then the sugar tax rolled in, permanently ruining most soft drinks in the UK as companies frantically changed their recipes.

i had it on good authority that Amazon were selling 24 cans of the ORIGINAL recipe black grape. now they've finally arrived, and it turns out i was wrong. i've simply been overcharged for 24 cans of the shit stuff.

my plans to get in some Absinthe and have a green fairy party have been somewhat scuppered. i've had a couple of these cans and they really do taste shit - supposedly 12g of sugar per can (instead of 45g) but all you can taste are chemicals. i can't even finish a can!

well, since i'm that desperate to get soused and i can't go out to buy alcohol right now, i figured i'd go ahead with a cheaper version of the absinthe and also get some of that sugar cane syrup they have in Starbucks. with that, and some lemon essential oils i was hoping to recover something from the Black Grape sodas taking up space up in here.

they arrived today - at even greater expense - and so far it's not looking good. i've trialed a bit of the syrup mixed with the grape and it's okay, not great. but those lemon drops completely overpowered the taste, and once i added those i ended up burning my mouth. you can't add essential oils to a cocktail! wish i knew that before lol

absinthe is still sealed, i'll probably be opening that later tonight. i might just add the syrup on its own and leave out the grape entirely - sadly it's not even sugar cane, i had to get "guar gum" syrup instead, whatever the fuck that is.

tl;dr buying ingredients for cocktails and all of the ingredients have something wrong with them, lost a tonne of money. i'll keep y'all up to date - if the absinthe turns out to be shit i'll just use it to clean my vinyl records.

81SgonymvqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

19 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I read this and thought of Doom's follow-up line "Nah a bud light" and now i'm depressed that Doom is gone.

Thank you for your response. This is a friendly reminder to use all caps when you spell the man's name. I have not reported you this time but be mindful.

17 hours ago, Dragon said:

i made a large order for 24 cans of this Black Grape Soda (pic is at the bottom of the post or smth). for those who don't know, KA Black Grape Soda used to be the tits - it was one of the best, sweet af and perfect for mixing cocktails.

then the sugar tax rolled in, permanently ruining most soft drinks in the UK as companies frantically changed their recipes.

i had it on good authority that Amazon were selling 24 cans of the ORIGINAL recipe black grape. now they've finally arrived, and it turns out i was wrong. i've simply been overcharged for 24 cans of the shit stuff.

my plans to get in some Absinthe and have a green fairy party have been somewhat scuppered. i've had a couple of these cans and they really do taste shit - supposedly 12g of sugar per can (instead of 45g) but all you can taste are chemicals. i can't even finish a can!

well, since i'm that desperate to get soused and i can't go out to buy alcohol right now, i figured i'd go ahead with a cheaper version of the absinthe and also get some of that sugar cane syrup they have in Starbucks. with that, and some lemon essential oils i was hoping to recover something from the Black Grape sodas taking up space up in here.

they arrived today - at even greater expense - and so far it's not looking good. i've trialed a bit of the syrup mixed with the grape and it's okay, not great. but those lemon drops completely overpowered the taste, and once i added those i ended up burning my mouth. you can't add essential oils to a cocktail! wish i knew that before lol

absinthe is still sealed, i'll probably be opening that later tonight. i might just add the syrup on its own and leave out the grape entirely - sadly it's not even sugar cane, i had to get "guar gum" syrup instead, whatever the fuck that is.

tl;dr buying ingredients for cocktails and all of the ingredients have something wrong with them, lost a tonne of money. i'll keep y'all up to date - if the absinthe turns out to be shit i'll just use it to clean my vinyl records.

81SgonymvqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This looks horrifying.

Had to setup another covid test.  Motherfucker.  It's in 35 minutes, will likely have the results in 24 hours if it's anything like last time.  Once again, very mild symptoms (sore throat that seems to already be clearing up).  I had a movie night scheduled with a woman I'm interested in tomorrow night too.  Guess it'll have to wait.  

6 hours ago, chenGOD said:

This looks horrifying.

yeah it is, they only sell it at corner shops i used to drink that shit as a kid but cant anymore after knowing how much sugar was in them and i eventually hated the taste too

10 hours ago, Dragon said:

i like grape

I like grape too, fermented, pressed, and aged in nice barrels to become wine (or whatever the process is).

If you drink quality alcohol, you don't need to whack so much sugar into your body...

/end grandad whinge.

4 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I like grape too, fermented, pressed, and aged in nice barrels to become wine (or whatever the process is).

If you drink quality alcohol, you don't need to whack so much sugar into your body...

/end grandad whinge.

see, i just think you're coming at this from the wrong angle - i want to whack sugar in my body. i just haven't caned it for a while and i figured it would be a good way to use up these drinks.

do you want some? i don't think i can finish them. pour them into some nice barrels, lol

Legs are sore af from getting back into a regular gym routine, now that the holiday bullshit has passed. While the month of January tends to be a cliché when it comes to fitness motivation, in this case I'm resuming a long-term commitment I started almost three years ago.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dragon said:

see, i just think you're coming at this from the wrong angle - i want to whack sugar in my body. i just haven't caned it for a while and i figured it would be a good way to use up these drinks.

do you want some? i don't think i can finish them. pour them into some nice barrels, lol

fair enough lol.

i'll pass, but very kind of you to offer.

massive facebook hack over the past week or so for a bunch of ppl....hacked my 10 year old deactivated FB account lol

changed the password and recovery email/phone # so i have no way of recovering and re-deleting

haven't had a FB in like 7 years and now theres someone on my very first account posing as 19 year old me. 

annoying

• Confused 1

so i downloaded every album from the 2020 album of the year thread... i put everything in the same folder and played it on shuffle... never once i stopped pressing skip forward...maybe 2020 wasn't such a good year... i maybe i'm done with idm... i listened to the new ae, i don't get it, it's always the same beat feeding several modulated/knob twiddling fx... dry/wet this fx on this beat and keep twiddling that knob during 20 minutes... there's like gabor lazar which sounds dope but if you listen to one song you've basically listened to them all... always the same sound palete... am i old or stupid? makes me sad/bored...

how come Oneohtrix Point Never whatever gets so much praise is beyond me... those vocals??? such cringe... is it because he's an ex-watmmer?

i found out old tunes like 2 months ago and that i can dig, although some songs are 4 bars repeating for 5 or 6 minutes which is really anticlimactic...

didn't like new sp either... sounds better than his previous 2 but those beats don't really do it for me... i miss those jungle tambourines rushing all over... oberlove melodies are epic and there's really good stuff on his nts set though...

i'm not saying this with arrogance, i'm feeling left out....i'm not cool anymore...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1